“Exceptional service, exceptional value!” 5 of 5 stars

Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8109 Benjamin Road, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Ranked #30 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida, United States
“Exceptional service, exceptional value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Paul Romero, the GM, has always taken exceptional care of me/us. This time, it was a last minute Christmas stay, where he responded personally and quickly to my inquiry. He offered the perfect room for my needs at a discounted rate due to the relationship we have developed over several years. He is almost singularly responsible for me being a repeat customer at a property that's not close to my kids (and my ex) residence. The accommodations and service are so good that I don't care about the distance. Paul is a truly customer-focused individual, worthy of recognition.

The property is very clean, and it’s easy to tell that it’s a relatively new and has been kept well since its opening. With several good restaurants and a Target within walking distance, this place offers nice rooms and a great value at a convenient location.

Strongly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for the Jacuzzi suite,,,

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Manager, Paul Romero: Service far above expectations
Very clean rooms, bathrooms
Excellent hot breakfast
Staff willing to share knowledge of area, and give good advice for dining and transportation.
Excellent central location for airport and cruiseport, and short transportation between both.

Room Tip: All good. Stayed several times, never had an undesirable room. The suite with spa is awesome!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I brought my family here to stay right before the holidays. We decided on our way down from South Carolina that we would stop in Tampa and take the kids to see their grandparents and also take them to Busch Gardens. One of my family members recommended the country inn & suites and said how amazing the customer service is and how well kept the hotel is. My families stay was nothing less than perfect. The general manager, Paul Romero, really went out of his way to make sure my families stay was as good as possible. Not only did he go out of his way for my family i watched him bend over backwards for others staying in the hotel. The rooms are very clean and there is a great continental breakfast in the morning. I will never stay I'm another hotel in Tampa. Paul made our stay very comfortable and my family felt like they were all at home.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good location, average rooms, friendly staff. First thing the guest sees is the elevator & the carpet edges are disgustingly filthy. Either clean it or replace with a hard surface. Breakfast eggs & sausage just barely warm, coffee pot in room, but coffee missing, just barely more than a trickle of water out of the bathroom faucet, light bulbs out, alarm clock set 3 hours off. All small things, but point to a lack of attention to detail. It's an OK place, management just needs to pay a little closer attention.

• Stayed December 2012
PaulRomeroDOS, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank You for the review! We will take what you said and implement it into our process of maintaining the hotel. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me when making your reservation. I will handle all of your hospitality needs personally.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last night, 12/11/12. We had to ring the bell TWICE at check-in to get someone to come sauntering out of "the back somewhere". Her shirttail was hanging out and she looked more like someone in housekeeping than a front desk employee. The room seemed clean, but the bathroom floor could have used a good mopping AND there was dust on the top of the frame around the mirror and the mirror had not been cleaned in a long time. The placement of the faucet on the vanity counter top was such that each time you turned on the water to wash your hands, water got all over the counter top. ALSO there was hardly any water pressure there! The shower curtain had spots all over it and it gave me a creepy feeling. The duvet on the bed also had spots and needed a good washing. The temperature in the room fluctuated and we either froze or burned up during the night. We checked out at 5:58am and the young man who assisted us had on a dirty shirt and of course, the shirt tail was hanging out and my husband said it looked like he had slept in it. (Both check in and check out employees were foreign accents, but hey----clean up your act). The breakfast was not served until 6am and we left; looked like there were some employees already sitting at a table chowing down. WE WOULD NOT STAY AT THIS CI&S again and we usually enjoy this chain. NOTE: This location is off a TOLL ROAD and not that close to the airport as we had thought. There is a Jazzy's BBQ across a 4 lane highway, but nothing else in walking distance. This is one of the only hotels in the Water St/Benjamin Rd. area. You could do much better than this hotel. YUK. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT FACING the expressway!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for the review! As General Manager of the property, it is my job to ensure all guests are satisfied with their stay. We have fixed the water pressure issue by doubling the pressure. We have been getting nothing but compliments so far so I hope next time you are in the area, you will come try it. Please give me a call personally next time you are in the area and I will take care of all of your hospitality needs personally!
Ruskin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are looking for a "homey" feel away from home, this is the spot for you! The staff are super friendly and helpful, hot breakfast is pretty good and included in your stay, and the free cookies at front desk are a nice welcoming touch! The rooms have ample space and are extra clean. Although close to TIA, we never heard the planes overhead while we were in our room. Excellent value and service, we would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Tampa-the only drawback is that it is not on a major road/intersection; however, major streets with shops/restaurants are just a few minutes away!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for the great review!!
Hope to see you back here soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently had family in town and got them a room for 2 nights at this hotel. They had nothing but great things to say. I myself stopped by the hotel on 3 different occassions. What really left a lasting impression was that each time I was there, the General Manager was present. By the time my family checked out, the GM and I were on a first name basis. Early in the morning, late at night, Paul Romero was constantly providing great customer service, not to mention the front desk representatives as well. This hotel really has an A Team in place at all times! As a manager of an attraction in the Channelside District, I will now be recommending Country Inn and Suties to every guest and tourist I speak with. Well done, guys.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tampa Airport N? Share your experiences!