“This hotel is as great as we hoped it would be.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Masaryktown
“This hotel is as great as we hoped it would be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The beds were really comfortable, room was clean and well equiped. The small refrigerator and microwave was a really nice touch. The pool area is clean and well kept and the free breakfast was wonderful. I will stay there again. They even have a shuttle service. Everyone extremely nice!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Great hotel all the way around! Enjoyed the stay as well as the amenities.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
nmbyers, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your stay at our hotel. We are so glad that we could serve you during your time in the Tampa area. We hope that you will allow us the honor again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Management and Staff
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This is by far not the worst place I've ever stayed. The facility seems new, it's well designed, the service is pleasant & helpful, and the continental breakfast is robust. It was also conveniently located to our meeting site, although that doesn't say much for other tourists or visitors to the Tampa area.

My room however was a bit iffy. While it was comfortable, clean, and attractive, I awoke to find hives/itchy bumps on my legs the next morning when I got up. Eww, right?

The worst part however, was the noise. After shutting off the TV, I realized I heard a dripping sound emanating from the air conditioner. The condensation had formed a puddle on the floor, and the dripping into the puddle was some what annoying. I got over it though, and began trying to doze off. Then I kept hearing a cracking noise. It was sporadic, and occasionally jarring. It continued at 10-20 minute intervals throughout the night, repeatedly waking me up. Around 3 a.m. I flipped on the light, to see if I could assess what the noise was. Upon inspection, I noticed the entire front of the air conditioner was covered in ICE. The ice was loudly popping and cracking as it melted and froze, melted and froze, the entire night. I finally had to resort to stuffing a pillow over my head to drown out the continuous racket.

I would likely stay somewhere else the next time I'm in Tampa. It surprises me that it is ranked as the #1 place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

The service was wonderful at the Comfort Suites Fairgrounds. All of the employees and managers were always pleasant and helpful. The hotel is right across from the Florida State Fairgrounds and very close to many large shopping areas. The hotel offers a shuttle for close trips, which was very helpful being in the area without a car. The staff went out of their way to assist me in finding a certain store that I needed and graciously drove me there at no charge.
The rooms are beautiful and spacious, very comfortable, the large 37" TV was great! They serve a hot breakfast plus a lot of other healthy choices if desired. I enjoyed everything about my stay and will recommend Comfort Suites to all of my friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

My husband and I attended a concert at the fairgrounds. This hotel was decorated beautifully, had customer service friendly staff. Definitely will go back again! We have already recommended it to friends who attended the same concert.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

This hotel is amazing if you are staying in Tampa you HAVE to stay at this property. Incredible beds, amazing bathrooms and just a beautiful hotel, from the time we checked in to check out we were impressed all the way. You can’t beat the price it is worth every penny, best value in town. If you are staying anywhere in the Tampa area you must stay here it is worth the drive, this property is the BEST hotel I ever stayed AT!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I don't ever stay in choice hotels like the comfort suites but this one comes highly recommended! The rooms were wonderful, spacious and the beds were just right! I did not want to get up for work the next day just wanted to sleep in for a few more hours! Staff, management all wonderful! The only terrible experience was the "love bugs" we did not know exist in florida! they were like the invasion of the body snatchers so do not visit the area in May and September, aside from that this will be the place to stay one will not regret it! and I pray the owner/management keep up the good work to keep the hotel in the excellent, clean state it is in today. 5/21/10

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!