“Excellent Hotel and Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Hotel and Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was by far one of the best stays in a hotel I have had. The young lady at the front desk was very sweet and helpful, we returned to the property from dinner at about 10 pm and asked if they had any hot chocolate and the young lady went and got us some. We stayed here because of it being close to the hard rock casino and will definetly stay here again room was very clean and comfortable. I can not reccomend this hotel enough. A++++ This was a very memorable Thanksgiving

Room Tip: they have complementary breakfast though I did not make it downstairs for it our other guests went a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you ‘tazmonkey1999’ for this great review!
We are very pleased to hear that this stay “was by far one of the best stays in a hotel you have had.”
Our staff is here to provide the best possible and it looks like they are doing just that!
We are glad that you spent Thanksgiving with us and allowed us to make it a memorable one! We appreciate your business and feedback and we hope to see you again when you’re visiting the Tampa Bay area!
See you soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Hallandale Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is excellent in all aspects. The people are very friendly, the food is great, the place is very clean, the rooms are huge and very comfortable. They have a shuttle that will take you to the casino. We were very relaxed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you 'Lydianna' for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor.
We are so glad that you thought our hotel is "excellent in all aspects!" We strive to provide the best services and this really shows we're doing an excellent job!
We appreciate your review and feedback, and look forward to accommodating you on your next exciting visit to the Tampa Bay area.
See you soon!
Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were only in town for one night after spending the day at Busch Gardens. Hector(?) at check in was very friendly and informative. He explained the casino shuttle which we made quick use of. Our room was nice and clean and we enjoyed the colorful decor. In the morning we had the free breakfast which was great-even included eggs, sausage, waffles,...what a great variety. I am not familiar with this area so I am not sure if it is in an ideal location but we had a GPS and found everything we wanted to do no problem. I would say Busch Gardens was about a 10 minute drive. We did have some strange plumbing issues as others have mentioned but nothing that affected our stay. Beds were very comfy too-would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'Cristy K' for taking the time to write a great review of your recent stay!
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our amenities and services. We apologize for any plumbing issues you might have had during your stay. All plumbing issues have been resolved so we can assure you that you will not have these problems again.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again when you’re visiting the Tampa Bay area.
See you soon!
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds Casino and I have nothing but great things to say. It is everything you hope to see in your "home away from home": friendly staff, well lit parking lot, just off the highway, very clean guest room and bathroom, fitness center, business center and it looks so modern! Angela White was the front desk agent when I checked in and checked out. She went out of her way to help me with my meeting space and to ensure I had nothing but an excellent stay. She always had a smile even though I had to request more seats for the meeting space.

I dont say this very often, but I highly recommend this hotel! It is an award winning property for a reason.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with any of the rooms. Amazing and cean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you 'Chris L' for this wonderful review of your recent stay!
We are very pleased to hear that you see us as your "home away from home!'
Our staff here at the Comfort Suites appreciates your feedback and works hard to keep each and every guest satisfied, we will be sure to share your kind words with them!
We appreciate your business and we look forward to accommodating you on your next exciting visit to the Tampa Bay area! See you soon!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

If it wasn't for the problem we had and the way staff addressed it, then we would have given a higher than average rating. The place is clean, there were plenty of accessories, pillows, etc., and the staff were courteous. This is a great place to stay if you are attending the amphitheatre or going to the casino. 10 min walk to the fairgrounds and 10 min drive to the casino.

We got to our room and unpacked. One of us noticed the toilet seat felt warm and actually got too warm when one was seated. Not knowing the cause and alarmed that this could be a safety hazard I called the front desk to inquire about it. They did not seem to know what we were talking about and asked if we wanted to move to another room. Well, we'd already unpacked and the problem seemed minor so the vote was no, but we'd like to be assured there was no safety hazard. They said they'd send someone to check it, but I knew as soon as they said it that no one would show up as they were just trying to appease me and I was correct about that. I did check the tub and the water worked fine (or so I thought).

We were not in the room much, but realized afterwards that the toilet was filling up with hot water instead of cold. You didn't want to sit there for very long unless you first allowed some time for the last flush to cool down. The water was so hot that the steam condensed on the open lid. It was when we returned to the room about 2am that we realized the problem was a big one. Turns out the water in the tub and in the sink would go from very hot to cold and back to hot all by itself; only one of us dared to take that on. On checkout, staff were notified of all this.

We paid $155 for this room and no discount was offered for our troubles. Yes, yes, yes, I know we could have repacked and moved to another room, and it was our choice to stay, but Really! So beware of Room 314 (or anything nearby for that matter), unless of course, you would like the ultimate experience in toilet seat warmth.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 314 until the water problem is fixed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you ‘Gator0’ for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the hot water issue you experienced in the room. Your feedback is very important to us and I will address this issue with our Chief Engineer so he can find and fix the problem.

Our number one priority is to assure that our guest have a great experience while staying with us. While reading your review, it appears that you were offered to switch rooms so you wouldn’t have to deal with this problem all night. Our staff did follow procedures as instructed when issues like these occur.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly (813) 868-7770, I would be very happy to speak with you further in regards to the aspects of your stay.

Jeff Morgan
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Suites Hotel. The rooms were very neat and clean, and the staff were very professional and friendly. The pool area was very serene and I truly enjoyed the outdoors. A hot breakfast was served each day along with various other breakfast items. The overall ambience was very good. Even room service and outside delivery was done very quickly. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to the Tampa area visiting the Hard Rock casino. The hotel even offers a free shuttle to and from the casino as well. It is definitely a good hotel and the casino is just a mile away. The hotel is also immediately across the way from the Tampa fairgrounds. I would stay here again on my next visit to the Tampa area and highly recommend it to anyone visiting that location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you 'Brenda L' for taking the time to write this amazing review of your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback to see how we're doing and it seems that we're doing an excellent job. We strive to offer the best service possible from our suites to the free shuttle to the Hard Rock casino nearby.
It is great to here that you enjoyed all of our amenities we provide to our guest.
The staff of the Comfort Suites will like to thank you and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Tampa Bay area. See you soon!
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This trip was made much better due to the care and concern of the staff on the front desk at my checkin. Due to my mistake, I booked the wrong Address and wanted to change. The curtious person Jahaira helped me greatly to make this happen and I was very Thankful.
This property is a great place to stay and has a wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'Terry J' for writing this wonderful review of your recent experience at our hotel. It is great to hear that our staff is providing great customer service that will make any stay worry free!
We strive to provide the best service possible from the moment you check in until you leave.
The staff of the Comfort Suites will like to thank you and we hope to see you again when visiting the Tampa Bay area! See you soon!

Been to Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!