“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ormond Beach, Florida
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

very new and nicely decorated, there are 4 hotels directly across from the fairgrounds, all priced in the same ballpark. After calling around the The Comfort Suites seemed to offer the most bang for the buck and I wasn't disappointed. Hourly shuttles until 3 am to the casino, very nicely decorated and pretty clean. I did drop the soap out of the shower and it had some black hair on it when I picked it up (my daughter and I are both naturally blond) but the room was clean and smelled nice. No ATM on the property, but every member of the staff I met in the lobby / breakfast area was superb. plenty of pillows, nice fridge and microwave. the old style ac/heat unit (it was a new unit) was controlled by an in room thermostat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you ‘Lets_go_386’ for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you choose our hotel and that you were pleased with your accommodations. We do offer more “bang for the buck” compared to our competitors. We’re an all suites hotel with and offer many amenities including a shuttle to the casino.
I would like to apologize for incident in the shower. But I would also like to know which room you were in so we can address the problem correctly. I would like to hear from you. You can contact me directly at 813-868-7770.
We appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope to see you again when coming back to Tampa.

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in one night in early May. The hotel grounds, lobby, and rooms were one of the most cleaniest we have ever experience. The staff was so kind and helpful throughout our entire stay. A another great plus is their free hotel shuttle to and from the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa, which is only a couple of miles away. If anyone is looking for a hotel to stay at in this area, this is by far the place!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks ‘Todd K’ for this great review of your recent stay with us. We love it when guest are satisfied with their stay and they share it with the world. Our team takes pride knowing that they’re offering the cleanest room around and great customer service. We would like to thank you for your review and we look forward to accommodating you when you come back to Tampa! See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We had outstanding service Irma and all the girls that worked in the food area and Bridget our maid,house keeping have been very helpful because I have mobility problems they just jumped right in and offered to help me out when I was struggling with out me asking. This is an over all awesome place to stay.I would recommend comfort suits Tampa fairgrounds to all my friends as a place to stay when going to Tampa

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you ‘Snowbunny418’ for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that our staff has helped a guest in a time of need. Knowing that they are providing great customer service is priceless. We have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again when you come back to Tampa.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed one night on trip back from week in SRQ. First room smelled terrible to point it made our eyes water. Front desk indicated "they are trying new cleaning chemicals". Toilet kept filling, then stopping, maintenance looked at it and did nothing. Air stopped working in middle of the night, gave us a different room. Zero sympathy and NO refund of any type for an UNUSABLE room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you ‘Kirk H’ for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I would first like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. I noticed that you stayed with us back in November 2012 and we have improved a lot from then, from feedback like yours. Our staff did exactly what they’re trained to do in situations like yours, move you into another room. I would like to hear from you directly, you can contact me at 813-868-7770.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope you stay with us again for a better experience.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I want to thank Jahaira, Maria, & Tony for excellent customer service!! Clean rooms, friendly service, and great shuttle services.

I stayed 8 weeks because of them. Great breakfast in the morning and always smiling faces. I will be staying here every time I visit Tampa. I also enjoyed the sizes of the rooms and bed linens were always clean.

Room Tip: Room 217!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I want to thank Jahaira & Tony for excellent customer service. You guys made my stay enjoyable. Very clean hotel. Rooms are remodeled and relaxing. The staff really goes the extra mile for guests. Management should be proud

• Stayed April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were booked at the Hard Rock on April 18th and decided to go into town the day before but didn't want to pay $350. The Comfort Suites was an excellent substitute. The lobby was clean and welcoming. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel appeared new, was very clean and the colors scheme was very tropical with oranges and aquas. The room was large and comfortable with a nice sitting area, big bathroom with thick, fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. We had a room directly next to the elevator and never heard a sound.

The hotel was less then two miles from the Hard Rock and we took the complimentary hotel shuttle. The driver was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. We were told they would also take us to Busch Gardens, Walgreen's and several local restaurants and although we didn't need a ride, it was nice to have if we had needed it. The complimentary breakfast was the Comfort Suites norm, Eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, cereal, pasties. Okay for free. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle if you go to the casino. You will be dropped off at front door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!