There is always a but. So, I got two rooms. One for my wife and kids and me and one for my sister and her kids. We are staying a week and my sister was only staying for one day. I am a Hilton Honors member so I always stick with Hilton branded hotels. I previously stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street from this hotel and it was pretty nice so I figured this one would be ok. Like I said in the title, good location and has good food. First of all, the pool was dirty when we arrived on Sunday. It was so cloudy that you could not see the bottom. It is now Tuesday and it is cleaner but still dirty looking. The other issue is that we had some items go missing. My sister forgot a bag in her room with 4 pairs of brand new shoes. Three were her daughters and one was hers. She remembered shortly after checking out and went to the front desk to ask if they were turned in. They were not. The front desk suggested that they were thrown out. Four pairs of new shoes thrown out? Really? No likely. They were not in the trash and were not in a trash bag. My sister also left a bag of snacks including a couple of unopened bags of Goldfish crackers for her daughters in a supermarket bag on the table in our room. When my wife and sister returned, the bag of snacks was gone. Again, they contacted the front desk and were told that they probably threw them out. Really, unopened food on a table and not in the trash? So, the cleaning people scored 4 new pairs of shoes and some gold fish crackers. I was working, but my sister talked to the manager and they took $20 off of her room to pay for the snacks. So what about the shoes? That was at least $150. The room was $159 per night and they adjusted it to $139. I expect more from management. The excuse of the stuff being thrown away makes no sense. I know that my sister should have been more careful about forgetting the bag with the shoes in her room, but to add insult to injury stealing $4 of gold fish crackers from our room? Nonsense. I am probably going to check out if there is availability at the Hilton Garden Inn next door and won't return to this Homewood Suites again. My advice, stay at the Homewood Suites on Ulmerton in Clearwater which is about 15 minutes away or stay at the Garden Inn.
A couple of other observations was that the blankets for the sofa sleeper were dirty and the parking garage next to the hotel was potentially dangerous. There were a number of what appeared to be employees of the hotel or the rental car company that share the garage having a little beer party in the back of a pick up truck in the parking garage. We arrived at around 12:30am and we also noted what looked like someone walking from car to car possibly looking for things of value. They seemed scared off when we parked.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Tampa Airport-Westshore Hotel
- Homewood Suites Tampa Airport-Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complete with upscale furnishings, outstanding service and complimentary amenities, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport - Westshore Florida hotel offers 144 beautifully appointed hotel suites and welcomes extended stay business and leisure travelers to thoroughly enjoy its central location conveniently situated in the heart of the sophisticated Westshore Business District.Our Homewood Suites by Hilton® Tampa hotel is only minutes from Tampa International Airport and provides exciting recreational options, tourist attractions, shopping, dining and unique entertainment venues. Additionally, guests of our hotel in Tampal, FL hotel can enjoy our complimentary Suite Start™ hot breakfast daily and a Welcome Home® reception Monday through Thursday evenings, featuring assorted beverages, beer and wine (local laws apply). At the Homewood Suites hotel in Tampa, Florida we're committed to the comfort of our guests. Our spacious rooms and central location have been designed with all our guests needs in mind. So make yourself at home and enjoy our great hotel amenities and our world class Homewood Suites by Hilton hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.