Our stay got off to a really good start - warm friendly welcome from Lena on the front desk, who provided loads of information/advice throughout our stay. Upgraded to a suite (recognition of platinum status in hotel chain's loyalty programme).
The suite was spacious - well furnished and overlooked the pool. Really appreciated the double size shower. Only 1 criticism of the room - it lacks a room safe, which I thought was a standard feature in hotels nowadays.
The swimming pool is a fantastic size - warm water and at sometimes it seemed I almost had exclusive use of it! A really good feature situated in a secluded courtyard.
Had breakfast every day - good spread with excellent friendly service.
Having been out, we returned one day to find that the room had not been serviced - the maid left a standard letter saying this was due to the "privacy sign" being left on the door despite us having removed it late morning before we left the hotel for the day and before the maid left the letter! I have to say that the hotel dealt with this complaint in an exemplary manner - the room was serviced immediately and we were offered complimentary drinks in the bar for the inconvenience. Top marks to Rose of housekeeping for her efforts in putting matters right and her focus on customer service.
Throughout our stay, we experienced excellent serice from all staff - would certainly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.