“Great Fun BUT... I Miss The Star Trek Slot Machines!~” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 207 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida and the place where celebrities love to stay and play. This electrifying casino is one of the most successful and largest casinos in the world, and features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. The casino offers a valet service or free, self-parking. We welcome reviews about the casino experience, but we do have a hotel and amenity specific page so be sure to leave your review on the right page so we can best respond to your comments.
Dunnellon, Florida, United States
“Great Fun BUT... I Miss The Star Trek Slot Machines!~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

First I have to say that I am not a professional gambler and go prepared to spend the allotted amount of money (for my husband and I it's usually about $200 each for gambling and $50 to $100 for lunch, tips, cigarettes etc..).

The staff is usually very accommodating and friendly and there's always someone offering a beverage (just tip).

Unlike many other casino's, when you push the help or change button on your slot machine, someone usually comes within moments!

Also... security makes itself known, which always makes me feel a little more comfortable with a handful of cash.

I just have 2 problems..

1. I really miss the Star Trek Red Alert Slot Machines! :( - Not that I won everytime with them... they were just great fun.

2. There should be a no walking with a cigarette policy or rule. I smoke and enjoy being able to light the occasional cigarette while playing the slots, but, I extinguish before walking around (specially in a crowd). I was walking about looking for a slot machine and a drunk lady hit my wrist with her lit cigarette, I had quite the nasty burn and it happened in front of an employee who offered me no help (ice for the burn, ect..).

Those were my only complaints!

I highly recommend Tamps Hard-rock for a fun evening out!!

PS... Please bring back Star Trek :)

Visited December 2013
SHRTampa, Public Relations Coordinator at Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very sorry that you were burned by a lit cigarette and not offered help by an employee, we take this very seriously. We will address your complaint with our employees and refresh them on our customer service expectations and guidelines. We try to accommodate all of our guests, smoking and non-smoking. We have a state-of-the-art air-filtration system that completely exchanges our entire air mass four times every hour. Also, we have over 5,000 amazing slot machines for you to choose from and offer weekly promotions and several ways to win. In the past three years, alone, we have awarded over $11 million in MegaJackpot prizes. We hope that you’ll come back and visit us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“Come on-It's called gambling and it's entertainment-no complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I are gamblers and travel to Las Vegas and other locations several times a years. We are not rich, but retired and like to have fun. We live about an hour from this casino and are somewhat frequent gamblers. We have our own Seminole Hard Rock Players card to accumulate points towards rewards. This casino is easy to get to from many locations and the exit is off of I-4 in Tampa.

To begin with, this is a casino and it is called gambling. Gambling is entertainment. Nothing else. If you win, that is a good thing but winning is never guaranteed. I had to learn this lesson a long time ago. Otherwise, every time I lost money I would have gone crazy. We like to come to play video poker at the bar but we have learned to gamble with restraint. You have to set a dollar limit that you are comfortable losing and once you reach that limit, walk out the door, get in your car and drive home.

My husband and I have won some nice jackpots here but we have also left many times with less money than we started with. We do not play the table games because the limits are too high even in the daytime. Yes, there is smoking allowed but there are machines you can sit at where no smoking is allowed. I agree with many complaints that the smoking is annoying but what can you do. I just try to stay way from people that are smoking. It still gets in my clothes and hair but smoking is part of the casino atmosphere.

We have been to many casinos where the drinks are free when you are gambling. This is not the policy of this casino and I find that very unfair but again what can you do about it. If you want to gamble for entertainment and live in the Tampa area, then have some fun at this casino. You have to set a dollar limit for yourself, and leave when you reach your limit. Do not think you are going to win the big jackpot every time you are there but if you do, celebrate!!! I have actually seen people win some very large jackpots when I have been there, so I know it happens.

The parking is easy in the garage and there always seems to be spaces. If you have a players card, you will get offers in the mail for different promotions.

The only complaint I have is when you need an attendant to service your machine, you cannot find one. Recently, I had a problem with a machine I was playing and my husband had to walk around for quite awhile to find an attendant. Last month we stayed in New Orleans for a long week-end. We played at Harrah's Casino and have to praise the systems that they have in place for notifying an attendant when you have a problem with your machine. There is a button on the machine that you can press and within minutes, there is an attendant at your machine. Now that is service and it beats sending your husband to roam around the entire casino looking for help. If you are alone and need help from an attendant at the Seminole Hard Rock, than forget it. Luckily, the machines at Hard Rock seldom break down when you are at them.

We like to play at the Hard Rock and so will continue to play at a level we can afford. You never know when you might win the Big One! Have fun.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our casino. We take your complaint seriously and apologize for the lack of service that you experienced. We will immediately address your complaint with our employees and refresh them on our customer service expectations and guidelines. Again, thanks for your feedback and we hope that you return in the near future and maybe you’ll get lucky!
Columbus, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
“Entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped at the casino for dinner and some gaming action while we were in Tampa overnight. We had planned on visiting the HRC, but we were not allowed in without tickets to the concert. That was a bummer...so we ate at the Buffet instead.

After dinner we gambled for a few hours. Normally, DH and I are table players - but we save the big gambling for Vegas. $25 minimums aren't our thing for a quick couple of hours of gaming - and that's all there was the night we were there - so we played slots, which is not normal for us at all. Call it beginners luck if you will, but we more than doubled our money on slots - and walked out with several hundred more than what we went in with. We were happy. Would visit again if we were in the area - but wouldn't go out of our way to visit.

Visited December 2013
We’re happy that you were able to enjoy your time and double your money here at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. We apologize that you were unable to dine at the Hard Rock Café due to a private event, but we’re thrilled you dined at Fresh Harvest! We offer 5,000 slot machines and are constantly introducing new gaming machines to the floor. Also, over the past three years we have awarded over $11 million in MegaJackpot prizes. We hope you’ll come see us again soon!
New Hyde Park, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Came home with cash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We went mainly for the casino portion and spent most of the day there, not getting hurt by the machines. Large collection of machines, but no Jackpot bells during that day.

But we did visit the restaurant after our day and enjoyed a good meal, not the buffet. Food was quite good.

Niagara Falls, NY
9 attraction reviews
“SMOKE FILLED *cough cough*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Typical, Native American owned casino FILLED with smoke and not a whole lot of people winning anything!