“OMG! RUN! DONT STOP HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #136 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“OMG! RUN! DONT STOP HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Worst hotel on the face of the planet!!!!!! Horrible smells, people living in the hotel, prostitutes, paid for two nights online, stuck here for tonight, will not stay another night. Maybe we will laugh about this someday, but right now, I just want to live through the night. Wife is in a panic, spraying bug spray allover the room, If my family goes missing, please send this review to the police, and for GOD's sake, condemn this place as my last request..........................

Room Tip: Don" stay here!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

First night I saw a couple of young girls walking the hallway half naked, I'm sure they were prostitutes by the way they carried themselves. The next night in the parking lot cops were searching another girl, she looked like a prostitute also. Creepy guy in the hallway. Had to even pay for ice. I will never stay here again, would have checked out, but was here for emergency reasons so didn't have the time to go thru all of that.

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

After been taking by pics posted on ad in the internet, I book this dump what a horrible experience we have. No hot water, dirty room, outside smell like a dead animal. If I keep saying I will be here for ever, check-in@ 11:00pm check-out @ 5:30 am nextension day. In my opinion this place should be torn down by bulldozers or burn to the ground. Be aware of funny advertising.....

• Stayed November 2011
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Although the place is old, we didn't experience the unsanitary conditions that some other reviewers did. HOWEVER, on Friday nights the Lava Lounge rocks!!! It was impossible to sleep. The pounding noise went on until 5AM. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife & I stayed in two different rooms - both were HORRIBLE!
Conditions included:
LIVE Bed Bug
Dead Cockroaches on the bathroom sink
Mold on the chair cushions
Spider webs in the rooms
Blood on the pillow case
Mold in both bathrooms
The advertized continental breakfast was only powdered donuts and cold coffee.
The manager did NOT really care !

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

As soon as I walked into this dump I knew it was a mistake. The place smelled like mold and there was even a bummy looking guy hanging around in the lobby. I got the room key and checked the room out...Epic fail. Internet pics are extremely misleading! Got a refund and got the heck out. Not even good enough for the dog..

Room Tip: I refuse to stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This property is atrocious. The photos in are very well shot, in that they are relatively accurate, but there's not accounting for the room when you are actually IN them. The neighborhood, as I found out from a good friend, is referred to as "Suitcase City" by the locals. Transients roam the area and while there are high-end auto dealerships across the street, one should not be misled by this fact. I've never felt less secure in a hotel stay in my life. The hallway was dark and reminded me of my old dorm in college in the early '80s. The door has been painted-over so many times that it is just gross. My original room had an air conditioner which only made loud noise and did not actually produce any air. The carpet had a scorch mark from an iron on it. The next room I got had (IRONically) no iron although it did have an ironing board. When I pulled back the comforter before bed on my first night I was appalled to see as many as a dozen cigarette burn holes in the blanket. I've never encountered that ANYWHERE. Why you would even have the nerve to put that on a bed is beyond me. The clientele was just plain scary. I've never been so glad to check-out of a hotel in all my life. Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Heck, I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Tampa? Share your experiences!