“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Ft. Lauderdale
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Blake, the person on the desk, was great. He facilitatted our check-in and recommended a fabulous BBQ place one block away. Good job Blake, a good place to stay.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Omro, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

My first two nights were spent in a king-bed room. It had a microwave, mini fridge and flat screen tv. Very cozy and quite. Good variety of channels. Bring an aux cable for your ipod and plug it right into your alarm clock in the room. Pantene shampoo and conditioner. Name brand lotion, hairdryer on the wall.
The rest of my stay was in a king suite with a pull out couch bed. This room was bigger and nicer. The bathroom was awkward and very small compared to my first room. Other than that it was a perfect room with plenty of extra blankets and pillows, two flat screen tv's with built in dvd players.
The breakfast was much smaller than I had pictured but much larger than a typical continental style breakfast. The breakfast room was cozy and friendly feeling. I had all pleasant experiences with the staff aside from one hilarious mix up with a front desk guy that couldn't understand me because of my accent!
Overall I would rate my stay as excellent, I would rate the hotel as excellent and I would certainly stay here again. The price was more than I generally spend on a hotel but as a solo female traveler I didn't want to stay in bad area, I felt completely safe the whole time and will most likely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Taylors, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This was a wonderful hotel! i enjoyed staying at it. if a problem came up they took care of it immediately! The staff was awesome! The only problem that i had was that when you got out of the bathtub there was no bathmat to stand on inside the tub and when you went to get it you slide a littlebit, but there was a grab bar on the side to grab onto but the bathmat would have been nice to still keep you from sliding a little before you finished stepping out of the tub!
Breakfast was always great! having a computer at your disposale was great! You also had apool and spa available as well as laundry services and fitness center.

Los Angeles area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

This hotel is located in sort of an industrial park-kind of neighborhood, so there's nothing much immediately adjacent. But a quick drive will take you to everything you need. Plus, we found its location convenient to everything we wanted to do in Tampa, including being just minutes away from the airport. The room was very comfortable, new-looking and very clean. The included breakfast was adequate. I wished it was available later than the 9:30 a.m. deadline, but that's probably because I wasn't adjusted to the local time zone. Our room had everything we needed. And even though the hotel was directly in the airport's flight path, we never heard a sound in our room. Staff was efficient and accommodating. A good place for a good night's sleep.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

One of the clients chose this hotel, so we all stayed there for 1 night in August, 2010. It was new, room was clean and comfortable, thermostat and A/C worked well (a definite plus in the heat and humidity of a Florida August!), and the free breakfast buffet was good. Since the room was under $70, I think it represented good value.
One tip- There is an auto shop right behind the hotel, and one of the guys had a room on the ground floor close to it. He was kept awake until late because of work being done at the shop, and the view from his window was of a wall. By contrast my room was on the front of the hotel and was wonderfully quiet, so I think you may prefer a higher floor in the front.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Great stay at this hotel, arrived a little early no problem in checking in. Breakfast was Hot and Good !!! Room was clean and fresh smelling. Plus the added benefit of Jazzy's BBQ across the street. The BEST !!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

When we pulled upto the hotel, it had just been robbed. We hesitated to go in because of the two squad cars. We also noticed the airplane passing over every five minutes (it's in the middle of the flight pattern). When we checked in they assigned room 201, which hadn't had maid service and there were beer bottles.

HOWEVER - the staff was very nice and courteous... We inquired about the robbery, and the planes. Turns out the robbery was a fluke thing (no gun), and the building is soundproof so the planes never bothered us at all for our two night stay. The room thing was just an honest mistake (it was late when we checked in). So, the hotel was very clean, and the complimentary breakfast was A+ (eggs, sausage, waffles, and goof (drink choices). I would recommend to anyone & stay again myself.

In the end, we all laughed about how it all started off on the wrong foot. :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N? Share your experiences!