“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,066 Restaurants in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boy Scout
Transit: This is a public transit stop in front of the mall.
Haymarket, Virginia
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant was so good, I had to go back the next night for a repeat performance. I didn't know what to expect my first time at the Ocean Prime. Reservations were challenging because they were busy. We did have to wait at the bar about 10-15 minutes beyond our reservation but the staff and management were very apologetic about the wait. They were clearly busy and the service was not super attentive but the staff seems very well trained. The calamari was to die for and the main courses were amazing.

I will make this place a regular part of my routine even though the prices are a bit high. It seems worth the price!

Visited April 2014

“Deliciously Decadent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had dinner here recently with business associates. It was a Tuesday night and we had a reservation although we probably did not need one. We arrived and used the Valet service. The drivers were attentive and helpful. The hostess graciously allowed us to change tables as it was a bit noisy near the bar and serving areas. Our table was right in front of the wine room. The waitress that evening was superb! She provided a plethora of suggestions all designed to create the best dining experience possible. The group ordered the large appetizer sampler. Each of us was able to taste most of everything offered. It was gorgeously served on a very large platter that allowed each item its own space. The barbecued ribs literally melted off of the bone. The jumbo shrimp were succulent and hearty. The spring rolls were very good however please note that they are very spicy! The tempura roll was fresh and well rounded. A great start to dinner. I ordered a Chef's special, Butter Fish, which is an Alaskan Black Cod. This entree was to die for! I have had fresh King Salmon in Alaska and was very surprised that this dish was equal in taste. The fish melted in your mouth from start to finish. The accompanying rice added just the right amount of starch and palate cleansing to that each bite was like the first. I highly recommend this selection. The wine list was extensive but I ended up with the house Riesling. A bit of oak flavor with just the right amount of citrus and sweetness to cleanse the palate. A recommendation from our server was the perfect accompaniment to all of the food served. My only regret was not sampling the dessert choices. I simply had too much already and was in the proverbial food coma. I finished with a cup of excellent coffee laced with a shot of Bailey's. The atmosphere was a bit loud and boisterous however also exuded a certain je ne sais quoi. It was very enjoyable and comfortable without being pretentious. I would not recommend this eatery to families or groups with small children (under 10).
Thank you Ocean Prime-Tampa for an exquisite dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
Brandon, Florida, United States
“This place should be on Tampa's Most Wanted and here's why....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had one of the cocktails, by the way, all the juices used for the mixes are freshly squeezed for each drink. Well of course, I Wanted more! The appetizers where hard to choose from but we decided on the Crab Cakes. They were the best ever and you'll definitely drool until your next bite, as it will surely leave you Wanting more. When the main course arrived, mine, perfectly cooked, dry aged steak. hers, fresh, well seasoned salmon, we couldn't decide which of the two was better. We just Wanted...well, you know the rest.

Great atmosphere as the pianist tickled the keys in one of the bar areas. The view of the bay from inside and out was incredible. You can't help but find something to your liking on their menu, wine and cocktail list. And what a great staff. Thank you to our server Melanie and Assitant G.M., Jo for a such a great dining experience!

Out of all the wants mentioned previously, the one not mentione until now, we Want to an shall return!!!

• Visited March 2014
Berlin, Germany
“magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

with short and slippers, but not a problem at all.
Very friendly service, good recommendation, delicious food.
Nice bar for degistives after a nice dinner.

• Visited January 2014
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Came for dinner on a beautiful 80 degree day with a beautiful breeze and sat outside. The outdoor atmosphere here cannot be beat. Our server was outstanding and made perfect recommendations. Part of his introduction was "the answer is yes to any question". Extremely accommodating for any request. We started with the calamari. Simply the best I have ever had. The fresh drinks were unforgettable. A definite must to try, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. You will not be disappointed.

For entrees we had the lobster, sea bass and rib eye. All absolutely delicious.

Dessert we tried the butter cake and vanilla bean ice cream. A MUST!! Save room. So good. Yes it is very expensive but felt well worth it.