“Well Worth it” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Well Worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night (July 3rd) while in town to take my son to Busch Gardens on July 4th. They did offer park tickets etc at the front desk for a discount but I opted to go to Publix and buy a special deal that was not offered at the hotel. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel still looks new and is very colorful inside. They offer a shuttle service to the hard rock which is just down the street. Could not gamble on this trip though :-(.... o well next time. As far as my thoughts on this property I did like it and would stay here again if what I am doing in Tampa is convenient to this location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited this hotel for one night in Sept 2013 for a concert at the fairgrounds. I chose this hotel due to it's reviews and proximity to the fairgrounds. The hotel lobby looks very nice and the hotel overall seemed well kept. You could tell the rooms had been renovated as it had one of those large wall unit A/C units but it was controlled by a thermostat on the wall and worked well. The room was a very nice size with a sitting room and a separate area with a king bed. The bathroom had a ton of counter space for my stuff and well as my wife's. Not a big deal to us but there was only one sink. The bed was very comfortable but I'm not a picky bed person. The room also had a mini-fridge which was very convenient for the adult beverages before the concert. The only negative I would say about the room itself was that the A/C unit was very noisy as those types of units usually are. Not a big deal but had to continually change the volume on the TV as it came on and off.

The distance from the amphitheater was very walk-able. I was a little concerned when I first booked this room but the walk didn't seem far at all. There is a sidewalk on the same side of the street as the hotel which can be used to walk to the fairground main entrance and paved roads between the parking rows you can walk on to the front entrance of the amphitheater. There is no pedestrian walkway to the other side of the street but we didn't have any problems getting across. Overall, I'd say the walk was a little more than 10 minutes to get to the amphitheater entrance. Extra bonus was that there was a 5 Guys Burger and Fries directly across from the fairgrounds entrance. Yum!!!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would probably suggest staying away from rooms next to the ice maker.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, hotel room is spacecious, however unfortunately also noisy.. After turning off the airco and the fridge, we could here our neighbours and the elevator, which was next to our room. The complementairy breakfast was as expected. We enjoyed the complementairy taxi which we used to get to the Hardrock casino.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Auburndale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. The room was extremely spacious. We did have a handicap room for some reason so I'm not sure how or if it differs from the others. Everything was nice and clean. The bed was soft and comfortable. They do have a free shuttle service to and from the casino which is a huge plus! The location is perfect. It is right off of I4 and very close to shopping, dining and, ofcourse, the casino. The breakfast was acceptable considering it is free. The coffee was awesome! We did not use the pool or the fitness center which is odd for us. But we will definitely be returning in the future.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our fourth stay here. Every time I am amazed by the cleanliness of this hotel. It is sparkling! The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is incomparable. The shuttle offers a convenient hop to the casino. Breakfast was delicious and offered varied items.
My husband and I will always stay here while in the Tampa area.

Many kudos!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here on our vacation to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The pool was nice and clean. Hardly anyone swam in it, so we had it to ourselves most of the time. There were towels out by the pool for guests. I thought that was very nice. There was a pond right next to the hotel. We enjoyed watching the wildlife that came to the pond. I don't like to spend a lot of money. This motel came with a package deal with Busch Gardens. It was one of the best deals up there. The hotel was very quiet, even when all the rooms were filled up. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good every morning. We mostly ate the eggs and bacon or sausage. It was fresh and warm. There were other options available: oat meal, waffles, cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. The shuttle drivers were very nice. They took us to the parks everyday. The staff was very friendly. On our last day there, our girls wanted to keep the room keys as souvenirs. The girl at the front desk gave them some extra keys they could take home to play with. She also gave me some free samples of makeup and shampoo. This really was the best experience I've ever had at a motel. They go above and beyond here. That is so nice to see these days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff went out of their way to accommodate our very early arrival, 10:00 am. Made us feel that we didn't put them out. Room was very nice and comfortable and convientent location. Breakfast was good. We used the drop off service for the cruise terminal and left our car at the hotel. Saved us a parking fee and we felt our car was more secure. Will stay here again when in Tampa.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!