“Darn near perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
East Coast
“Darn near perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

As soon as I walked through the front doors, I noticed the big smile of Andrea behind the front desk. She was not only friendly, but also accommodating as she was able to secure a room upgrade for me and my family of five. General Manager Mike, please recognize her for her solid performance... my travel-weary family appreciated the upgrade very much!

Breakfast staff helpful, and airport shuttle service fast and efficient. While the rooms are pretty tight, they were clean and modern- and the BEDS ROCK!! So comfortable. The grounds were also nice, and the gas fire lounging area was a delight. Kids loved the pool as well.

Possible improvements? Throw in some bacon or sausage to the Suite start (getting rid of the other "blended creation" next to the potatoes), add to the selection of wine and beer in the pantry and make it reasonably priced! Folks like me (and many others as I found out while chatting outside) would love to pop a cork and socialize out by the fire (we went across the driveway and got some cocktails from the Hilton). Also, please don't forget about the HHonors tier level amenities... I was not provided water or snack or anything upon my arrival.

I am a Diamond member, and stayed here on points. I've been here a couple times before, and will be back again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thanks for the feedback! I will be sure to recognize Andrea with a raffle ticket into our BIG SCREEN TV drawing on June 1st. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback. Wish Andrea luck on the drawing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This hotel was sparkling clean, and looked pretty new. The breakfast was the typical great stuff that Homewood Suites offers. The location was good for us as we dined at International Plaza a couple times and headed to both Tampa and Clearwater. Our only complaint was the size of the living room seemed smaller than usual, especially with the bed open, but that wasn't a big deal. We didn't hear the planes flying overhead at all. So, not a problem for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Were so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Homewood again! Thank you for being loyal to the brand and please let us know if there is ever anything we can be doing better. Come back and see us soon!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Normally I wouldn't write a review, but had to this time. My husband usually finds something wrong with EVERY hotel or condo we visit on vacation.. This time he didn't find ONE THING wrong with this property!! The rooms were so clean, carpet, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens. Hotel staff were wonderful as well. I so enjoyed my weekend stay here. Planning on returning soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We loved this Hotel...first off, the service is top-notch... The Basketball court, the pool, the free breakfast , and most of all, the late afternoon, free-flowing tap on a Thursday afternoon -- priceless...My brothers & I enjoyed this hotel very much...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GMHWSTAMPA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
WOW you got to experience all the extras Homewood has to offer! We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next Brothers Weekend. Don't forget that you can enjoy these great services and amenities at any Homewood Suites across the country. If I can do anything else for you please let me know. Thanks for the time to comment on our hotel.
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Rented a 2 bed/2 bath room here for a couple of days prior to a family cruise. The extra space was welcome and at a pretty decent price. Facilities are immaculate and there is a nice small pool out back along with a fire pit. Location is very close to the airport in a little cluster of hotels including Hilton Garden Inn and Residence Inn. Plenty of free parking in an adjacent garage. There is an Advantage Care Rental place in the same area about a half block away that makes it easy to rent a car at a good rate. Shuttle between the airport and hotel was pretty quick (Homewood uses the A-1 parking shuttle). Staff was super friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was decent but crowded. There are many places to eat nearby via taxi or car rental if you choose.

Room Tip: 2br/2ba are quite large.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We're glad you likes our Two bedroom/Two Bathroom Suite. They are great for large families or guests who like to share with friends or family members. We look forward to your next trip to the Tampa Westshore/Airport area. Have a great day!
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Based on the postive reviews, we bypassed our prior TPA spots, Springhill Suites and the Renaissance. The hotel is clean, comfortable and very well managed. All the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nothing fancy but you were able to use real dishes/flatware as opposed to plastic. The fitness room was small and one of the treadmills was broken but it got the job done. We really enjoyed sitting by the pool and the surroundings were much nicer than either of the other hotels.

Our handicapped room was very tight and wouldn't work well for anyone with a physical disability. The HVAC system was effective and the water pressure was better than average.

We'd return but would probably check the prices of all three hotels and go with the best deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate all the feedback you have provided and hope to see you back soon. If you ever need anything dont hesitate to call me directly. Thanks again!
Commack, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Had a reservation for my family for 3 nights (3/15, 3/16 and 3/17) for a 2 bedroom suite in this hotel. Two days prior to my trip, I received a call from someone from the hotel offering me a reduced rate, but they were only offering me a reduced rate for a one bedroom. I told them No, I wanted the two bedroom and would stick with my reservation. Well, when I try to check in at 1:00 p.m. on 3/15 I am told WE DON'T HAVE YOUR SUITE. I could not believe it. How can I have a reservation and they don't have the suite? They wanted to send me to Main Sail Suites and I told them NO, I don't want to go there, I had chosen the Homewood Suites because of their great reviews. See the reviews from Main Sail Suites (bugs, old decor, needs updating). It's not even a Hilton property. Needless to say I was extremely upset,. They offered me 2 rooms, but I declined. I ended up having to go to another hotel. My family was extremely upset and inconvenienced. THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMERS. I don't care how busy they are. And, if they knew they were not going to honor my reservation, they should have told me TWO DAYS EARLIER when I got the call. I could have made my own alternate reservations. I will never attempt to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for the unfortunate and unforseen circumstances behind your situation. I would have been very upset if I were in your shoes also. We look forward to making up for this during your next stay scheduled in April. Please contact me if you need anything else at all. I apologoze again for the inconvenience and we look forward to seing you very soon.

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!