“amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Waukon, Iowa
“amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family was here for a wedding. we live in Iowa and the staff here at this hotel was amazing. I cannot say enough how wonderful our stay was. We received a wonderful, full breakfast every morning with lots of choices to please even the fussest eaters. The front staff was SO friendly and helpful. we recieved free transportation from A1 shuttle services that went above and beyond the call of duty with wonderful drivers. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Quiet and peaceful. Some names of the staff I would like to recognize is Matthew, Jackie, Hollie and Kendall. Thank you Homewood suites. You are amazing!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Jennifer,

I agree with you that our staff is amazing! Thank you so much and we can not wait to have you stay with us again.

At your service,

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tampa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Because of late arrival I was given a smoking room. The next morning I wanted to check into another room as I was there for three nights - I had to wait until 4pm for a check in to new room like everyone else.

Dear Debra J,

We are very sorry that our last room was smoking when you arrived and you had to wait to get a non-smoking room. I will share with my team.

At your service,

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just returned from a business/golf meeting held at the Homewood Suites Tampa Airport. We found the staff and facilities friendly & well managed. Mary at the front desk was great to work with as we required area questions answered. The hotel offers free pick up via shuttle from the airport & return. We would the shuttle drivers helpful & courteous. The 5 minute drive from the airport us a big time saver. There are many fine restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel, plus the Westshore Mall which is no more than 10 minutes away. Overall for convenience and cost, the Homewood is a great hotel in Tampa if you want to be close to the airport. Our group will rebook again for 2015. One more point. With the airport being so close, we had no problem with any jet noise especially when you are trying to sleep. I can only assume sound proofing materials were used when the hotel was built.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Gary B,

Thank you Gary! It was a pleasure serving you and thank you again for the kind words about my management and the team that work for me!
We wait for your return.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We checked in 1/16/14 and on 1/17/14 we woke up with a ton of bug bites ALL OVER our body and face! I tried to speak with the manager "Patsy" and finally when I got a hold of her she was the rudest, most unprofessional person I have EVER had to deal with. She basically did not care what had happened to me. She refunded us for that night and gave us 2 bottle of wine, thinking this was going to make everything ok. SERIOUSLY!!! The people that were bit don't even drink!!! Then they took our pajamas to wash and lost them! Some of us had then wash all of our clothes to avoid bringing and bed bugs back home and when we got them back they were ALL ruined!! My face swelled up so bad that I couldn't open my right eye. Both arms were swollen to the point that the skin started tearing. I tried to show them and demanded they do more than just refund us one night considering the extend of our injury well Patsy basically said she didn't care. Our whole trip was ruined!!

Dear VegasClaudia,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Tampa. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Once you brought your concerns to our attention, we immediately took action and addressed the situation. After our discussion we understand that we still fell short of meeting your expectations. Please contact me directly so we can ensure your satisfaction.

Patsy,
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay in Tampa for an extended period of time and so i wanted a comfortable place to stay. Homewood Suites Tampa Airport site has been AMAZINGLY accommodating and a delightful place to stay. I started my stay in a different hotel just 5 minutes away and the difference is like night and day! The staff is exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jody,

Amazing stay! We are so proud to see your comments. Thank you Jody.

The team at the Homewood Suite Tampa Airport.

Winamac, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

A wonderful hotel with shuttle to/from airport and to/from cruise port. My husband and I stayed here the night before embarking on our first cruise. Great hotel with great staff. Wonderful patio/pool area with fire pit!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Candance,

We do get a lot of cruisers and enjoy the package deals we provide. Thank you for sharing your comments about the great service we provided. I know we will see you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was given a smoking room, which quite frankly I didn't know existed anymore and it was unbearable. I complained to the front desk manager and was told nothing could be done. I was obviously the last person to check in that evening and my original room was given away to the previous person that complained about the putrid smell in this room. I know this because the original room number was scratched out by the front desk clerk in front of me when I checked in. Apologizes were given but NOTHING was done to make up for the situation. Over the course of the night all my cloths absorbed the smell in the room so not only did I suffer through it that night but the entire next day.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patsy P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We did have you in room 109 which is a non smoking room. We do apologize if someone cheated and smoked near by or in that room. We are very sorry and hope you can forgive us!

patsy.pagan@hilton.com

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!