“Great check in- then downhill” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
port st lucie florida
“Great check in- then downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Check in was great,friendly staff. Internet ad mention free breakfast for priority club members.which I am. They didn't know anything about that but offered a free room upgrade to a Cabana Suite. Ok, great accepted that.The Cabana Suite however was on the second floor with high narrow windows near the ceiling,like slits. So no view and a bunker like atmosphere. Dimly lit. Room was clean,but air conditioner was right next to the bed and was so noisy when it ran I finally got up and shut it off. Sink stopper did not close properly so wouldn't hold water for shaving. We were awakened around 2:30 by all the drunks leaving the downstairs bar and standing around directy below our room. I finally called the front desk and eventually maybe 20 minutes later they finally left.The last straw was being in the flight pattern for Tampa airport. So starting at 6 am flights overhead every 5-10 minutes.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the Cabana Suite upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay with us and for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club Member. I'm so glad you found that our staff was great but I apologize that we missed the opportunity to wow you with our product. Our cabana suites are very spacious but they do have a great view of the pool instead of the water like our tower rooms. We would love to have you stay with us again so please let us know when you will be in town so we can show you what else we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you soon!

amanda.keyes@crowneplazatampa.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our stay got off to a really good start - warm friendly welcome from Lena on the front desk, who provided loads of information/advice throughout our stay. Upgraded to a suite (recognition of platinum status in hotel chain's loyalty programme).
The suite was spacious - well furnished and overlooked the pool. Really appreciated the double size shower. Only 1 criticism of the room - it lacks a room safe, which I thought was a standard feature in hotels nowadays.
The swimming pool is a fantastic size - warm water and at sometimes it seemed I almost had exclusive use of it! A really good feature situated in a secluded courtyard.
Had breakfast every day - good spread with excellent friendly service.
Having been out, we returned one day to find that the room had not been serviced - the maid left a standard letter saying this was due to the "privacy sign" being left on the door despite us having removed it late morning before we left the hotel for the day and before the maid left the letter! I have to say that the hotel dealt with this complaint in an exemplary manner - the room was serviced immediately and we were offered complimentary drinks in the bar for the inconvenience. Top marks to Rose of housekeeping for her efforts in putting matters right and her focus on customer service.
Throughout our stay, we experienced excellent serice from all staff - would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We love upgrading our Platinum IHG Rewards Members when available, and are so glad you were able to experience the cabana suite! The pool is always a favorite spot for our guests because you feel as if you are at a resort even if you are on a business trip. Thank you for sharing the names of the staff that stood out to you; we will definitely recognize them as outstanding associates. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a corporate training. We called the hotel from the airport and within 15 minutes we were picked up. Butch--our shuttle driver was welcoming and made sure that were aware that if we needed recommendations regarding restaurant options while we were in the area that we should ask. We checked in with Jeffrey who was also extremely friendly. The next evening we again had the pleasure of having Butch as our driver. We had a few questions and Jorge was extremely helpful. He came to our rescue again when the printer in the business center wasn't working. Other staff members we came into contact with were friendly and eager to please.

It seems as if the hotel was recently remodeled and the decor is eye catching. However the hotel should request that the company they hired to do the painting and tile come back and do the job right. The sloppy finishes make the hotel seem dirty. Which is unfortunate as the staff deserves to have an awesome looking hotel to represent with the quality service they are giving.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide the best customer service to all our guests and I'm so glad that Butch, Jeffrey, and Jorge were able to assist you! It's great to have the guest's perspective and we will make sure your comments are reviewed by management. Thank you again for your glowing review of our staff and services; we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Hicksville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here August 20th thru the 23rd. I brought my daughter to college and stayed a few days. Check in was easy, thanking me for being a priority member, nice note from assistant manager in room with little mints. The room was spotless and decorating very nice. The beds were so comfortable. Fully stocked bathroom nice towels. My request of being by the elevator was given and I always appreciate that. The pool was nice and clean. I sat there one morning reading, very peaceful noone around. I did have breakfast one morning, it was good, staff very attentive. This hotel is very close to the airport-TPA. A lot of business people were staying here. Very close to all stores, convienant to all. Would definitely stay here again! Staff was always so helpful and nice! The only thing was I wish they had more tv channels

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate how detailed your comments were and are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to exceed your expectations in every department! We are currently working on our TV channel selection so next time you visit there should be more channels. We look forward to having you back!

Warm Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

From the moment we walked into the lobby, I loved the place. The front desk clerk was very courteous and explained everything to us. It was speedy and nice. Our room was wonderful and even though there was not much of a view in the front it was still nice being on the 8th floor. I am always skeptical till I check out the bathroom and it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the wifi worked great. Very roomy room. We had the king size bed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, if you have family with you or just a nice vacation spot. The Mojito club that is in the hotel was very nice and the food was good. This hotel is located right across the street from the mall. There is also a nice Jazz spot next door. The shuttle service is also very good. NO complaints from me on this review and I do alot of traveling and take plenty of pics. I give it to you straight, the good the bad and the ugly. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!! Oh and the pool is awesome!!! I took my first swimming lessons in it and now I think I am a pro. lol

Room Tip: For a great view, as for a room on the pool side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow, what a glowing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you got to enjoy our helpful staff, your room, and Mojito! Our resort style pool is the highlight of our leisure traveler’s vacation. Thanks for sharing your first swimming lesson with us; I'm sure you are a pro now! We look forward to your next visit!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We arrived in a very bad storm and as we reached the shuttle transfer it had just departed.
We hopped in a taxi - flat rate us$15 and got to the hotel in approx 10 mins.
There was a short wait at checkin and we were given our room.
Large room, nice comfy bed - we were offered a choice and good amenities in the bathroom.
The bar and "happy hour" was super. The guy who was tending was brilliant - promoted the happy hour foods and we ended up eating there. For an "airport hotel" this represented amazing value for money. (And if the bartender had not told us we would not have known)
There was a nice pool - couldn't try it because of the weather.
Great location for airport and port.

• Stayed September 2013
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. Our proximity to the port and airport is great for our business and leisure travelers. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our happy hour specials. It's a shame that you missed out on the pool, but now you have a reason to come back! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!

Best Regards,
Williamstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I see another reviewer has recently posted about our recent gathering at this hotel. First, I'll comment on the room. I had a suite on the second floor near the pool which was very nice. The room was well-kept and the decor is up-to-date. I think some of the reviewers may be right about the walls not being well-soundproofed, but fortunately, I had no immediate neighbors so I slept fine. The bigger problem noise-wise was the air conditioner which was kind of loud (did it really need to be in the bedroom so close to the bed? even smaller hotels have them farther away). Some people have commented that they didn't like the small windows in the suite's bedroom; they didn't really bother me and I tend to be claustrophobic. The bedroom's spaciousness makes up for it.

As the other reviewer has said, though, the handling of our convention was sub-par. There was another convention next door with club music blaring routinely making it hard for us to have our convention. And there were issues with the banquet afterwards (appetizers served late, no microphone for awards presentation, etc.). I thought the chicken dish was good, though.

Staff was all very nice and helpful - no problems in the service department at all.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 245 facing the pool - it was far away from the main building so it was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate how detailed your comments are about your experience in the cabana suite. I apologize that we missed an opportunity regarding the conference; your comments have been discussed with management. However, I'm glad you enjoyed the interaction with our staff as we pride ourselves on our superior level of service. We hope that you will join us again soon!

amanda.keyes@crowneplazatampa.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!