“Elegant, Modern, Delicious Vietnamese Fusion” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant BT is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 1,996 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Astoria, New York
“Elegant, Modern, Delicious Vietnamese Fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

One of my foodie friends, who has extremely high quality standards, selected Restaurant BT for an early lunch. The restaurant's relaxing modern ambiance, extremely attentive and friendly wait staff and host, as well as delicious Vietnamese-fusion cuisine wowed us. This was the first time we NYC city-slickers visited Tampa and I must say we were blown away; so much so that we returned the next day for lunch with several other friends - one from Vietnam - who chatted with the owner in his native tongue. I have been to Vietnamese restaurants all over the country since high school with this friend, including Little Saigon in Virginia and Southern California as well as various restaurants in NYC. We always take the temperature of a Vietnamese restaurant by sampling the freshness of the summer rolls. They nailed it. The pork bún was excellent as well as the many other appetizers I sampled. The cucumber-infused water was an elegant and refreshing touch. My only disappointment on my first trip to Tampa was the lack of time to sample BT's aromatic chicken phở - a dish that is hard to come by at many Vietnamese restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida, USA
“Bring the checkbook”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although this restaurant has moved to a lower rent district, the food is still way overpriced and the portions are way too small for the money.

Visited July 2012
Largo, Florida
“Beautiful, artfully prepared food, average ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

In an unassuming space, Restaurant BT has opened showcasing some truly beautiful food. The artistry of the plating truly shows her skills and training.

Service was excellent, with an attentive waiter who's recommendations were absolutely spot on.

We had the artichoke with leeks, shitake mushrooms, clarified black truffle butter and blue crab special which was very good. Fresh, aromatic, interestingly presented.

The duck burrito was her take on Peking Duck in a flour burrito. Very tasty, and presented beautifully.

The stars were the entrees. The rack of lamb special with South American mashed potatoes with a plantain chip on each dollop, with a burgundy fig reduction was a healthy portion, superbly cooked, with a nice subtle crust. It was outstanding, every portion of it.

The Snapper a la Saigon with snapper, lemongrass, garlic, shallot and bay leaves shredded cabbage was incredibly aromatic and delicious. The steamed jasmine rice was unbelievably aromatic with the lemongrass.

We finished with an unusual pot of tea, and Vietnamese chickory coffee - both also unusual and good.

Very solid food. The atmosphere is pretty, but a little understated for the price tag. They need to make that look a little more like a fancy occasion space to justify the expensive food.

No question that BT has real skills, and truly artful plating techniques.

Made for a very nice dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic food and service for all food preferences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I was in Tampa for a conference. I had read about Restaurant BT in the Delta magazine and then saw reviews in the NY Times. I made reservations over a month in advance. We took a $12 cab ride from the Marriott convention area through an area along the bay with wonderful homes. There were 3 of us, a vegan, a fish eater, and a chicken fan. The food was amazing. The staff was friendly, helpful and incredibly attentive. The food was presented in a way that we just had to take pictures. I would absolutely go back if I am ever in Tampa. We had artichokes with crab, pumpkin soup, an amazing vegan tofu in coconut curry sauce. Tha ambiance is so relaxing, and we saw them prepare special desserts for couples celebrating their anniversary and having a birthday. We had asked them to order a cab. It was pouring rain and the cab was delayed. They kept checking in with us, and even offered us wine and coffee while we waited. I have to say, that those reviews in 2008 should be deleted. These folks know how to make amazing food, treat their guests like royalty, and create an evening worth remembering and going back again and again.

Miami Beach, Florida
“It's Mesmerizing Excellence Takes A Night Off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The ambitious goals of Restaurant BT-- to think globally and to eat locally-- are admirable and often achieved with mesmerizing excellence. This time, however, I was pointedly left wanting a heaping portion of excellence to go along with the three courses I sampled. Perhaps it was because the duck burrito tasted a little too much like mu shu duck. Nothing wrong with mu shu duck, I just expected more from BT's take on it. Perhaps it was because the marvelously sautéed tofu with curry, lemongrass and cabbage lacked any depth or dimension of flavor. Or maybe it was because the chocolate mousse was like cake frosting.

Whatever it was this time, I know that next time, I'll order something different. And there will definitely be a next time. Restaurant BT is a place you'll want to get to know, as you would a good friend. And like good friends, you accept them at the very best and at their average best, too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Restaurant BT? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Restaurant BT, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.