“Special Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8109 Benjamin Road, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Metairie, Louisiana
“Special Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn because we've always had excellent service and comfy,clean rooms. This particular hotel's manager, Mrs. Soraya, made our Tampa trip even extra special. She recommended places to experience in the area, including the Greek Village, which we did visit and enjoy. More significant was the fact that my 10 year old daugher mentioned that it was her birthday. Mrs. Soraya was very excited for her and told her happy birthday. She even asked our room number. That night when we arrived to our surprise was two beautiful balloons, a precious stuffed animal, and a personalized bday card to my daughter. What an awesome way to top off our night! It's the little things in life that mean so much! Thank you Ms. Soraya for making our trip one we will NEVER ever forget! You completed our stay and our trip at the Country Inn was over the top! The pool was excellent as well. Great little waterfall in a super clean pool and hot tub worked! BOY we hit the jackpot!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

When we first arrived, after driving over 3 hours with our two children, we finally to the Country Inn and Suites and went to check in, Sheri was at the front desk at that point, we discovered that the reservation we had made through the 1800 national number was not correct (we wanted a suite, and they set us up with a regular room). We then called the national number and they were rude! Sheri saved the day and allowed us to stay for our two nights at the rate we had been quoted. The room was perfect for our needs and the kids LOVED free cookies at night We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sasha0072013, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review & the kind words about Sheri our front desk clerk, she had been informed of your great review, and is very happy about the recognition. We hope to see you soon, we will have your Hot freshly made cookies ready.

Soraya Fernandez
Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

we chose this hotel based on the reviews that were online concerning the comfort of the beds and the overall reviews of the hotel. We pulled up to the parking lot and I thought okay this is a nice hotel. It kind of reminds me of the Comfort Inn and Suites from the outside. And we went in and the staff were really nice. As you go up stairs after checking in the upper hallway area is not cool there for the air there is hotter. I have never experienced that in a hotel where the whole hotel was not air conditioned. The bed covers or the comforters were very lumpy. The carpets needed cleaning. Though they weren't terrible. my husband in particular really was disappointed overall in the reviews and in the room. And he doesn't complain about much. The rooms were smaller than the Comfort Inn and Suites. The beds were comfortable though I think that they should have been a little bit bigger. The bathrooms seem to be pretty nice that was the part I was impressed with the most. With the exception that there were five of us including my 7 year old daughter. And there was only bathroom towel service for 2 people. there is only one place to put a suitcase and that's an extremely small closet that does not accommodate larger suitcases. When we went down for breakfast the next morning. I got my daughter set up and went to make my waffle. My waffle was finished and I went to get a plate and there were no plates all the ceramic plates were in the dishwasher. I had to ask for a plate just so I could get my waffle out of the waffle iron. Then the apple juice in the dispenser was extremely watered down to the point that it didn't hardly taste like apple juice and the same was with the orange juice. The breakfast area is extremely small. There were people trying to have business meetings in there and we were actually asked by some of those business people if we wouldn't mind movie to another table so they could combine tables for their meeting. A hotel this large really should have better breakfast service so that you don't have to ask for things and also a much bigger breakfast area to accommodate the business people and the vacationers. the location of the hotel is a mile or two away from any services like restaurants gas stations that kind of thing. It's kind of out of the way. Like I said the staff there was really nice. I slept well but as I said before we didn't feel like the reviews reflected our experience. I don't believe that we would ever stay there again. Though it wasn't the worst hotel experience I've ever had. In the future we will be sticking to the Hampton Inn or the Comfort Inn and Suites.

• Stayed September 2012
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, August 8, 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for the Florida Metrocon from July 26 to the 29th. The only problems I had were during check-in. I had travelled with a travel Visa card and was apparently a few cents short of the whole fare (I could have sworn I had the exact amount!) and had to take it out in cash from the ATM. This normally wouldn't have been too much of a problem...but the ATM charges 6.50$ for withdrawals! That is way too much! :/ And the maximum is 300$, meaning that instead of being short 50 cents, I would be almost 10$ short. In my opinion, something silly like that, less than a dollar, should be waived. I had to pay the rest in cash, which was an exact amount for the trip (these conventions aren't exactly cheap). Thankfully, the GM has contacted me and told me that this wouldn't happy again in the future, and that the staff would waive anything under a dollar. Apart from that, the only complaint I have is that the water pressure in my room was underwhelming and the water was spouting off the sides of the shower, making housekeeping's job a little more difficult. And also, there were only cookies on the first day! My boyfriend was sad about that, because they were sooo good. Silly little things, but they do make a trip less than perfect. I was very content with everything else, specially the breakfast, which was wonderful every morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a great time staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Tampa, Florida. Check in was easy and we had a lovely, spacious two queen bed room. It had a refrigerator and microwave which made it easy to bring beverages and make a snack at night. The pool was just what we needed and had a great jacuzzi as well which the kids loved relaxing in.
Breakfast each morning was delicious, and the hot items rotated each morning. One morning it might be bacon, eggs, and potatoes while the next morning was sausage, pancakes, and white gravy. There were always make-your-own waffles and a great assortment of cold items like fruit, cereal, and delicious pastries.
I loved having hot coffee available 24/7. If I woke up early, the different coffee varieties were always available.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful front desk person, Joe. He made our stay very enjoyable and was quick to help with whatever we needed. He gave us directions to a place more than an hour away without blinking an eye. He was personable while always making sure our needs were being met.
We can't wait to come back again and stay at this great hotel. Thanks, Joe!

Room Tip: We got a choice when we checked in. We chose the 2nd floor which was wonderful. We were able to ta...
Floirda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had to go to the Airport to drop off a son. So, we know all about crazy Tampa traffic seeing how we live in FL. We left on a Sat to be at the Hotel by 3pm check in. Check in was fast and friendly. Was a very quiet hotel on the inside, no neighbor noise. You do hear the planes as they fly directly over the hotel and to the side of the hotel. But at night I really didn't hear much of anything. Room was nice and cold, you can control your own temperature. We had the one bedroom king suite. Had a fridge, microwave. Two flat panel tv's. Couch opened to a bed, and that sure was comfy! King bed mattress was very comfy too. Oh and the best part was breakfast. On a Sunday morning no less, there was Belgian waffles you could make on your own, scrambled eggs, sausage links, red herbed potatoes, pastries, bagels, toast, yogurt with toppings, 4 kinds of cereal and milk, and juice or cold water. Also had real china plates/bowls, real silverware for the knives and spoons, and real glasses. WOW...That breakfast alone saved our family of 4 $20 bucks at least for a breakfast. Was an easy 10 min drive to the airport. I loved it, kids loved it. Pool was nice, and there was a spa for the grown ups not hot, just bubbles. Can't find anything to complain about at this one. Great Job guys.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently started and ended our vacation flights by staying at this hotel near the Tampa airport.
The shuttle to and from the airport met our needs and was about a 15 minute ride each time (although we were traveling during very early and late hours. The hotel was well priced, clean and comfortable. The desk clerks were all friendly and and helpful. On our departure morning we were able to get breakfast before our very early shuttle departure for the airport. The suggestions that were made regarding our rooms exceeded our expectations. I would recommend this hotel for airport travel accomodations

Room Tip: If you are a Club Carlson member be sure to present your card when checking in.