“Great Vacation Spot” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

From the moment we walked into the lobby, I loved the place. The front desk clerk was very courteous and explained everything to us. It was speedy and nice. Our room was wonderful and even though there was not much of a view in the front it was still nice being on the 8th floor. I am always skeptical till I check out the bathroom and it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the wifi worked great. Very roomy room. We had the king size bed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, if you have family with you or just a nice vacation spot. The Mojito club that is in the hotel was very nice and the food was good. This hotel is located right across the street from the mall. There is also a nice Jazz spot next door. The shuttle service is also very good. NO complaints from me on this review and I do alot of traveling and take plenty of pics. I give it to you straight, the good the bad and the ugly. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!! Oh and the pool is awesome!!! I took my first swimming lessons in it and now I think I am a pro. lol

Room Tip: For a great view, as for a room on the pool side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow, what a glowing review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you got to enjoy our helpful staff, your room, and Mojito! Our resort style pool is the highlight of our leisure traveler’s vacation. Thanks for sharing your first swimming lesson with us; I'm sure you are a pro now! We look forward to your next visit!

428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We arrived in a very bad storm and as we reached the shuttle transfer it had just departed.
We hopped in a taxi - flat rate us$15 and got to the hotel in approx 10 mins.
There was a short wait at checkin and we were given our room.
Large room, nice comfy bed - we were offered a choice and good amenities in the bathroom.
The bar and "happy hour" was super. The guy who was tending was brilliant - promoted the happy hour foods and we ended up eating there. For an "airport hotel" this represented amazing value for money. (And if the bartender had not told us we would not have known)
There was a nice pool - couldn't try it because of the weather.
Great location for airport and port.

• Stayed September 2013
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. Our proximity to the port and airport is great for our business and leisure travelers. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our happy hour specials. It's a shame that you missed out on the pool, but now you have a reason to come back! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!

Williamstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I see another reviewer has recently posted about our recent gathering at this hotel. First, I'll comment on the room. I had a suite on the second floor near the pool which was very nice. The room was well-kept and the decor is up-to-date. I think some of the reviewers may be right about the walls not being well-soundproofed, but fortunately, I had no immediate neighbors so I slept fine. The bigger problem noise-wise was the air conditioner which was kind of loud (did it really need to be in the bedroom so close to the bed? even smaller hotels have them farther away). Some people have commented that they didn't like the small windows in the suite's bedroom; they didn't really bother me and I tend to be claustrophobic. The bedroom's spaciousness makes up for it.

As the other reviewer has said, though, the handling of our convention was sub-par. There was another convention next door with club music blaring routinely making it hard for us to have our convention. And there were issues with the banquet afterwards (appetizers served late, no microphone for awards presentation, etc.). I thought the chicken dish was good, though.

Staff was all very nice and helpful - no problems in the service department at all.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 245 facing the pool - it was far away from the main building so it was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate how detailed your comments are about your experience in the cabana suite. I apologize that we missed an opportunity regarding the conference; your comments have been discussed with management. However, I'm glad you enjoyed the interaction with our staff as we pride ourselves on our superior level of service. We hope that you will join us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property has gone thru a complete renovation/re-invention. Not only is the property spectacular but the folks who work here are super friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite outside near the pool. At first, I was a little surprised as I hadn't stayed in a room with an outside access in quite awhile. But wow, when you open the door, you are blown away with an amazing leather couch, huge TV, nice working desk area, chair, etc. Very nice and upscale. The bath area has beautiful floor tiles, upscale sink and plenty of room. And the shower was terrific. Then you still have a large separate bedroom with small high window which is great for nice dark room while sleeping

But it's the people who make this place great. We spent some time in the lounge and the food and atmosphere were more like a club than any hotel bar I've visited. We also discovered the hotels best hidden gem in Samantha, the bartender several evenings we were there. She was very friendly, helpful with suggestions on where to go, so upbeat.

Front desk were friendly, remembered our names (I wish I could remember the name of the gentleman who was working the holiday weekend - he was really terrific and always said hello). Bellman was so friendly and fun to talk to and so was the restaurant staff.

Pool area was beautiful as was the outdoor lounge area and fountain.

Just can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is, great location, just can't beat it no matter what your needs are.

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to a suite, go for it. Didn't see what a regular room was like but th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful comments with us about your recent stay! Eric, Samantha, and the rest of our staff are what make us successful. I'm so glad you were able to experience how they go above and beyond for each one of our guests. Thank you again for given such a detailed review. This will help future leisure and business travelers know where to stay when they come to Tampa.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a small club convention at this hotel. The hotel staff was overwhelmingly nice and accommodating. Our ball room/meeting room was next door to another meeting and their noise made conversation impossible in our room. Our dinner function, also in the ballroom, was badly put together... we ordered appetizers for our cocktail reception, which were served after the dinner started. There was no microphone for the large room, and the AV department was closed for the weekend. Service and food were lacking. SO unfortunately, good hotel for the price, NOT such a good meeting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your recent stay. It's great to hear that the staff was so accommodating to you and your needs throughout the weekend. I would like to sincerely apologize for the opportunities we missed regarding the banquet services. There was a last minute change made by the group leader and all food preparation was pushed up by one hour. We consistently exceed our guests expectations in every department and hope that you will give us a chance to show you that in the future.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Needed a hotel for a night prior to flying out of Tampa, and decided to book this hotel due to it's proximity and shuttle to the airport. From the minute I arrived, I cant think of a single thing to complain about or nit pick on. Check in staff were very friendly and helpful, the shuttle driver was just as friendly and helpful, the rooms were spotless and modern, and the price I paid was great. The hotel is just across from the Westshore Plaza Mall, five minutes from the International Plaza Mall, and about five minutes from the airport. This area of Tampa doesnt really cater to tourists, so I'm not sure this hotel would be ideal for tourists staying in the area looking for a beach location, but it's absolutely great for anybody on business in the area or looking for a great hotel prior to flying out of TPA. I look forward to staying there again on my next flight out of the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your recent stay! We are so glad you left with such a positive view of our hotel. Our shuttle is extremely convenient for our business and leisure travelers. Next time you are here we can take you to a small beach area that is within our shuttle range or arrange transportation for you to the beaches on the Gulf. We look forward to your next stay with us and thanks again for the great review!

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This weekend, my husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We had the most wonderful time and were amazed at the quality of service this hotel provided us. It was our first anniversary and the staff made us feel extremely welcome. We were delighted by a bottle of wine and a cheese and fruit plate in our room (which was upgraded to suite!). I have worked in customer service for a good part of my life and have never encountered the quality of service the staff provided us. Some of the staff members which made our stay very special included Butch, the driver, and Samantha and Bry from Mojitos. Our first anniversary was one we will never forget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for celebrating your wedding anniversary with us! We are so glad we were able to "wow" you and make it a memorable experience. Our staff loves to go above and beyond for our guests. It's great you were able to see that level of service from our driver, Butch and the girls in Mojito. We wish you all the best and look forward to having you back soon!

Warm Regards,
amanda.keyes@crowneplazatampa.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!