Stayed here the weekend of August 7th 2009.
On a whole this is a pretty nice hotel. The grounds are well kept up, the pool area is really nice and the pool is heated. There is also a fitness center and a buisness center with computers and a printer if you need it. Location wise it's about a 15 minute drive to ybor city and around 25 minutes to busch gardens. The rooms were clean though the bathrooms were a little small and the sink was in the bathroom which can be inconvenient. There was also no fridge and there was only a shower, no tub. The beds weren't great but weren't bad either. There is a flat screen tv which gets hbo.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful except for when we called to get directions to the hotel. The ones they gave us actually got us more lost if thats possible. My only complaint was the prices for extras. The breakfast buffet was 12 bucks and was pretty basic and the bar charged $5.35 for a bud light which is absurd and with no fridge in the rooms, it makes drinking at the hotel a little more difficult.
All in all a quality establishment
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.