“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Visit Museum of Science and Industry like an insider
Special Offer
$55*
and up
Tampa Trio Pass: Florida Aquarium, Tampa's Lowry...
Ranked #41 of 208 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore a World of Possibilities at Tampa’s Museum of Science & Industry with more than 450 hands-on activities, plus Florida’s only IMAX® DOME Theatre, five-stories-tall and offering a higher resolution than any other theater in Tampa; It is more than a movie, it is an experience. Brave extreme weather conditions inside Disasterville, featuring Bay News 9 WeatherQuest, and explore the stages of life in The Amazing You exhibition. Gaze into the starry night sky in MOSI’s Saunders Planetarium, and don’t miss exploring the outdoors in the BioWorks Butterfly Garden and MOSI Backwoods. Kids get to run the show at MOSI’s Kids In Charge!, the largest children’s science center in nation, while kids of all ages get a rush from MOSI’s Sky Trail® Ropes Course and Zip Line.
Acworth, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have heard a lot about MOSI and decided to take the family there a couple of days ago, instead of Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, etc. What surprised me was the cost. For example, you gad to buy a separate ticket for the rope course, zip lines, exhibits that were not permanent and various other things.
My kids 7 and 9 did enjoy it, especially the kids world and play ground. As far as the exhibits was not really impressed. They have alot of really interesting things, but the way the describe them is really without excitement,
For example. they have exhibits showing the cable going across the ocean, which makes communication possible, but looking at the map they do not explain that,

Altamonte Springs, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Behind other museums.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The general exhibits seemed to be of lower caliper when compared to other children's museums. Your experience can be better if you bring a lot of money, because every other worth wild activity will cost extra. I'm sure that extra funding is needed to pay for all the staff (maybe too many), used to operate the facility. The eating area does offer better quality deli meats for sandwiches, but was not open, not sure why, they had 8 people assigned to this area. Tried to purchase some iced tea, but no ice was available. The I MAX movie was good, I've never been to a bad one, but the dome screen has you bending your neck a lot to view the movie. It seemed as though they promoted non learning activities not normally found at a museum. Okay, if you're not going for a museum experience.

9 attraction reviews
“Felt like kids again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend went. We had A blast, and literally did everything and anything and I don't think ill ever get to old for mosi! I've been going since I was 4 years old. We even had dippin dots, and went zip lining. Next time were gonna do the rope course. And that bicycle that's upstairs was very fun and a little scary at the same time but I still did it. And I like the drunk goggles too! Very fun, great place for the kids or anyone at that no matter what age.

Visited April 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Fabulous!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We purchased tickets through www.floridavacationauction.com and got a great deal on tickets headed over for a visit. It was Fantastic!!! They have this new rope course and zip line in the back. Then we went and did the exhibit Sea Monsters Revealed, which was Awesome!!! However, I did find the price to pay for the exhibit on top of the price you already to pay to get into the museum in the first place too costly. We also saw the Butterfly movie on Imax, very moving. We didn't even get to the the human body or weather section because we opted for Kids in Charge and once you do that, it is hard to leave, soooo much to see and do. Great Destination!!!!!

Pensacola, Florida
“Monsters of the Deep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice exhibit. A little mickey mouse for us scientists....Was certainly geared toward the below average intellect crowd. "Look Punkin' you can see his butt!" was heard more than once.