“Good stay, a few annoyances” 4 of 5 stars

Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8109 Benjamin Road, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good stay, a few annoyances”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for the Florida Metrocon from July 26 to the 29th. The only problems I had were during check-in. I had travelled with a travel Visa card and was apparently a few cents short of the whole fare (I could have sworn I had the exact amount!) and had to take it out in cash from the ATM. This normally wouldn't have been too much of a problem...but the ATM charges 6.50$ for withdrawals! That is way too much! :/ And the maximum is 300$, meaning that instead of being short 50 cents, I would be almost 10$ short. In my opinion, something silly like that, less than a dollar, should be waived. I had to pay the rest in cash, which was an exact amount for the trip (these conventions aren't exactly cheap). Thankfully, the GM has contacted me and told me that this wouldn't happy again in the future, and that the staff would waive anything under a dollar. Apart from that, the only complaint I have is that the water pressure in my room was underwhelming and the water was spouting off the sides of the shower, making housekeeping's job a little more difficult. And also, there were only cookies on the first day! My boyfriend was sad about that, because they were sooo good. Silly little things, but they do make a trip less than perfect. I was very content with everything else, specially the breakfast, which was wonderful every morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a great time staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Tampa, Florida. Check in was easy and we had a lovely, spacious two queen bed room. It had a refrigerator and microwave which made it easy to bring beverages and make a snack at night. The pool was just what we needed and had a great jacuzzi as well which the kids loved relaxing in.
Breakfast each morning was delicious, and the hot items rotated each morning. One morning it might be bacon, eggs, and potatoes while the next morning was sausage, pancakes, and white gravy. There were always make-your-own waffles and a great assortment of cold items like fruit, cereal, and delicious pastries.
I loved having hot coffee available 24/7. If I woke up early, the different coffee varieties were always available.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful front desk person, Joe. He made our stay very enjoyable and was quick to help with whatever we needed. He gave us directions to a place more than an hour away without blinking an eye. He was personable while always making sure our needs were being met.
We can't wait to come back again and stay at this great hotel. Thanks, Joe!

Room Tip: We got a choice when we checked in. We chose the 2nd floor which was wonderful. We were able to ta...
Floirda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had to go to the Airport to drop off a son. So, we know all about crazy Tampa traffic seeing how we live in FL. We left on a Sat to be at the Hotel by 3pm check in. Check in was fast and friendly. Was a very quiet hotel on the inside, no neighbor noise. You do hear the planes as they fly directly over the hotel and to the side of the hotel. But at night I really didn't hear much of anything. Room was nice and cold, you can control your own temperature. We had the one bedroom king suite. Had a fridge, microwave. Two flat panel tv's. Couch opened to a bed, and that sure was comfy! King bed mattress was very comfy too. Oh and the best part was breakfast. On a Sunday morning no less, there was Belgian waffles you could make on your own, scrambled eggs, sausage links, red herbed potatoes, pastries, bagels, toast, yogurt with toppings, 4 kinds of cereal and milk, and juice or cold water. Also had real china plates/bowls, real silverware for the knives and spoons, and real glasses. WOW...That breakfast alone saved our family of 4 $20 bucks at least for a breakfast. Was an easy 10 min drive to the airport. I loved it, kids loved it. Pool was nice, and there was a spa for the grown ups not hot, just bubbles. Can't find anything to complain about at this one. Great Job guys.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently started and ended our vacation flights by staying at this hotel near the Tampa airport.
The shuttle to and from the airport met our needs and was about a 15 minute ride each time (although we were traveling during very early and late hours. The hotel was well priced, clean and comfortable. The desk clerks were all friendly and and helpful. On our departure morning we were able to get breakfast before our very early shuttle departure for the airport. The suggestions that were made regarding our rooms exceeded our expectations. I would recommend this hotel for airport travel accomodations

Room Tip: If you are a Club Carlson member be sure to present your card when checking in.
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Consistently nice. I stay here often on business. Always treat me well. Always clean. Room are comfortable and good size, convenient. I don't generally get breakfast, but it always looks good. Business center is nice feature.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was an absolutely wonderful stay here. The staff was so professional and friendly. They actually exceeded my expectations. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. If you are going on a cruise and arrive a day early and need a hotel that has free airport pickup and only a $10 fee to transport you to the cruise port, this is the place to stay. The complimentary breakfast was okay, not bad but just okay. For the price of the room and the GREAT service and friendly staff, you get a lot for the money here. I would definifitely stay here again. Good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
panama city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn with about 30 family members before a cruise. Some flew in to meet us at the hotel and others drove from different parts of Florida. The hotel has a Park in Cruise rate and you can leave your car at the hotel while you cruise. They have a shuttle for 10.00 each way that takes you to and from the port. This hotel is also conveniently located about 15 min. for the International Mall and 10 min. from the airport. The hotel had a very friendly staff and a nice breakfast. We loved the fact that it had a washer and dryer to wash a few clothes before the cruise. The Lobby and the hot tub were also nice for our family to socialize around. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I sent an e-mail to the hotel before we arrived and my family was all on the same floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ivy-frontdesk, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N? Share your experiences!