“Stay elsewhere, poor management” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Stay elsewhere, poor management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed one night on trip back from week in SRQ. First room smelled terrible to point it made our eyes water. Front desk indicated "they are trying new cleaning chemicals". Toilet kept filling, then stopping, maintenance looked at it and did nothing. Air stopped working in middle of the night, gave us a different room. Zero sympathy and NO refund of any type for an UNUSABLE room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you ‘Kirk H’ for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I would first like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. I noticed that you stayed with us back in November 2012 and we have improved a lot from then, from feedback like yours. Our staff did exactly what they’re trained to do in situations like yours, move you into another room. I would like to hear from you directly, you can contact me at 813-868-7770.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope you stay with us again for a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I want to thank Jahaira, Maria, & Tony for excellent customer service!! Clean rooms, friendly service, and great shuttle services.

I stayed 8 weeks because of them. Great breakfast in the morning and always smiling faces. I will be staying here every time I visit Tampa. I also enjoyed the sizes of the rooms and bed linens were always clean.

Room Tip: Room 217!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I want to thank Jahaira & Tony for excellent customer service. You guys made my stay enjoyable. Very clean hotel. Rooms are remodeled and relaxing. The staff really goes the extra mile for guests. Management should be proud

• Stayed April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were booked at the Hard Rock on April 18th and decided to go into town the day before but didn't want to pay $350. The Comfort Suites was an excellent substitute. The lobby was clean and welcoming. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel appeared new, was very clean and the colors scheme was very tropical with oranges and aquas. The room was large and comfortable with a nice sitting area, big bathroom with thick, fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. We had a room directly next to the elevator and never heard a sound.

The hotel was less then two miles from the Hard Rock and we took the complimentary hotel shuttle. The driver was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. We were told they would also take us to Busch Gardens, Walgreen's and several local restaurants and although we didn't need a ride, it was nice to have if we had needed it. The complimentary breakfast was the Comfort Suites norm, Eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, cereal, pasties. Okay for free. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle if you go to the casino. You will be dropped off at front door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed just one night over our spring break college tour, where we stayed in 6 Choice Hotels over a week. This was by far the very best one. It's decorated beautifully (bright colors), is very clean, and the staff is so helpful and pleasant! Even the free breakfast was excellent. I would absolutely stay here again if I'm ever in the Tampa area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel is close to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and is close to different Interstates.

That the pros, the cons are those when you get in touch with the staff.

Check-In was very cold, I could have listened to a tape either.

We've been staying 4 nights and our room wasn't cleaned once.
Even though I demanded a linen change they weren't replaced.

I went to the desk and I was told to write down my room and the
problems with the housekeeping, right now no one would be there to help me.
After I wrote down the problems, I was sure it wasn't worth the paper and the time it took.

Room wasn't cleaned an linens weren't changed until we departed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ortonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute for 4 nights during Spring Break 2013, as my father-in-law had unexpectedly become very ill and was hospitalized in Florida. This is a great value in the Tampa area for the money! Staff were very friendly and helpful in suggesting and finding restaurants in the Tampa area. Location very good for getting to expressways, and though a little off the beaten path of all the other hotels, this actually had its advantages. Hotel was quiet at night, and restaurants were not as busy as you would expect during this time. Breakfast was above average and included with room. Beds were comfortable, but seemed a little small for queens. Nice pool area, but small and no hot tub. Water temp was a little cold for my liking. Nice bathroom and good shower with good water pressure, however a negative was that there was only one switch that controlled both the bathroom light and fan, making it noisy to leave the light on at night to see to get around the room .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family