“Great Room Nice Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8109 Benjamin Road, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 10%
Ranked #36 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Floirda
“Great Room Nice Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had to go to the Airport to drop off a son. So, we know all about crazy Tampa traffic seeing how we live in FL. We left on a Sat to be at the Hotel by 3pm check in. Check in was fast and friendly. Was a very quiet hotel on the inside, no neighbor noise. You do hear the planes as they fly directly over the hotel and to the side of the hotel. But at night I really didn't hear much of anything. Room was nice and cold, you can control your own temperature. We had the one bedroom king suite. Had a fridge, microwave. Two flat panel tv's. Couch opened to a bed, and that sure was comfy! King bed mattress was very comfy too. Oh and the best part was breakfast. On a Sunday morning no less, there was Belgian waffles you could make on your own, scrambled eggs, sausage links, red herbed potatoes, pastries, bagels, toast, yogurt with toppings, 4 kinds of cereal and milk, and juice or cold water. Also had real china plates/bowls, real silverware for the knives and spoons, and real glasses. WOW...That breakfast alone saved our family of 4 $20 bucks at least for a breakfast. Was an easy 10 min drive to the airport. I loved it, kids loved it. Pool was nice, and there was a spa for the grown ups not hot, just bubbles. Can't find anything to complain about at this one. Great Job guys.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently started and ended our vacation flights by staying at this hotel near the Tampa airport.
The shuttle to and from the airport met our needs and was about a 15 minute ride each time (although we were traveling during very early and late hours. The hotel was well priced, clean and comfortable. The desk clerks were all friendly and and helpful. On our departure morning we were able to get breakfast before our very early shuttle departure for the airport. The suggestions that were made regarding our rooms exceeded our expectations. I would recommend this hotel for airport travel accomodations

Room Tip: If you are a Club Carlson member be sure to present your card when checking in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Consistently nice. I stay here often on business. Always treat me well. Always clean. Room are comfortable and good size, convenient. I don't generally get breakfast, but it always looks good. Business center is nice feature.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was an absolutely wonderful stay here. The staff was so professional and friendly. They actually exceeded my expectations. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. If you are going on a cruise and arrive a day early and need a hotel that has free airport pickup and only a $10 fee to transport you to the cruise port, this is the place to stay. The complimentary breakfast was okay, not bad but just okay. For the price of the room and the GREAT service and friendly staff, you get a lot for the money here. I would definifitely stay here again. Good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Evelyn H
panama city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn with about 30 family members before a cruise. Some flew in to meet us at the hotel and others drove from different parts of Florida. The hotel has a Park in Cruise rate and you can leave your car at the hotel while you cruise. They have a shuttle for 10.00 each way that takes you to and from the port. This hotel is also conveniently located about 15 min. for the International Mall and 10 min. from the airport. The hotel had a very friendly staff and a nice breakfast. We loved the fact that it had a washer and dryer to wash a few clothes before the cruise. The Lobby and the hot tub were also nice for our family to socialize around. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I sent an e-mail to the hotel before we arrived and my family was all on the same floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ivy-frontdesk, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location convenient to Tampa International Airport (10 minutes away). Good complimentary breakfast; seating area a little tight. Only issue involved lavatory water pressure (low) and extreme fluctuations in shower head water temperatures. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review! Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Do you remember your room number? We will need to discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn And Suites standards. Please email me at countryinnfront@gmail.com. Thank you again.
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is obviously ONLY for people who are going to/from Tampa airport. It is in an industrial area near the airport. The hotel itself was updated and clean. Check in was easy and quick. The room was comfortable and updated with granite in bathroom, etc. However, the AC unit gave a weird ringing noise that kept me up half the night. I didn't discover the problem until we were unpacked and my young daughter was fast asleep, otherwise I would have tried another room. I decided to try to live with it, but it was hard. It sounded like I had developed a sudden case of ringing in my ears, but I turned off the AC and it stopped. I had to turn the AC back on because it got hot so quickly. It was 82 degrees in the room when we arrived because the AC was off. When I told the attendant at check out about it he said "yeah, we've been replacing a component of the AC units because of that problem." So, it was a known issue, but they keep booking people in those rooms? However, I should note that my husband and daughter slept through it, so some people may not notice or care.

Room Tip: Chek to make sure the AC is quiet!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
ivy-frontdesk, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability. Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact us at Corporate Customer Care, so we may discuss your accommodations in detail.