“Tampa Homewood Suites Avion Park Dr.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay, & Go
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Tampa Homewood Suites Avion Park Dr.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent accommodations. Staff great (Especially Kendall.) Hi Kendall! Breakfast and dinner four days a week. Customer service. Really cool "event night". Thursday 16 May was Island Night. (There should be lots of these on the calendar. Maybe on Wednesday nights?)
Awesome fresh fish, jerk chicken and pulled pork. Rice and beans. Beer and wine.Music! Free Parking in a large garage next door. Nice pool. Three minutes to the airport. Shopping and restaurants abound. Shuttle service. Did I say customer service? People who "get it" when you are the customer.
Business center as well as internet. Some times it's hard to get a room here. You just have to know the right people to call (Hi Kendall!) And finally: "You don't have to shovel Sunshine"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kendall W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear WhereamInowdude,

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and will be sure to pass your sentiments to the members of kitchen staff. I just learned that we will be rolling out other theme nights that will cater to guests here during the middle of the week as well as to families during select weekends.
I look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Tampa. Remember, I am only a phone call away!

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Naples, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Overall this is a great hotel. Conveniently located and very nice amenities. The suite was a perfect size and the price was terrific. The breakfast was great too. We were traveling with a youth basketball team and everyone thought this was the best value of the hotels we had stayed at so far this season. Only issue was mattress was a little too soft for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you Debora F for your comments. We are glad we were able to accommodate the team during their stay. Be sure to ask for a bed board prior to your next trip so we can ensure you a firmer mattress. We look forward to seeing you again!
Charleston SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are 5 so we always try to stay in suite style hotels. I found this one a little tighter than most but we did have 2 bedrooms and a den. The rest of the family was happy but I can't put my finger on why I didn't love this place. Staff was nice enough and accommodating and breakfast was nice - maybe it was the lobby - it felt more like a cheap hotel lobby. The dinning area was nice as was the outdoor seating area. My biggest disappointment was the yucky bed spread and too loose sheets. Chose this based on Trip Advisor reviews - I would recommend checking out the hotel adjacent to this hotel as well.

Room Tip: We were on a pool view 2nd floor room with shuttered windows. Maybe being on a higher floor would o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for being a valued guest. We strive here to provide great guest service and create memorable experiences. I apologize for your stay not being up to par. We are in the process of revamping our bedding décor in the next few months, so hopefully the bed spread will be different upon your next arrival with us. We hope you give us another chance to redeem ourselves and as always, thank you for choosing us.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at a Homewood Suites. My company had a two week training class that was hosted at the property. The room rate includes a breakfast buffet, dinner buffet, free internet and free shuttle to the 2 nearby malls.

The room I was given was a suite that included a small well equipped kitchen that overlooked their pool area. Being a light sleeper, staying across from the airport I was concerned with airplane noise, I slept better than I did at home. The beds were a little softer then I would prefer but still comfortable.

Everyone from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping Department were very nice and appear to enjoy what they do. Special thanks to Matthew, Hollie, Kendall, and Samantha for giving great directions and lunch options.
I am a health nut I appreciated that the breakfast also catered to those that do their best to adhere to healthier options/diets while on the road. Besides the normal eggs, meats and potatoes there were options like parfaits, fresh fruit, and oatmeal. (Thank you)

The dinners were AMAZING!!!! Never ever have I had such great experiences. There is a menu on your refrigerator that tells you what to expect to eat that night. I wasn't sure what to make out of the Thursday meals, (Soup and Salad Bar) It turned out to be various salads, pasta and leaf and a variety of different hot cuisines. My favorite is the Gumbo & crab pasta salad and the BBQ dinner. There were a few nights that they had live music and dinner outside! It was just what I needed after a long day in class.
A few of my colleagues a I got up and danced with the staff. (Ms. Jean, I will miss your fun spirit and your dance moves.)
EVERYONE was having a great time. The entertainer they had was very talented and had everyone reminiscing to where they were back in the day.

Due to the outstanding service and amenities at this hotel, my company will be sending more people to Homewood Suites. Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool if you have T-mobile. Find out which nights they have the outside din...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Linda S,

Thank you for this Wonderful Feedback! We strive to be your “home” away from home and we are so happy we were able accomplish that during your stay. I well be sure to share your great experience with every department and also be sure to let Jean know to be ready to bring those dance moves back out upon your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our first time to stay in Tampa and a Homewood Suites. It could not have been better. Matthew went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Everybody on staff had the same mindset making our stay enjoyable. The room was large, clean and in a great location. The pool area, fire pit and outdoor patio were all nice as well. We stayed for a 3 day weekend enjoying the pool area one day and visiting Clearwater beach the next day. The adjoining free covered parking deck worked great for us. I can say this will be where I'll stay when we return to Tampa! Great job!

Room Tip: Ours was lower level and around the corner from the elevators but very quiet. Insulated well with no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Tommy M for the great feedback,

I’m glad we were able to exceed your expectations and make a good first impression on your trip to Tampa. I will be sure to share your positive experience with Matthew as well as the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!
Littleton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Overall my family is extremely happy with our stay at this hotel. We felt very much at home. Everything was clean and in order. The one issue I did have was that I reserved a king one bedroom suite but when I went to check-in they only showed they had a queen one bedroom suite. The individual at check-in ended up putting my family in a two bedroom king suite for the same price. I thought I was in trouble and was going to have to settle for a smaller room. I was really unhappy at first but pleased with the response.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for your response. I apologize the room you originally reserved was unavailable at check-in , but glad we were able to accommodate you to something even better. We hope you choose to stay with us again!
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Staff from front desk to housekeeping were extremely helpful and friendly; my family loved the free breakfast and dinner and we especially enjoyed cocktails and live music on the Thursday evening we were there. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cayman Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our theme night and selection of food. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!