“Seafood and More at a hefty price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,997 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boy Scout
Transit: This is a public transit stop in front of the mall.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Seafood and More at a hefty price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

During a "guy's" weekend spent watching Spring Baseball, we went to Ocean Prime for dinner. It was over priced for the quality and preparation of the meals we had. The food was very good, but not excellent. The view of the Bay was nice but not great. We were a bit disappointed largely due to the price we paid for a good, but not great meal.
It seemed to be a trendy place that attracted a certain clientele that wanted to be seen there. Mission accomplished. We saw you there.
(Go to Mitchell's)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Although we did not make a reservation, we were able to get a table outside. Our waiter made excellent recommendations and was very friendly. The flour manager came by to make sure we were well taken care of. The ahi tuna tartare was an excellent appetizer and big enough to have for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The service was way above average and so is the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We went on a Saturday around 6pm. We are seated right away near the windows looking out at the side pond. We sat outside in the past. I am not sure if the "alligator" warning signs are still there.
One of my guests wanted to start with a glass of root beer, but that was the one drink not on the menu. We had house wine that was very good. I started with a nice salad followed by the scallops. They were cook perfectly. The carrots and sweet potato served "family style" were very tasty. I like the sides this way, as all 4 of us ordered what we liked and shared it. So back to the root beer, about 20 minutes later, a root beer was delivered to our table! Now THAT is how to treat a customer. If you want a way above average dinner or lunch, this is the place! The dinner menu is a bit more expensive than the lunch, but well worth it.

• Visited March 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great lunchtime value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Picked this as likely to be a very good place for lunch close to the airport and mall. Lucked out.

Overall excellence slightly marred by failure to clear nearby tables, some long vacated and poor wifi.

But the service and food were excellent. We tried devilled eggs and French onion soup for appetisers - both excellent. Then we had a crab wedge salad and a chicken salad sandwich - again, both excellent.

Sure, it costs more than other places, but feel this is fully justified. A strong recommendation and an overall rating of Excellent

Sarasota, FL
“One of the better steakhouses in the area, maybe not the best, but still fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Well, naturally, anytime someone else pays for a steak dinner, it's going to be one of the best meals you've had. Met a work associate here for dinner on a Wednesday night. It's a nice, classy restaurant with a patio bar and it looked like some tables out there, too, though I didn't step outside. We had 8:30 reservations, but met at around 7:15, so we ended up just sitting at the bar.

Had a couple of drinks - nice and strong - and then switched to wine with dinner. Bartender was great. Unobtrusive, but always ready when we needed service.

We split a couple of appetizers - a tuna tartar and the surf and turf appetizer (sea scallops and brazed short ribs). Honestly, if that was all for the dinner, I would have been thrilled. The tuna tartar was amazing, and the scallops and short ribs were cooked to perfection. We also split a caesar salad - maybe not the best ever, but respectable and good - and a baked potato, and we both got a steak. I got the 14oz NY Strip.

Like most steakhouses, they have some specialties, but mostly, they just list the steaks by cut and you can add sauces or additions (mushrooms, crab, etc). I was fine with just the steak, cooked medium, because at a great steakhouse, you shouldn't need anything else. Steak came out perfectly, and was mouthwatering.

This was one of the better steakhouse experiences. I guess if I am going to compare it to steakhouses in the area that I've been to, it's on par with Flemings - not sure which I like better. Would probably need to eat at both back to back to be sure. It's better than Malio's, and I like Malio's. I haven't been to Bern's yet, but I'll compare that when the time comes.

Obviously, I'll be back here. There's no way my girlfriend will allow me to have a meal this good with someone else and then not come back with her.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere