“Best Hotel Stay Ever!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #18 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Best Hotel Stay Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at a Homewood Suites. My company had a two week training class that was hosted at the property. The room rate includes a breakfast buffet, dinner buffet, free internet and free shuttle to the 2 nearby malls.

The room I was given was a suite that included a small well equipped kitchen that overlooked their pool area. Being a light sleeper, staying across from the airport I was concerned with airplane noise, I slept better than I did at home. The beds were a little softer then I would prefer but still comfortable.

Everyone from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping Department were very nice and appear to enjoy what they do. Special thanks to Matthew, Hollie, Kendall, and Samantha for giving great directions and lunch options.
I am a health nut I appreciated that the breakfast also catered to those that do their best to adhere to healthier options/diets while on the road. Besides the normal eggs, meats and potatoes there were options like parfaits, fresh fruit, and oatmeal. (Thank you)

The dinners were AMAZING!!!! Never ever have I had such great experiences. There is a menu on your refrigerator that tells you what to expect to eat that night. I wasn't sure what to make out of the Thursday meals, (Soup and Salad Bar) It turned out to be various salads, pasta and leaf and a variety of different hot cuisines. My favorite is the Gumbo & crab pasta salad and the BBQ dinner. There were a few nights that they had live music and dinner outside! It was just what I needed after a long day in class.
A few of my colleagues a I got up and danced with the staff. (Ms. Jean, I will miss your fun spirit and your dance moves.)
EVERYONE was having a great time. The entertainer they had was very talented and had everyone reminiscing to where they were back in the day.

Due to the outstanding service and amenities at this hotel, my company will be sending more people to Homewood Suites. Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool if you have T-mobile. Find out which nights they have the outside din...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John F, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Linda S,

Thank you for this Wonderful Feedback! We strive to be your “home” away from home and we are so happy we were able accomplish that during your stay. I well be sure to share your great experience with every department and also be sure to let Jean know to be ready to bring those dance moves back out upon your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our first time to stay in Tampa and a Homewood Suites. It could not have been better. Matthew went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Everybody on staff had the same mindset making our stay enjoyable. The room was large, clean and in a great location. The pool area, fire pit and outdoor patio were all nice as well. We stayed for a 3 day weekend enjoying the pool area one day and visiting Clearwater beach the next day. The adjoining free covered parking deck worked great for us. I can say this will be where I'll stay when we return to Tampa! Great job!

Room Tip: Ours was lower level and around the corner from the elevators but very quiet. Insulated well with no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Tommy M for the great feedback,

I’m glad we were able to exceed your expectations and make a good first impression on your trip to Tampa. I will be sure to share your positive experience with Matthew as well as the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!
Littleton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Overall my family is extremely happy with our stay at this hotel. We felt very much at home. Everything was clean and in order. The one issue I did have was that I reserved a king one bedroom suite but when I went to check-in they only showed they had a queen one bedroom suite. The individual at check-in ended up putting my family in a two bedroom king suite for the same price. I thought I was in trouble and was going to have to settle for a smaller room. I was really unhappy at first but pleased with the response.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for your response. I apologize the room you originally reserved was unavailable at check-in , but glad we were able to accommodate you to something even better. We hope you choose to stay with us again!
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Staff from front desk to housekeeping were extremely helpful and friendly; my family loved the free breakfast and dinner and we especially enjoyed cocktails and live music on the Thursday evening we were there. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cayman Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our theme night and selection of food. We hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came "Home" today to a Backyard BBQ style dinner. What a wondetful experience! Great food,atmosphere,and people! Live music too!! I've stayed in many hotels,but this one stands out. I've been staying here since the property opened in 2009 and its still the same! Great staff and amazing suites! Thank you to Holly for being so kind! Thank you to Samantha for making check in flawless. Kendall is the sweetest ever and deserves credit for how polite and professional she is. Housekeeping you rock too!! Breakfast staff, so kind and accommodating. Everyone has the right attitude and helpful spirit. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Non smokers and allergy sufferers stay away from the 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kendall W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Hi Terika,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Backyard BBQ theme night. I will be sure to share your comments with Samantha, Hollie and the other staff members. As the summer approaches we will be looking into hosting other events to cater to families. Let me know when you plan to return and I will personally make your reservation. I hope to see you soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this Homewood Suites for a two-week work trip. The staff here went out of their way to take care of special requests like arranging a different time for room service and taking care of the bill at the end. They call you by name and are always more than happy to help. They were definitely the highlight of staying here.

The rooms are nice, although if you are looking for a full kitchen these do not have stoves. The rest of the kitchen was well outfitted though. The furniture is getting a little old but is still nice and the bed was comfortable. Great water pressure too. Very quiet hallways and good insulation from neighboring rooms.

The hotel is not within walking distance to restaurants but is only a few minutes by car. They also have a nice pool and a fire pit that they light at night. Free parking too. Overall, this was an excellent stay and I would stay here again on another business trip.

Dear Unbound Traveler,

Thank you for highlighting the great service you were provided at our property. I will share your feedback with our team during our daily huddle. Next time you come to Tampa, take advantage of our complimentary shuttle that can take you to the two area malls/restaurants. I look forward to meeting you.

Warm Regards,
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This property deserves its high marks. Hollie at reception checked me in with a smile and by name when I arrived for my one-night stay on business. Due to my Diamond status, they upgraded me to a two-bedroom suite (very nice touch!). One bedroom had a king bed, the other two queens. Combined with the sofa bed, the suite could have slept eight. It's a pity this always happens when I'm alone and only staying overnight so that I can't really enjoy the comforts of the room. I like king beds, and was a little bit concerned that that bedroom was close to the elevator, but I slept well overnight and didn't hear the elevators. Food service was above average for Homewood. Instead of bringing out the wine in carafes after having poured it from boxed wine containers (or worse), this hotel served Woodbridge wine in the bottle. They also offered fruit at the dinner service, which I appreciate. I found a parking space in the lot outside, but it turns out they have a multi-level garage that I guess they share with the Hilton Garden Inn across the way. The only downside as far as I am concerned is that the neighborhood is very boring if one does not have a car, nothing but airport hotels and office parks. Convenient if you need to be close to the airport or have business nearby, but not of interest to the average leisure visitor.

Room Tip: Even though it's across from the airport, I did not hear any aircraft noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSTAMPA, Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Trotamundos09,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the many amenities that the Homewood Suites brand has to offer. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and especially Hollie. She will be delighted to see that you mentioned her efforts. Again, thank you for your feedback and most importantly, thank you for being a valued Diamond member. Hope to see you back here soon.

Safe Travels,
John Fuller
Assistant General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!