“Great place to stay for Busch Gardens or Hard Rock Casino Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jupiter/Tequesta, FL
“Great place to stay for Busch Gardens or Hard Rock Casino Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We chose this hotel as part of a package purchased through buschgardens.com, and it was one of the best values offered. We had 3 nights at the hotel, free breakfast buffet, free shuttle, and visits to the Busch Gardens included at an extremely reasonable price. The hotel had free wi-fi and access to the business center computers 24/7. This hotel is located about 1 mile from the casino and about 8 miles from Busch Gardens. We took a similar package last year at a different hotel, Holiday Inn Express on Busch Gardens right down the street from Busch Gardens, so I couldn't help but compare the two. Basically both were very good with a few differences I'll mention later..

Our Comfort Suites room was excellent, very clean, nicely furnished with a king bed, lots of pillow, big bathroom, TV, sofa, desk, and closet, and even had an iron and ironing board,

The buffet breakfast was very good with lots of choices, including a waffle iron to make Belgian waffles, YUM! Be sure to get breakfast by about 9 am though, the whole thing is cleared away swiftly at 9:30.

At Comfort Suites the shuttle service worked very differently than we were used to. You have to schedule your drop off and pick up time when you first schedule the shuttle so we had to guess on the pickup time. We didn't know when we'd be ready to come back ahead of time, because it depended on how tired we were, how hot it was, or how much it was raining. When we arrived I asked about the shuttle and they gave the general shuttle hours. However, we learned later that there are different hours for the casino than for Busch Gardens. When we tried to book the shuttle go to to Busch Gardens around 2 or 3 pm and stay until the fireworks at 9 pm, we were told the last drop off was at 1:15 pm and we had missed it. The desk clerk said she was sorry I misunderstood. So we had to drive over there and pay for parking ($17). Actually it probably worked out better because there were thunderstorms in the evening and the fireworks were canceled, so we left around 7 pm.. As far as the shuttle to the casino, I wouldn't bother, because the casino is only a mile away and there's free parking. I would suggest that they post their shuttle schedules on a card on the desk so people are aware without asking.

As far as the staff, I didn't get the warm fuzzy feelings others have written about from the staff, although they were very courteous and polite, and the shuttle driver Joel was especially nice,

All said and done we had a very good stay at a great price. I'd recommend the Comfort Suites to anybody that's looking for a nicely decorated and very clean hotel with amenities at a reasonable price..

On a comparison note: Last year at the Holiday Inn Express they had more breakfast choices. My husband especially liked that they had biscuits and gravy, and the eggs they used were a much better product. Also, their shuttle worked all day long to Busch Gardens, and the driver gave us his cell phone number to call when we were ready to be picked up. Granted, they were right down the street from Busch Gardens so it was very convenient for them..

Green Features: Excellent practices. We did not have our linens changed during our 3 night stay, although we could have requested it..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear catcat,

Thank you for your compliments. I am sorry to hear of some issues that you encountered during your stay with us. We generally like to schedule our Busch Garden drop off and pick ups in advance in the event we have additional families that may want to take advantage of our shuttle.

During this time of year we do tend to have a greater amount of vacationing families visiting us and try to accommodate all those here for Busch Gardens.

Our goal is to always improve guests experience. We will use your review to re-evaluate our practices with our shuttle as well as any issues you encountered in regards to our housekeeping department. We do value our guests feedback and hope you and your family will visit us again whenever in the Tampa Bay area.

Front Desk Agent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I travel quite often, several years ago I wrote a comment on trip adviser praising this hotel, their accommodation and hard working staff. HOWEVER, we were verydisappointed this time.
My husband called to make a reservation,he asked for a Handicapped Accessibile room... when he questioned the price he were told and by the lady on the phone that we were being charged 10 extra dollars for a total of 119.00 for a handicap accessible room....furiously, I called back to question, and complain about this even being legal, it was then that I was told that the ten dollars were because it was two queen beds( which we did not request) but that was all that was available...ok good enough.
Once we checked in, we went to put our water in the fridge, and notice the food had been left there from the previous guest. We did call the front desk to let them know.
Then we were unpacking, and somebody from maintenances just opened the door and walked in..., he stated that he thought the room was empty and was going to spray....how about knocking,before opening the door even if you think its empty. Again we called the desk and let them know.
That evening I took a shower, and noticed the peeling paint above the shower head.....AM I AT A RED ROOF INN FOR 39.99? was my thought.
We went out that evening, enjoyed a fabulose dinner a few drinks and some gambling, got home late went to bed and the next morning noticed, that the sheets had what looked like dried blood on the side of the bed...that was pretty gross and DEFINITELY not mine.....at that point why even complain to the front desk better to put it in writing. OH yes, and they left an empty tissue box in the bathroom, so we had to go to the front desk for a new on.
But besides that, the Front desk staff was very professional, the young lady that works the breakfast, was great helpful and went out of her way.
and tony the shuttle driver was very helpful and out going. Thank goodness for people that take pride in their work.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cayman Is
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel with my family. This property was super clean and the staff were very friendly and attentive. I will be returning every time i visit Tampa. It is located next within 5 minutes of great restaurants and shopping as well as casino, yet it is in a quiet part of town. The housekeepers were fast and friendly and the beds were most comfortable.

