I see another reviewer has recently posted about our recent gathering at this hotel. First, I'll comment on the room. I had a suite on the second floor near the pool which was very nice. The room was well-kept and the decor is up-to-date. I think some of the reviewers may be right about the walls not being well-soundproofed, but fortunately, I had no immediate neighbors so I slept fine. The bigger problem noise-wise was the air conditioner which was kind of loud (did it really need to be in the bedroom so close to the bed? even smaller hotels have them farther away). Some people have commented that they didn't like the small windows in the suite's bedroom; they didn't really bother me and I tend to be claustrophobic. The bedroom's spaciousness makes up for it.
As the other reviewer has said, though, the handling of our convention was sub-par. There was another convention next door with club music blaring routinely making it hard for us to have our convention. And there were issues with the banquet afterwards (appetizers served late, no microphone for awards presentation, etc.). I thought the chicken dish was good, though.
Staff was all very nice and helpful - no problems in the service department at all.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.