“Nice, new hotel that's close to the airport” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay, & Go
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Michigan
“Nice, new hotel that's close to the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a pretty new hotel, and I had a good stay here. The staff was great, the rooms were nice and clean, and the location to the Tampa airport is fantastic. Because of location, parking is in a ramp, which made for a longer walk to my room, but that was ok. The view is limited, because of the close proximity to other hotels and the parking ramp. In the past, when needing a hotel near the Tampa airport, I would stay at the Doubletree Suites. This hotel is much closer to the airport and it's newer. On the other hand, the Doubletree Suites is in a much nicer setting with views and water around the hotel. So both are on my list of top hotels near the airport. I will probably check rates at both before deciding in the future, but I certainly would recommend the Homewood Suites to anyone looking for hotel near the Tampa airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the feedback MItravelerforbus. We’re glad we’re one of your top choices when you visit Tampa. Please give us a call before your next arrival to ensure we get you the best possible view available so we can become the TOP choice for you. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times and hotel is super nice,very clean,hotel staff wonderful. It has good free breakfast ,but needs a little work on hot items. Extremely quiet which is what I always want,yet is near local restaurants and shopping. My family is located here so the hotel is convenient to them and the airport but in a very nice area of the city. The only drawback is you have to park in the adjacent parking garage and usually have to drive thru to find a space as its always near capacity. But because of the quality of the hotel its a minor inconvenience to me to get all the features I want in the hotel. I also usually am able to find some kind of special as far as price.Will stay again

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your response Kiri W. We’re always exploring new options and trying out different things for our breakfasts. We’re glad we were able to accommodate you otherwise. Thanks for staying with us!
Florissant, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Excellent Tampa Airport hotel. The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained, the beds comfortable, the free breakfast fabulous with many choices of hot items. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and stay here again.

DisneyFreakMom,

Thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Tallahassee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

So close to the airport, close to shopping and restaurants. Clean, affordable, and a restful nights sleep. The facilities are upgraded and modern.l One of the nicer hotels in the area, especially for travelers. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I’m glad that everything was close and convenient and our amenities were to your satisfaction Tiffany B. Thanks for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!
Springfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Best hotel experience I have had. The staff gets to know you and treats you like family. If you are traveling away from home, this is the hotel you want to stay at. Amazing breakfast and manager specials.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you Walter L, I’m glad you had a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cabot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent extended stay hotel! I have had to stay in many hotels for extended periods of time, and this has been hands down the best experience I've had in years. The rooms were well kept, and the staff were all wonderful caring people. The staff bent over backwards for all of the guests, making a long stay away from home bearable. They always greeted us with a smile and a good morning. Special thanks to Kendall, Terry, Mary, Samantha, Matt, Adam, Srecko, Hollie and Carlos! Early in the morning and late in the afternoon, Dianna, Gene, Jaime, Nicey, Deanna, Maddie, Jessie, and Nathan all made sure that the guests enjoyed a variety of food and adding special theme nights to break up the monotony. Well Done! I will be back, and will recommend this hotel to my coworkers for their use in the near future.
Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you jdmainjr for your response! Having had the best experience in your hotel stays’ speaks volumes. I’m glad that our staff had a lasting impression and that you enjoyed our afternoon activities. I will be sure to pass this on to the entire team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

There is always a but. So, I got two rooms. One for my wife and kids and me and one for my sister and her kids. We are staying a week and my sister was only staying for one day. I am a Hilton Honors member so I always stick with Hilton branded hotels. I previously stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street from this hotel and it was pretty nice so I figured this one would be ok. Like I said in the title, good location and has good food. First of all, the pool was dirty when we arrived on Sunday. It was so cloudy that you could not see the bottom. It is now Tuesday and it is cleaner but still dirty looking. The other issue is that we had some items go missing. My sister forgot a bag in her room with 4 pairs of brand new shoes. Three were her daughters and one was hers. She remembered shortly after checking out and went to the front desk to ask if they were turned in. They were not. The front desk suggested that they were thrown out. Four pairs of new shoes thrown out? Really? No likely. They were not in the trash and were not in a trash bag. My sister also left a bag of snacks including a couple of unopened bags of Goldfish crackers for her daughters in a supermarket bag on the table in our room. When my wife and sister returned, the bag of snacks was gone. Again, they contacted the front desk and were told that they probably threw them out. Really, unopened food on a table and not in the trash? So, the cleaning people scored 4 new pairs of shoes and some gold fish crackers. I was working, but my sister talked to the manager and they took $20 off of her room to pay for the snacks. So what about the shoes? That was at least $150. The room was $159 per night and they adjusted it to $139. I expect more from management. The excuse of the stuff being thrown away makes no sense. I know that my sister should have been more careful about forgetting the bag with the shoes in her room, but to add insult to injury stealing $4 of gold fish crackers from our room? Nonsense. I am probably going to check out if there is availability at the Hilton Garden Inn next door and won't return to this Homewood Suites again. My advice, stay at the Homewood Suites on Ulmerton in Clearwater which is about 15 minutes away or stay at the Garden Inn.

A couple of other observations was that the blankets for the sofa sleeper were dirty and the parking garage next to the hotel was potentially dangerous. There were a number of what appeared to be employees of the hotel or the rental car company that share the garage having a little beer party in the back of a pick up truck in the parking garage. We arrived at around 12:30am and we also noted what looked like someone walking from car to car possibly looking for things of value. They seemed scared off when we parked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback GringoLoco2000,
I’m very sorry for your less than satisfactory stay and the issues you encountered. I would like to state that the 4 pair of shoes that went missing was not brought to management’s attention until after the rate adjustment for the snacks. We have a very reliable and trustworthy staff that has turned in high valued items from iPads to jewelry to even cash. Our staff is thoroughly trained on how to handle items left in a guest’s room. In regards to the garage, it is shared by the 3 surrounding hotels and with a 3rd party airport service company and I will be happy to forward that portion of the response to them as well. I hope you can give us another chance to redeem ourselves in the future!

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!