“Very good all-around, only minor flaws” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Mississauga, Canada
“Very good all-around, only minor flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I just got back from a 4-night stay at HS Tampa Airport. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite.

This was a great stay. I would easily give a 4.5 rating, if possible, as there were only minor flaws.

The location was minutes from the airport. As other reviewers have stated it can be tricky to find as it is in a relatively new area that older GPS units will not recognize. That being said, using some good old fashion maps we were able to stumble upon it.

A car is fully necessary if you plan on doing anything in Tampa and the surrounding area. The gulf beaches are about a 30-40min drive and some of Tampa's entertainment areas such as Ybor city are about 10-15min.

The complex the hotel is in was modern and well-kept. It's also worth noting that is is very close to the International Plaza shopping area.

The suite was a tad small, but had everything we needed and was comfortable. Don't expect anything luxurious, but it was clean and inviting. Beds were comfy, kitchen was loaded and each room had a TV along with a 3rd in the main sitting area. This was a nice inclusion! AC worked excellent as well which is important in that heat!

The extras this hotel offered were great. The "trifecta of freebies" that I always look for in a hotel were there: Parking, Wifi & Breakfast (Which was full american-style and excellent!)

We didn't have much interaction with the staff, but from what we did they were friendly and helpful.

We tried out the pool on our last day for an hour (we're beach people lol) and it was nice.

As for the flaws, they were generally minor:

-Elevator service was very slow and many guests were often using it at the same time. One of the elevators was down for a portion of our stay, but even when they were both working it was still not the more efficient experience.

-We only elected for room cleaning on one of the days, and we found that while it was satisfactory, it was not a "full-cleaning" and more of a tidy up. We didn't follow-up about this however as we didn't really mind, and I'm confident that if it was an issue, one phone call would be all it would take to sort out.

-We got up early for breakfast (7:30-8) each day, and while the breakfast was excellent, it was often not replenished as fast as needed, mainly for hot-items.

All-in-all this was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel not only for brief stop-overs, but also for extended stays in the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks for your feedback! Please come back and see us soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Really felt like just another number next door at the Hilton Garden Inn so I move across the street. And was glad I did. Manager's reception was great and so was the complimentary breakfast (take that, HGI). Although I didn't reserve a 6:30 shuttle to the airport, when it left at 6:25, the staff chased it down across the street to wait for me. Close to airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WOW thanks for all the feedback! The Homewood brand prides itself on our Evening Dinner so I'm pleased that it was everything we strive to provide to our guests. Please come back and see us soon. Althought it's hot in Tampa our pool is nice and cool! Take care and safe travels in the future.
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed at hotel for 7 nights and it was excellent. The service and the staff were exceptional. The manager was named Kendall and she was superb. Was very pleasant and courtious and accomodating to all your needs. The rooms were clean and the housekeeping was top notch.
The location was excellent to get anywhere in tampa or to get to the beaches of clearwater and st pete. I would stay there everytime i am in Tampa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your feedback! Kendall rocks! She actually is a Homewood Suites Spirit Award winner and takes Guest Service very seriously. We look forward to having you come back and see us soon. Thanks again!
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a 2 queen bed suite, with sofa bed in the sitting room. It was extremely spacious and the beds were super comfortable. As we were tired from our flight from London, we ordered room service, which was delivered promptly from the Coast restaurant at the Hilton Garden Inn, next door. It was very tasty. There was comfortable seating outside, where other guests were enjoying a bbq. We did not use the swimming pool, but it looked very inviting. Convenient covered parking was free - and the breakfast choice was varied and good. We had a super night's sleep (air conditioning was excellent). Our only regret is that we only stayed one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback! We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay as well as the great meal at Coast. My staff and I eat there several times a week and it never gets old. The chef changes the menu up quarterly so its always something new and exciting. Thanks again for all the great comments and come back and see us soon.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great for business travelers. Rooms are normally clean, big, and comfortable. Staff is friendly. Nice pool and very nice grounds. Parking can be a challenge if you are out late. Also, cell phone signal is almost non-exsitant. A co worker of mine has AT&T and I have Verizon and none of us had signal. The mall is really close and you have access to cheesecake, of pf changs, brio, and many other restaurants. All in all I will definitely return because in the area, this is the best hotel for the value. Also breakfast is very good and the managers reception is a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the pool for clearer cell phone reception.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thanks for taking the time out to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for the bad cell phone reception. Thats irritating especially if you have important phone calls to make. I would have been more then happy to transfer you to another suite. Please let me know if you will be coming back and I will make every effort to make your stay more efficient and enjoyable.
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived late at night and exhausted but were very pleased with the space and comfort of our one bedroom, two room suite. We left our van at the A-1 garage beside the hotel for ten days while we vacationed in VA. and took advantage of the hotels park and fly option. Service was very good and professional. Cleanliness and upkeep were evident throughout the hotel. The one exception was the next morning their were delivery boxes stacked in the hallway at the rear entrance and the door was blocked open with no one in sight. Convenient, thoughtless and lazy for staff and delivery and not exactly secure! As a manager I would have zero tolerance of that. Pricey for the average family but was a rare treat for my family and I. One of the very best hotels in that area and maybe the best.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms were in excellent shape given the condition I seen of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your feedback. Im glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle and fly package we have available online. It's a great way to save some money when traveling into or out of Tampa International Airport. Please come back and see us soon. Thanks and have a great summer.
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I would say I have been in nicer Homewood Suites but this one was fine. We checked in at night for a one night stay. They only give water to HHoners Gold and Diamond so I felt stiffed as I am only Silver. I have been at other Hilton Brand Hotels that if I asked even as a silver member they would give the water. Try to get a room facing the pool as we checked in late and had a beautiful parking garage view. We walked out to the pool the next day and it did look very nice. Like I sd. we did check in late so I understand. Bathroom and room were clean enough. Breakfast was fine except they served eggs and ham. That is fine if you eat ham but we dont so there was no other meat to choose from. There were 2 kinds of eggs so I thought there should have been 2 breakfast meats.
Overall it was good. Not wowed but worked for a one night stay. Probably would look for another hilton property when I stay again in Tampa.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view. Not the garage special.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments. If I can assist in anyway going forward please contact me directly and I would be happy to help. Thank you

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!