“Great Place but be Keen” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 205 things to do in Tampa
Activities: Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: For people just discovering the joys of off-road biking, this park offers marked and unmarked trails for the beginner.
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Great Place but be Keen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

First off the park is great and I have a blast mountain biking these trails, always spot armadillos black racers, florida brown snakes and various other harmless things. Fun trails to get good cardio in and have a great experience.

Pat C. is absolutely right though, Watch out! Today was my first encounter with a baby cottonmouth and it was frightening. It was on the Indian Trail for those that know the park near the little mud holes in the middle of the trail. I rode through the mud and on the trail in front of me was a baby cottonmouth with nowhere for me or it to go and it struck right at me hissing and what not, but I was able to avoid it barely and I mean barely without falling over plop onto it.

You're in the woods just be keen and always have the ranger's number or 911 handy.

Visited April 2013

Geel, Belgium
16 attraction reviews
“beautifull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you visit this park, certainly visit the shorter boardwalk. Here we saw lots of wildlife: gators, turtles, squirrels and lots of birds. Second boardwalk is somewhat longer, but also here you can see some wildlife. Both of them were nice and kept really clean

Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Beware of the Cotton Mouth Snakes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We took our puppy for a walk on the trails, they were nice, lots of people when we got up to the old railroad trail, baby cotton mouth snakes went for my leg, I was not in his space, my puppy took the hit. My husband took a picture of it and pushed it off the path in fear of the toddlers behind us with there parents. There was no signal on our phone, we had to walk about 2 miles to get to the parking lot and race to the blue pearl emergency pet hospital on Bush Blvd, where they took our puppy and started treatement. This park needs to have signs Beware of the baby cotton mouth moccasins. There also needs to be an emergency number or box. We were thankful that our grandson wasn't with us this time. We called the county and they said Sorry, hope your dog gets better... Please be aware this time of the year of snakes....we are campers for over 50 years....we know what to do. We normally stay and visit state parks, where there is a ranger or someone available for emergencies. BE CAREFUL this happen on March 31, 2013..

Visited March 2013
Zephyrhills, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been there several times and enjoy walking on trails or walkabouts. Always hoping to see birds or squirrels. Also enjoy the river walk hoping to see alligators and fish.

Gilbert, AZ
70 attraction reviews
“Nice place to go for a short stroll”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Out for a day trip, and saw this on trip advisor so we went and strolled around for 30 minutes. Lots of turtles. Elevated planked walking paths that take you around the park.

Visited November 2012