“Awesome Hotel Near Hard Rock Casino” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Awesome Hotel Near Hard Rock Casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Suites Hotel. The rooms were very neat and clean, and the staff were very professional and friendly. The pool area was very serene and I truly enjoyed the outdoors. A hot breakfast was served each day along with various other breakfast items. The overall ambience was very good. Even room service and outside delivery was done very quickly. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to the Tampa area visiting the Hard Rock casino. The hotel even offers a free shuttle to and from the casino as well. It is definitely a good hotel and the casino is just a mile away. The hotel is also immediately across the way from the Tampa fairgrounds. I would stay here again on my next visit to the Tampa area and highly recommend it to anyone visiting that location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you 'Brenda L' for taking the time to write this amazing review of your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback to see how we're doing and it seems that we're doing an excellent job. We strive to offer the best service possible from our suites to the free shuttle to the Hard Rock casino nearby.
It is great to here that you enjoyed all of our amenities we provide to our guest.
The staff of the Comfort Suites will like to thank you and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Tampa Bay area. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This trip was made much better due to the care and concern of the staff on the front desk at my checkin. Due to my mistake, I booked the wrong Address and wanted to change. The curtious person Jahaira helped me greatly to make this happen and I was very Thankful.
This property is a great place to stay and has a wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'Terry J' for writing this wonderful review of your recent experience at our hotel. It is great to hear that our staff is providing great customer service that will make any stay worry free!
We strive to provide the best service possible from the moment you check in until you leave.
The staff of the Comfort Suites will like to thank you and we hope to see you again when visiting the Tampa Bay area! See you soon!
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's inexpensive, offers a 'light' breakfast, and free shuttles to the Casino up until 10 pm or so...highly recommend this hotel! I had a friend staying at Hard Rock for over $250 a night while I stayed here for less than a hundred bucks! This hotel is within minutes of Hard Rock Casino as well as many other local amenities...if you are visiting Tampa and want to head over to the casino a few times, save your money for the slots (very good payouts at Hard Rock!) and stay at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you 'tlclark34' for this great review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and guidance for future guest.
Our hotel IS conveniently located within a couple miles from the Hard Rock Tampa and we offer FREE shuttle service to our guest, to and from the casino. Our guests also receive a complimentary hot deluxe breakfast which one can enjoy a variety of foods and drinks.
It was a pleasure to be able to serve you and we hope that we will be able to be of service to you again in the near future. See you soon!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Clean place, nice quick breakfast and very comfortable beds! I stayed in a King Suite which was spacious, neat and fresh. The room had a nice desk and adequate work space with connections for cell phone chargers and laptops conveniently located in a pod on top of the desk. No need to search for plugs below the desk. The bed was more comfortable than I expected for a mid-range hotel and the decor was pleasant and soothing. The only drawback that I experienced was the noisy air conditioning system. I was with a group and others made the same statement - nice place but each time the system came on it was a bit loud. The staff was very accomodating and very respectful. This hotel is approximately 1.2 miles from the Hard Rock Casino and the complimentary shuttle runs every hour until mid-night weekdays and until 3 am on weekends.
I will definitely stay at this location again!

Room Tip: I love the fact that this suite was a non-smoking room. There is a small sign in the room that advis...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you 'Kay H' for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel while a guest with us. We are very proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Reviews like yours really mean a lot to us and they let us know how we're doing.
We are saddened to hear about the A/C noise problem you had and appreciate your feedback. I'll address this problem with our Chief Maintenance Engineer so he can identify and fix the problem.
The staff at the Comfort Suites would like to thank you for this review and we hope to see you again in the near future. See you soon!
Guyton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We Had a wonderful stay. Hotel staff was very helpful with one problem we had and addressed issue right away. We had two rooms which I had asked for adjoining rooms on my reservation considering we were traveling with my children, when we checked i I was told this was not available. Glad I have teenagers. Otherwise all was fine. We stayed three nights while visiting family and enjoying Bush Gardens. Only minutes from my mother so she was very happy also. Will be our hotel of choice when visiting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you 'carylyn77' for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you "Had a wonderful stay!"
The staff, here at the Comfort Suites, is here to help immediately when a problem occurs. We do apologize about being unable to get you into adjoining rooms. But we try to accommodate our guest as best as possible, or in your case, get you a couple rooms as close as possible.
We appreciate your feedback on your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future when visiting family or Busch Gardens. See you soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for 9 days for a business trip recently with a large number of my colleagues. Don't know the rate paid, but I suspect it was quite low, and so probably for value this hotel is not bad. There is a free breakfast, but don't expect Embassy Suites quality- think EggMcMuffin style egg patties, some bacon or Sausage McMuffin patties, a do-it-yourself waffle machine, and some fruit and bread options with a toaster. Sort of a no-frills but not just a continental breakfast kind of thing. Wifi was so slow at times when people were using it it was essentially useless. Only time I had any luck with it was early in the AM or late at night. Watching a video (8:00 video for work) took over 30 minutes to load. My major issue was that, but also the gym. The gym has one weight machine, and the pin is missing from the weight stack on the right side, so the machine is basically useless. Also, on the first day I was there, the elliptical was unplugged and so didn't work. That meant that 2 of the 4 things in the weight room weren't able to be used. During a rainstorm, water was pouring into the gym, so it was closed, but the next day water was still leaking out from below the weight machine when I went in in the late morning. Also, all week tiny ants were crawling around the ground- not exactly what you when you're down there doing pushups. Lastly, during checkout, received late checkout but found every single one of my colleagues who got this had their keys de-activated anyway. Also, one of my colleagues who did get late checkout walked into his room during this late checkout time to find the maid sorting through his belongings and throwing them in the garbage. Clearly, she didn't get the message.

I don't think any of this is nitpicking, but if you're just staying here for a night at the casino, most of it won't be relevant to you. I had to live in the hotel for over a week, so I got to see much more than most travelers. Overall, the hotel seemed clean, the maids did a good job, and it was an average if unspectacular hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you ptgt20 for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Good or bad we are always happy to learn from our guests on ways to improve our services. We appreciate your comparison to the Embassy Suites and you are correct that we are different hotels.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about the challenges with our fitness center. We do maintain our fitness center daily and have staff here 24 hours to assist in any way -whether it be location of the weight pin or simply explaining the elliptical is self powered as you peddle.

We do our very best to accommodate our guests needs and take every precaution for safety during severe weather such as the effects of Hurricane Isaac. However, we do not have control over the weather and power outages caused by heavy winds and rains as we experienced. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly, I would be very happy to speak with you further in regards to the aspects of your stay.

Jeff Morgan
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to us when we had to switch locations. Among Conmfort Suites,it's one of the best. The property has a very new feel to it and the amenities are well arranged and well thought out. Spotless rooms, great decor everywhere. Manager Hector was a great help with our special requests. The hotel is 13 miles from the airport, but close enough to the freeway that it was quick to get to.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'J h' for this great review. We are proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Tampa.
Our hotel is just over 2 years old so we it keep it in tip-top shape so all of our guest can experience the fresh "new" feeling stay after stay. And with our hotel centrally located, our staff will help you will find a quick and easy route to your destination by hopping on one of the many main highways in Tampa.
Again, thank you and we hope to see you again when visiting the Tampa Bay area!

Been to Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!