“A nice dinner in Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime - Tampa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,908 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boy Scout
Transit: This is a public transit stop in front of the mall.
São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
“A nice dinner in Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food is really excellent and it's worth to visit it. Although we had reservations we had to wait more than 30 minutes to get a table. The bar is very crowd and noisy and, unfortunately, the noise reaches the restaurant. The service is ok although the waiter didn't explain details of the dishes and made us have salads which were not necessary since the entree is very well served and we already had appetizers. Nice wine list but prices are high.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“GASP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ok, first it's BEAUTIFUL. It is very nice and 'classy." Everything single thing I had there was great, even the water! I had lobster bisque which was incridible. So so good, the service was very good too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roma, Italia
“A top class dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was on a short business trip to Tampa and I've been invited at Ocean Prime by a coworker. I had a wonderful dinner and I hope to come back. As far as I could see they are a top class seafood restaurant, but that night I was in a perfect mood for a steak therefore I had a fillet as a main course, and it was absolutely delicious. I had the small one but they offer a variety of sizes to fit any appetite. My coworker told me that I couldn't miss their stone-crab, which is a local delicacy from Tampa bay, so I happily I accepted to share one crab and it was really very good. I actually took some pictures of it. The only thing I haven't been fully happy with was the wine list. As far as I remember the cheapest wine was about 50$, which surprised me a bit considering the huge production of good californian wine at a reasonable price available in the US. In my opinion a wine list should always offer wines starting from a fairly good table wine, which is nowadays absolutely possible in the US. Btw the dinner has been fantastic, the waiters were incredibly nice and professional and the overall atmosphere was perfect. Of course this restaurant is fairly expensive but it really worths.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
“New chef...? New ownership...?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We traditionally go to OCEAN PRIME, for the quality of food. Last night my New York strip was very poor with a side of fat hard as the sole of a shoe. The manager came to apologize and offered a free desert that was as bad as the steak. Finally the waiter was unpleased because we did not tip after these events.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Excellent food, fast service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had reservations for my birthday. They decorated the table with confetti. The food was delicious and the service was fast. Great for people watching. It was an older crowd so we didn't stay after dinner for drinks there, but the entertainment was good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere