“Greeted by a smiling face” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5396 Primrose Lake Circle, Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Delray Beach, Florida
“Greeted by a smiling face”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This Springhill Suites is tucked away in a more residential area and worth traveling five minutes from the highway. I have stayed here at least a dozen times over the past 8 months for business trips. The hotel is new, clean, bright and cheery. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are quiet.

After a long day of travels and business, I would arrive in the early evening and my favorite room was waiting for me as I was greeted with a friendly smile and a big "Welcome Back!"

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! We work very hard to make our guests feel at home, and are very glad that we have been able to do this for you!

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Great Hotel, in an upcoming location. The Staff at this hotel went far above and beyond what would be expected to make sure that my family had all that we needed. My 6 year old got very sick while on our trip, and the staff made sure that we had everything that we needed to make things as good as it could be. I can't say enough good things about this staff. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review! We love to hear about it when a guest enjoys their stay with us! We hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed here for two weeks following my mother's surgery at a local hospital. We found all of the staff to be very accommodating, even allowing us to change rooms for more accessibility. We were able to go to the employees for advice about things to do in the area. They were all very nice and went the extra mile to talk with my mother during the long stay. The hotel decor is beautiful, reminded us of "I dream of Jennie." We enjoyed using the exercise room and the computer/business area. Only thing to fix would be the pool; it appeared to be in need of chemical balancing (however, it was winter and no one was even thinking of a swim in 50-60 degree weather). I would also suggest the dogs staying in the hotel not be allowed through the front doors/lobby area. As someone who suffers from severe allergies to dogs, I was a little uncomfortable with the dogs passing through, especially during the breakfast hours. (Yummy waffles by the way) Hotel was very clean and quiet. Very convienient location, movie theatre and shopping close by. Lots of restaurants in the area. Not too far from MOSI or Bush Gardens. Didn't even take too long to get to the downtown area, being so close to I75. Planning to return soon and will be making reservations at the Springhill Suites. p.s. very comfy beds too (even the pull out couches).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are all very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having you and your family here as well, and we hope everything is going well with your mother, thank you again!
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We liked the room design: two comfortable queen sized beds and a separate seating area with a sectional sofa. There is a separate room with sink and toilet and another room with shower/tub and sink. The hotel is new, quiet and very clean. It is well maintained and the employees were friendly. There is an outdoor pool, but it was not functional in winter weather (water not heated). There is also a business center with free internet access. Our room had microwave and small fridge. The only minor service disconnect was during breakfast. For example, they serve waffles, but often there was no syrup. They serve dry cereal but sometimes there was no milk. The hotel can be difficult to locate but once you figure your way around the temporary contruction it is close to I-75 and the University of S. Florida campus. It is about 70 minutes from Disney Resorts and 30 minutes from downtown Tampa. Probably just over an hour from Clearwater Beach. Other than included breakfast, there is no dining facility at the hotel but there are many dining and shopping options nearby on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here they allow pets, the room is really a really cool design with high ceilings and a cool bathroom. It's in a nice area with lots of great shopping and very new and safe. Would have expected to pay twice what I did, guess it was off season though, payed about 100 a night, but no fee for pets, free breakfast at a good clean buffet. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2010
swiss
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is new.got nice rooms but this was the worst hotel I ever stayed in.service is a dirty word for them.the teams were very loud and running through the whole building.breakfast was horrible.breakfast didn't offer bread. Manager was terrible too.we escaped from this hotel after 3 nights because of the groups.off course I don't blame the la crosse boys for this because they were excited,can't blame them at all but the hotel should better warn the other guests for enormous groups like this.the conditioner was terrible,so much noise that we were not able to sleep.never had an experience like this before.we are on a holiday because I must relax a little bit.because of my condition. but unfortunately no relaxation at all. I almost forget to,mention that the bananas at breakfast were almost rotten.the shower had almost no pressure so very uncomfortable too.pool was dirty.computer was working fine.WiFi was good.housekeeper friendly also the nice guy from maintenance was a good fellow.Kate was one of the kind frontdesk employee.the young guy was very rude but the manager tried to compensate me for his horrible behaviour at check in.I feel so very,very sorry for the elderly couple staying in de room close to ours.they were so lovely but were also bothered by all those groups.the first group was 75 people and the second group were a lot too.this is not a hotel up to,marriott standards but more like a cheap hostel.

• Stayed December 2010
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
I will respond to this comment as well, though it is from the same person as above. Again I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we did everything within our power to make your group happy, but it seems nothing we did was enough. It is evident from our other comments, and being ranked number 6 of all Springhill Suites in the world, that our hotel is nothing like a youth hostel, we are rather a typical hotel that caters to all sorts of different guests, and different guests needs, which includes traveling sports teams. Again I am sorry we were unable to make you happy, you had seemed very happy with the resolution I offered when we last spoke. I had very much enjoyed my conversations with you, but it is evident from these two comments that listening to everything you had to say every day you were here and agreeing to every request you had was not enough.
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My family and I enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms are comfortable and well designed, The lobby and breakfast areas were well appointed, with lots of light and comfortable furniture. Breakfast was included and offered the standard chain-of-this'-price variety of make your own waffles, cereals, instant eggs and microwave sausage. Though the location is a bit remote, it's a nice area out of the bustle near Busch Gardens, and perfect if traveling on I75 and want a place close to it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa North / Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!