“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Bournemouth, England
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore

We used this hotel for our first night’s stay in Florida before we set off on our travels. It’s a good hotel. From the receptionist who was friendly and helpful without being over the top to the room which was a good size, had literally everything we could possibly have needed including a little sleep kit of eye mask, ear plugs, lavender spray and a sleep music CD. The bed was big and very comfortable and the bathroom, although on the small size, had a huge walk in shower which was the best I’d every used!! Another little touch I liked was the night light in the bathroom so when I got up in the middle of the night you could see enough in there! The TV was massive and had an excellent picture. Shame my other half just wanted to watch football on it! We had room 601 on the 6th floor and the view out of the floor to ceiling window although just the local area was great. The hotel is near to all fast food outlets and across the street almost to a shopping mall (Westshore Plaza) which had a Macy’s, JC Penny, Sears and . What more could a girl want?! Shame we didn’t have the time to explore more! I would definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, and it is a great deal. The price varies, but if you have a AAA card, then its a steal. Always clean and the furniture is very nice and modern. The front desk service is a little slow, but I guess that is the least of your problems. It is centrally located, you can jump on the highway very easily, malls, shopping, hard rock are all very close. The pool is very nice also. I always enjoy staying here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Stayed here on four different occasions in May 09. All stays were on nighters and all were point break stay. Despite this lowly status I was given very nice rooms on the eleventh floor every single time. All of the rooms were big (one actually was enourmous) and very well equipped - forgot which pic was taken in which room, sorry. Service was very friendly and efficient. Airport shuttle worked perfectly. I even managed to use the nice outdoor pool once - it is big enough to have a decent swim. Gym is a little small but worked for me. Location is good if you are on short stopover. Close to the airport (never heard a plane at night, though!) and right next to the Westshore Mall.

Very nice stays in a crisp new hotel with motivated, friendly staff. Thumps up and keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed 1 night while on roadtrip through Florida and overall had a very good experience. The price was great and the breakfast buffet in the lobby was inexpensive but high quality with very good service. The room was nicely furnished and had the right touches for someone looking for a little extra in a hotel. I didn't explore Tampa so I can't speak to its location but there didn't appear to be much nearby although it was easy to get to St.Petersberg and Clearwater.

Only issue was that the room had been used by a smoker before and they were still cleaning it out so some equipment was left in our room when we arrived. One of the blankets still had a slight smoker's smell to it so we chose not to use it. Given that the rest of the experience was great I'll forgive them for that and would definitely recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night for the Cowboys v. Bucs game.
I was a little worried when I booked it b/c it was inexpensive & thought it might be a dump. When we arrived we upgraded our room to a suite b/c it was only a few dollars more. The hotel overall is very nice, its been renovated, I had no complaints, I would stay there again. It is close to Raymond James Stadium, its about 3.5 miles away.
The happy hour is 40% off drinks.
I recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed here over Labor Day Weekend 2009 and had a wonderful experience. I decided to stay at this hotel due to the proximity to the airport and Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Rays baseball field), the whole reason for my trip. This hotel is 5 minutes from the airport, but I never heard any planes land or take off. I was very happy with the customer service I received and appreciated their hospitality. I was 15 minutes from downtown Tampa and 20 minutes from St. Petersburg where Tropicana Field is located. This hotel is fairly new and it shows, even the sheets smelled new! What I like most about the room was the large shower and having the sink outside of the toliet and shower area. I did eat at the restaurant and the food was pretty good, but how could you mess up chicken fingers. I would highly recommend this hotel and if you are a football fan this hotel is VERY close to Raymond James Stadium where the Tampa Bay Buccaneers play. There is a large mall, with at least one restaurant in it, within walking distance from the hotel, but I would drive to the mall because of the busy area the hotel is in. I hope everyone will have a chance to stay here and Happy Traveling!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We needed to stay a night at a hotel since we had a very early 6am departure the next morning. Found that the Crowne Plaza Westshore had the best rates. Very pleased with the friendly staff upon check-in; very informative as to where to eat in the area. Room was clean, but the only thing about the bathroom was the toilet made a noise when flushed and the shower had what looked like mold in the grout. Other than that, the plush beds made up for it. Westshore Plaza is only down the street if you want to walk around and enjoy some eateries.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!