Dear Nuts,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words about our property and your compliments for our entire hotel staff. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests have a great stay. I hope you keep us in mind on your next visit to the Tampa Bay area.

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My expectations were very high for this hotel based on the reviews and ranking. I wasnt overwhelmed with the experience nor was I underwhelmed. The fact of the matter for me is that you get a decent-to-high level value for the dollar you pay. It wasnt that it had the best service, location, amenities, etc. It's just that you pay a very good price for a great value property. The service was good; the breakfast was satisfactory; the location for us was convenient (close to the airport, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, and a straight hour shot to Orlando); the room was spacious; the beds were very comfortable; the pool was relaxing; the hotel was clean. So all in all nice property, but it becomes even better because of the price you paid comparative to competing properties. I would recommend for families and budget minded travelers like myself.

Dear RonJAllDay,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your kind words about our property and pointing out some of our complimentary services such as our free shuttle. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests have a great stay. I hope you and your family keep us in mind on your next visit to the Tampa Bay area.

Best Regards,

Juneau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I needed a place to stay between my job site and the airport and this was in the right location and and at the right price. When I arrived the lady at the front desk was happy and helpful. I got my key and a few suggestions of where to get something to eat..... After getting back from the casino that was 10 min away I was ready to hit the pillow. The room was clean and roomy and didn't have any smell as some Florida hotels have. I swear who ever made my bed must have been in the military is was as neat and tight as I've ever seen, and it felt great. got a great night sleep and made my flight.

Room Tip: I stayed in 413 and had no complaints didn't check out any other rooms to compare
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear X6240PFJames_S,

We would like to “Thank you” for taking the time to complete our survey. We pride ourselves on being given the Gold Hospitality Award by Choice Hotels. Our goal is to reach platinum and that would not be possible without your feedback. We are overjoyed that you were able to find a hotel to meet your needs while you awaited your flight home.
In addition, we are delighted that our accommodations meet your expectations. We hope to see you the next time you’re in the Tampa Bay area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and it was pritty good, the rooms are so awsome and very clean the best part was the continental breakfast. There were some minor problems that i diddent even bring them up to the staff. The shower had low pressure we were on the 4th floor that could be the reason as well as the toilet had some flushing problems but other then that it made my vacation worth wile.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Littplumber15,

We would like to extend our gratitude for taking the time to complete our survey. We are thrilled that your had a “Awesome” stay and had the opportunity to enjoy our continental breakfast. I do apologize on behalf of your team for the low pressure in your room and will bring this issue to attention of our maintenance department. I do hope this did not damper your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time you are in the Tampa Bay area.

Lexington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The staff could not have been more polite, friendly and helpful. The hotel was so clean and very welcoming. The rooms were beyond what I thought -- roomy, two queen beds that were SO very comfortable, along with the pillows. Usually when we stay in a hotel, the bed is uncomfortable, the pillows are awful and we don't sleep well. Not this time!!! We all slept as if we were at home. There was no outside noise during the night. It also had a couch that made a bed, so both of our children had their own bed! We had a free shuttle to Busch Gardens which dropped us off right at the gate, and we then scheduled a time to be picked up! That was nice! They had breakfast each morning, and it was good, except for the scrambled eggs. But they had the big waffle makers, bagels, bacon or sausage (different each morning), english muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit (apples, bananas), variety of juices, milk, cereal ..... It was really nice!!! This hotel was right across the street from the Fairgrounds, and while we did not visit that activity, if you are wanting to go there, it is right across the street. The hotel was within tenths of a mile to I-4, so a very easy drive to Disney. It also had Five Guys Restaurant very close, along with other eateries within a mile or so. We will definitely stay here again when we plan another trip to Busch Gardens! It also had a pool, which we did not use, but it looked very inviting. They also had a workout room.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and on an end, so no noise whatsoever from the outside or neighboring rooms...
Dear Glenna F,

We are so delighted you had the opportunity to visit our hotel while enjoying Busch Gardens along with all the additional amenities included in your stay. I will ensure to extend your gracious words to our staff. We do hope you will continue your loyalty to not only our hotel but the brand itself. If we can ever be of service to you and your family in the future please let us know. We do hope to see you again soon on your next Busch Gardens trip.

813-868-7770

Been to Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!