“Very very impressed with this facility” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Washington DC
“Very very impressed with this facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I especially liked the room layout at the Homewood Suites. By making the room longer and rectangular and putting the bed at one end and the sofa and desk area at the area, it creates a sense of separate spaces within one room. The desk was spacious. The TV was a nice HD flat panel. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was above-average for that sort of thing. They have fireplaces going in the lobby (an odd touch for a Florida hotel, but did give it a cosy feeling). They had 2 computers in the business center, with quick printing. I had dinner at the sister hotel (Hilton Garden Inn) directly across the street) and the food was excellent. I had never stayed at a Homewood Suite before, but I was very impressed and would strongly consider staying at a Homewood Suite hotel in future travels.

As to location, if you want to be close to the Tampa Airport, believe me, if you were much closer you'd have to go through TSA security! It is like a 3 minute drive to the airport.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

In typical fashion, this Homewood Suites had rooms that were clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast staff and room maids were very friendly and hard working. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. There is complimentary parking in the adjoining parking garage. Dinner is available a very short walk across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn. Very convenient to the airport and complimentary onsite shuttle was available. The hotel appeared to be in a safe area, but you need to drive to reach anything other than the other 2 hotels on site. The outdoor pool area was very pretty due to two live oaks that were protected during construction. Views from my room were OK -could see planes land in the distance (which I enjoy) and the water of the bay, could also see the spaghetti of highways and a lot of rental cars parked in a lot.
Unfortunately, the printer in the business center was broken as was the bathroom fan in my room. I was surprised to see 2 small dogs with guests at breakfast. I guess dogs are allowed in the hotel.
I am a VERY picky traveler and I give this hotel my stamp of approval.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

I'm such a picky traveler. I ended up here after finding a spider in the bed of my other hotel 'attempt'. They were booked all up except for an Accessible Room. I got the King Suite/Study. It was very nice, the bed so comfy. The breakfast and manager's reception fulfilled my needs (they had wine and I think beer - I'm not a drinker but YOU KNOW others enjoyed themselves thoroughly. The location is extremely convenient to the airport, as well as to the bridge to Clearwater. Westshore and International Mall are super-convenient, and there are many restaurants in and near both malls, as well as along Boyscout/Spruce St. (the main road) and then on Dale Mabry, Westshore, and Kennedy nearby. The hotel is part of a cluster of hotels (there are three) but it had the friendliest staff, and the most docile guests (yes I said docile - lol). You use your hotel key to access the covered parking garage, but it is free. No more comments, stay here. It definitely feels like home. I don't prefer staying in hotels as nowhere is as comfortable as my own home, but as soon as I arrived to my room I knew I could stay there forever - and that says a lot when you're me.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for seven days on a part business, part pleasure trip. The rooms were nice and more upscale than a Residence Inn. Despite being a new hotel, oddly many walls were marred with dark scuffs from luggage. One lamp was missing a bulb, a bath towel had a 20 inch tear in it and the housekeeper missed our room one day.

Even with these small issues the stay was very pleasant. The facility is very nice with free internet in the business center, free breakfast and dinner downstairs. The location was quiet despite being near the airport. We were lucky to have a room facing the pool and courtyard as many on the other side face the parking garage 25 feet from the hotel. But if you are on business and away all day I would guess that wouldn't be an issue.

If you need to be near the westshore area this is a fine choice. Hopefully the housekeeping inspector gets around to fixing some of those small issues. We will definately stay at any Homewood Suites in the future as they are a cut above the Residence Inn in style and comfort.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

We arrived in Tampa late afternoon and decided to pick the Homewood Suites due to good reviews on Tripadvisor, location to the airport and the rate of $99 plus tax for a King Studio Suite (the 1 beds were the same price but we were advised the Studio feels more spacious). The rate included free internet access, hot cooked breakfast and free secure undercover parking. We were not disappointed and if we had needed to stay in that area we would have happily stayed for more than the 1 night.

The hotel is quite new, very clean and very well decorated. The room we had was a King Suite Studio with a large bed, very well appointed bathroom and a separate lounge area with Sofabed, flat screen HD TV and full kitchen with stove top, microwave, fridge and dishwasher and enough crockery/cuttlery for 4 people.

The hotel has a swimming pool with plenty of loungers/chairs and a BBQ for the use of the guests. Free wireless access is available throughout the hotel and wired access is also available in the suites. 24 Hour beverages are available in the breakfast room and undercover car parking is attached to the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent. A wide range of creals, fruit, yoghurts, pastries, breads,home -made waffles with toppings and a cooked buffet breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausages and biscuits with gravy - if you have never tried them you must!

Overall the standard of accommodation was very high, the quality of the food excellent and we would definitley recommend this hotel for a longer stay in the Tampa area. Ideal for the airport, shopping at the nearby Mall which had plenty of restaurants and the Raymond James Stadium if you are there to see the Tampa Bay Bucs play

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

This hotel is pretty new and very clean. The assoiate who checked my in did a nice job and gave me all the info about the hotel. The room was well laid out and very clean. I was very pleased with everything. The work out room has enough equipment to get a solid work out (and was pretty clean). Overall the hotel will be a place to I come back to for sure when I am back in the greater Tampa area. Parking can be a little tight, however, you can park for free in the parking garage right next door.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Noida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

This is the Hotel you should stay when ever yo go to Tampa. I liked this hotel very much.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!