You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, FL to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, FL
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8109 Benjamin Road, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Ranked #49 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hollywood, Maryland
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Was easy to find, very clean and well kept. Bathroom had an excellent shower! We couldn't get the heat/air conditioner to work, but the staff was quick to help us. Very pleasant staff. We'll be keeping this hotel on our good list.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Arvind P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, FL, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant experience. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

When we arrived at the Country Inn & Suite Tampa North, it was about 4 PM on a Tuesday. There were two people in line, the phones were ringing off the hook and there was only one person working - I assume the owner. The person at the desk kept answering the phone instead of helping the people standing in line and I watched one man leave, and as I stood there the other man that was in line kept asking the clerk to stop answering the phone and please check him in to his room. This was my introduction to the place.

The room was ok. It wasn't as tidy as I would have liked. The mattress pad on the bed was bunched up under the sheets instead of being pulled across the mattress and I could see someone's black hair under the fitted sheet. Yuck! The carpets could have been cleaner. Also the tile in the bathtub was missing grout in quite a few places. That can't be good for moisture control.

We chose this hotel due to it's location near the airport. The price was right. The breakfast was sufficient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gwendysuethurman, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, FL, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn and Suites Tampa Airport. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Seward, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed two nights with kids, and the rooms were great. Everything was new and clean, staff is nice, just watch out for the cereal dispensers, they're high-speed. Our only complaint was the pool, we came because it was heated, but then were told the manager decided to heat it sometimes and not other, and I guess we picked a down time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn and Suites Tampa Airport and THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review.
Dallas, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, Tampa, Florida for 1 night before a cruise, and 1 night before flying home. They have a complimentary shuttle service from the airport - we were really glad we had the shuttle since not much was easy access to the airport. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great - delicious and a nice selection. When we checked in the night before we flew home, the lady at the desk asked if we knew they had a complimentary breakfast - we said yes we did and we enjoyed it before we left on our cruise, but the shuttle was picking us up at 4 am so it was before they're breakfast started. She said she'd order us a "to go" breakfast! The next morning at 4 am there were sacks with a bottle of water, banana, tangerine, apple, 2 blueberry muffins and a granola bar! The lady that was working in the morning had just made fresh coffee. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn and Suites. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again at the Country In and Suites Tampa Airport.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I made a quick trip to Tampa to meet up with some old high school buddies who were leaving on a cruise. I wasn't willing to pay what they were paying so I came to my trusty tripadvisor and picked this one.
I did have a few concerns as I pulled in and watched a plane fly right overhead. Oh well it was only one night. I could deal with it. I worried for nothing. I heard no outside noises once inside.
Now...I would suggest that you get your evening and/or noon meal before you get there. The only places I saw within walking distance was a WAWA and an Arby's. Plenty of places a couple of miles away but not good to walk to.
The free breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, sausage buscuits and gravy, the wonderful waffle cooker with the normal cereal and carbs.
The rooms were large and clean.
And the BEST part....there were fresh cookies at the front desk.
I would not hesitate to stay there again.

This being said....I would stay there for the convenience of the airport....not the cruise terminals.....it's about 20 minutes to the port and the cab would cost you about $40.

Room Tip: I had a 2nd floor mid hotel. Very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
gwendysuethurman, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, FL, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn and Suites Tampa Airport. We are so please you enjoyed your stay and Thank You for your comments.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a quick meeting in Tampa and it has been updated well. Room appointments were good. Plenty of space and well kept. I didn't have an opportunity to catch the breakfast, but it looked and smelled good when I went by there! I will stay at this location again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn and Suites Tampa Airport. We re pleased you enjoyed our renovations. .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We needed a hotel overnight to get on the plane the next morning and this was perfect for that! Staff was extremely nice and willing to work with us. Even worked with our friends and got us aide by side rooms and matched our rate even though they walked in without reservations. Super clean and comfy beds! Exceeded my clean standards. Highly recommend!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, FL? Share your experiences!