“Good one” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Erkrath, Germany
“Good one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This Homewood Suites Hotel is a good one. Parking for free in a garage. The staff at Reception and Bar were friendly. The Suite was clean and the Beds were very comfortable.
Only the Patio and Pool area looked a little bit unclean. They have to sweep it several times a day. No towels at the Pool area. On 2 days they had no fresh waffles at breakfast. Why? Can't understand this.
Overall a good Location. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Shchiller2007

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to ensure that all areas of the hotel are properly maintained and adequately stocked. As far as the waffles, they are a rotational item and not served daily. I am glad to hear that your experience with the staff and room was great. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flower Mound, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I thought this hotel had friendly staff and was a clean property. However, I disagree with the outstanding reviews given by some for several reasons.

First of all, I found the location to be unsatisfactory as the homeless people, prostitutes and unsavory individuals roaming around on Westside to be an issue. Also, I didn't appreciate the fact that there were strip clubs and the Tampa Housing Authority all within walking distance.

This hotel is grouped with a few newer hotels about a block from the area that I mentioned, but I would have preferred to be an an area without those issues.

There are nice things about this hotel. I thought it was clean, and we stayed here free with Hilton Honors points so you can't beat that. The rooms are a good size for the price, and have a small kitchen. In addition, the staff was extremely nice. They are a friendly bunch.

I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club in Hawaii right before this hotel --- so it's hard to give this property more than a 3 rating after being in such a top notch facility prior. However, I think this hotel is great for those wanting to stay near the airport. It's certainly clean and comfortable --- but not a five star property in my opinion. It's a good hotel --- but not GREAT.

Room Tip: Good for a short stay near the airport. Clean and affordable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I apologize that our location was not to your satisfaction. We are proud to be a part of Avion Park, which provides privacy from the highway; and to be conveniently located near the airport and some of Tampa's top dining & shopping spots. We would love for you to stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

John Fuller
Assistant General Manager
john.fuller@hilton.com
Chesterfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was treated like an executive and so were my team. We all were very impressed by the welcome, which by the way was by name, to a very nice room, extremely comfortable, hot breakfast and a nice thank you when we left.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

David M,

Thank you for your response. We’re happy we were able to make your stay wonderful to you and your team. We look forward to seeing you again!
Fort Pierce
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

From the time we arrived to attend a conference to the time we left, all staff was very accommodating and helpful. Holly was outstanding - she processed us into our rooms quickly and efficiently. she evn double checked on me once I was in my room to see if there was anyhting else she could do. I liked having breakfast and dinner available as part of the stay. While close to the airport, it was not until Friday morning that I even heard the planes. I have traveled a great deal - in the US and outside the US. This Homewood Suites was the best. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Sheila W for your response. I am so glad your stay with us was great! I will be sure to share this with Hollie for her excellent service. We look forward to seeing you again!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent accommodations. Staff great (Especially Kendall.) Hi Kendall! Breakfast and dinner four days a week. Customer service. Really cool "event night". Thursday 16 May was Island Night. (There should be lots of these on the calendar. Maybe on Wednesday nights?)
Awesome fresh fish, jerk chicken and pulled pork. Rice and beans. Beer and wine.Music! Free Parking in a large garage next door. Nice pool. Three minutes to the airport. Shopping and restaurants abound. Shuttle service. Did I say customer service? People who "get it" when you are the customer.
Business center as well as internet. Some times it's hard to get a room here. You just have to know the right people to call (Hi Kendall!) And finally: "You don't have to shovel Sunshine"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kendall W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear WhereamInowdude,

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and will be sure to pass your sentiments to the members of kitchen staff. I just learned that we will be rolling out other theme nights that will cater to guests here during the middle of the week as well as to families during select weekends.
I look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Tampa. Remember, I am only a phone call away!

Warm Regards,
Naples, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Overall this is a great hotel. Conveniently located and very nice amenities. The suite was a perfect size and the price was terrific. The breakfast was great too. We were traveling with a youth basketball team and everyone thought this was the best value of the hotels we had stayed at so far this season. Only issue was mattress was a little too soft for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you Debora F for your comments. We are glad we were able to accommodate the team during their stay. Be sure to ask for a bed board prior to your next trip so we can ensure you a firmer mattress. We look forward to seeing you again!
Charleston SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are 5 so we always try to stay in suite style hotels. I found this one a little tighter than most but we did have 2 bedrooms and a den. The rest of the family was happy but I can't put my finger on why I didn't love this place. Staff was nice enough and accommodating and breakfast was nice - maybe it was the lobby - it felt more like a cheap hotel lobby. The dinning area was nice as was the outdoor seating area. My biggest disappointment was the yucky bed spread and too loose sheets. Chose this based on Trip Advisor reviews - I would recommend checking out the hotel adjacent to this hotel as well.

Room Tip: We were on a pool view 2nd floor room with shuttered windows. Maybe being on a higher floor would o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for being a valued guest. We strive here to provide great guest service and create memorable experiences. I apologize for your stay not being up to par. We are in the process of revamping our bedding décor in the next few months, so hopefully the bed spread will be different upon your next arrival with us. We hope you give us another chance to redeem ourselves and as always, thank you for choosing us.

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!