I just got back from a 4-night stay at HS Tampa Airport. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite.
This was a great stay. I would easily give a 4.5 rating, if possible, as there were only minor flaws.
The location was minutes from the airport. As other reviewers have stated it can be tricky to find as it is in a relatively new area that older GPS units will not recognize. That being said, using some good old fashion maps we were able to stumble upon it.
A car is fully necessary if you plan on doing anything in Tampa and the surrounding area. The gulf beaches are about a 30-40min drive and some of Tampa's entertainment areas such as Ybor city are about 10-15min.
The complex the hotel is in was modern and well-kept. It's also worth noting that is is very close to the International Plaza shopping area.
The suite was a tad small, but had everything we needed and was comfortable. Don't expect anything luxurious, but it was clean and inviting. Beds were comfy, kitchen was loaded and each room had a TV along with a 3rd in the main sitting area. This was a nice inclusion! AC worked excellent as well which is important in that heat!
The extras this hotel offered were great. The "trifecta of freebies" that I always look for in a hotel were there: Parking, Wifi & Breakfast (Which was full american-style and excellent!)
We didn't have much interaction with the staff, but from what we did they were friendly and helpful.
We tried out the pool on our last day for an hour (we're beach people lol) and it was nice.
As for the flaws, they were generally minor:
-Elevator service was very slow and many guests were often using it at the same time. One of the elevators was down for a portion of our stay, but even when they were both working it was still not the more efficient experience.
-We only elected for room cleaning on one of the days, and we found that while it was satisfactory, it was not a "full-cleaning" and more of a tidy up. We didn't follow-up about this however as we didn't really mind, and I'm confident that if it was an issue, one phone call would be all it would take to sort out.
-We got up early for breakfast (7:30-8) each day, and while the breakfast was excellent, it was often not replenished as fast as needed, mainly for hot-items.
All-in-all this was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel not only for brief stop-overs, but also for extended stays in the Tampa Bay area.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Tampa Airport-Westshore Hotel
- Homewood Suites Tampa Airport-Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complete with upscale furnishings, outstanding service and complimentary amenities, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport - Westshore Florida hotel offers 144 beautifully appointed hotel suites and welcomes extended stay business and leisure travelers to thoroughly enjoy its central location conveniently situated in the heart of the sophisticated Westshore Business District.Our Homewood Suites by Hilton® Tampa hotel is only minutes from Tampa International Airport and provides exciting recreational options, tourist attractions, shopping, dining and unique entertainment venues. Additionally, guests of our hotel in Tampal, FL hotel can enjoy our complimentary Suite Start™ hot breakfast daily and a Welcome Home® reception Monday through Thursday evenings, featuring assorted beverages, beer and wine (local laws apply). At the Homewood Suites hotel in Tampa, Florida we're committed to the comfort of our guests. Our spacious rooms and central location have been designed with all our guests needs in mind. So make yourself at home and enjoy our great hotel amenities and our world class Homewood Suites by Hilton hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.