“My favorite home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay, & Go
Ranked #16 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Albuquerque
“My favorite home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family and I stayed here on a recent trip to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens Africa and Adventure Island, and I LOVED it! Like a home away from home (except better), it had everything I wanted & needed to make my stay pleasant: ultra clean two-room suite with especially comfy and luxurious beds, flat screen high-definition tvs in each room, kitchen with full fridge, stovetop, microwave, stocked pans, plates, and glasses, and wonderful huge windows to let the sun shine in the rooms and not have to use artificial lighting. It was so wonderful to come “home” every night, shower in the spacious bathroom, turn down the lights, settle down on the couch, and view our favorite television programming while eating a home-cooked meal prepared with groceries from the nearby Whole Foods Market. We stayed on the fifth floor, and the water pressure was excellent and undiminished by the height.

An environmentally-conscious hotel, it offered single-stream recycle bins (no more having to sort my recyclables like at home!) conveniently placed on every floor next to the elevators, and a completely delicious complimentary breakfast and dinner menu that changed daily. I used the weight room and loved how my treadmill had its own television screen. The weight room itself was sanitary, fully-equipped, well-cooled, and had full-length mirrors for completing my workout with yoga sequences. Lobby personnel were so friendly, helpful, and fun that even my children enjoyed them and smiled.

The pool looked so invited, but we did not use it because we were sooo happy and tired from a full day at the best park we have ever visited – Busch Gardens Africa. I liked the parking structure adjacent to the hotel. It was easy to figure out where to park in the structure that would be closest to the hotel’s well-placed exits and therefore closest to our room. An especially convenient and much-appreciated tip for those of you who like to be well-organized like me: one night, I forgot to lock & alarm our nice rental SUV and realized it only after we got to our room. This might have required taking the stairs or the elevator all the way down to the bottom, then exiting the hotel and walking up a few flights of the parking structure to the car’s location. But I parked adjacent to the hotel and on the same side of our suite, so all I had to do was walk out of our suite two steps, look out the floor’s window where I had a clear visual of the car, and point the key fob at the car to lock it and enable its alarm. Perfect!

At the end of our stay, I loved that all we had to drive, literally, was a short 7 minutes to get to the airport. This took so much of our stress out of traveling, especially with children and a 7:00 am flight. Yet, it was still so well located that it took less than 25 minutes to get to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island.

I love Homewood Suites, and this is the one I will stay at every single time we come back to Tampa.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the same side as the adjacent parking structure for convenience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
I am so pleased that you consider our hotel your "home away from home." It's great to have you and your family stay with us when visiting all the local attractions like Busch Gardens. Homewood Suites Tampa Airport Westshore is centrally located to everything in the Tampa Bay area. It's getting HOT here is Tampa and our pool is great to relax at and enjoy the BBQ facilities. Come back and see us soon!

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights recently. This is a very new and clean hotel near the airport. An excellent choice for staying a couple of nights (but not for a longer vacation).

The good:
-spacious room with a well equipped kitchen corner
-feels very new
-decent American-style breakfast included, also with some simple fresh fruit salad and self-made waffles
-free parking in the adjacent parking garage
-relatively quite despite proximity to the airport

The bad:
-no serious downsides... the place is a bit difficult to find as its very new.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your time providing feedback to everyone visiting TripAdvisor! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay especially the FREE FULL HOT Breakfast we provide to all our guests daily. We look forwrd to your next visit to Tampa FL. Make sure to ask for Mike so I have a chance to meet you personally and thank you for staying with us. Take care!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel is located a stone's throw from the airport and a very short drive to the major malls in Tampa as well as the Raymond James Stadium. If you are located for restaurants or shops within walking distance - this hotel is not for you. What makes this hotel great is the staff. From the desk managers to the maintenance staff they were all very helpful and friendly. We had a fw very minor issues in our room that needed attention and they were attended to very quickly. Rooms are very clean and very useful for either longer stays or for anyone needing a full kitchen. With a AAA rate - this hotel can not be beaten. I might suggest getting the studio as opposed to the one bedroom suite. The rooms are the same size, but the one bedroom is divided by a wall from the living area - making for two much smaller areas. Unless you need privacy from the bedroom for the pull out sofa or need two TVs - get the studio - it feels more spacious than the one bedroom.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I'm so pelased you enjoyed your stay so much. We do our very best to assure every guest has the best experience at Homewood Suites Tampa Westshore. With our hotel being less then a mile away from International Plaza it makes a perfect location for all travelers to stay when visiting Tampa FL. Thank you for staying with us and come back for a visit soon!
Belleville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We love the Homewood Suites and always try to stay there when we can. This one doesn't have quite the choice for breakfast and dinner as some of the others but overall we will always look to stay at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the feedback! We're actually in the process of rolling out some new breakfast options! We hope you can come back soon and stay with us to try them out. If I can do anything else for you please let me know. Thanks again for the feedback.
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had reservations for a one night stay at this hotel prior to embarking on a cruise. I made the reservations through hotels.com and was very specific about needing a 2 bedroom/2 bath room. After some high pressure talk from the agent she said she found one last night meeting my criteria and I booked the room. After telling me the initial price she then tacked on an 85 dollar charge for an extra person and told me it was hotel policy. I made an error in not reading the confirmation carefully and when we got to the hotel we were given a 1 bedroom/1 bath room (for a ridiculous amount of money charged by hotels.com). I was annoyed both at myself and at hotels.com who also told me that I managed to grab the absolute last room in the hotel. My husband went down to the reservation desk and asked if there was anything that could be done. A wonderful employee, with no hesitation, upgraded us to the room we had initially requested with no extra charge. It was an outstanding room, extremely clean and perfect for our needs. Breakfast the next morning was great as well. Amazing how that room magically appeared after being told the hotel was totally booked by hotels.com. Learned my lesson - deal with the hotel directly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and get you into a larger suite. We do our best to WOW our guests every day. Please come back and see us soon. If I can help make any travel plans please call me directly or visit our website. Thanks again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had a nice clean room, AC worked well but a bit on the noisy side, small bathroom vanity for a suite, but liked the kitchen set up. Wished they would have turned on the "ice maker" in the fridg before we arrived (at midnight!) - that would be a useful amenity! Tried to go swimming the next morning at 11:00 a.m. -- pool cleaning duties were still being handled - although the pool opened way earlier!!! Stayed here due to the location of the Tampa Airport (late flights and early flights). It is in a nice area and close to the International Mall where there are lots of good restaurants and stores in the Westshore Area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will make sure to address these comments with our staff. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. We look forward to your next stay here at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Homewood for 4 nights. The rooms were clean and nicely layed out. The service was top notch. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thanks for spending some time and providing feedback on our hotel. Im glad you enjoyed our spacious suites! Its nice to have an area much bigger then your standard hotel room along with a full kitchen and family room area. We hope you travel to Tampa soon and if there is anything you need dont hesitate to give us a call. See you soon!

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!