“Loved the Kurig” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Loved the Kurig”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Crowne Plaza Westshore in Tampa. I loved that there was a kurig in the room (Only wish there were two regular and no decaf). The hotel staff was friendly and personable. Elle was great and welcoming when we checked in after our flight came in late and suggested somewhere we could grab a quick bite. The location of the Crowne plaza was right downtown and there were plenty of food options. The rooms were clean and up- to date. The room seemed to have modern decorations. The bed was pretty comfortable and the comfortable was very Fluffy! I loved all the relaxing sleep extras they had by the bed! There was a calming lotion and face balm to put on with chamomile smells- I believe. From our room we could see the bay- So we had the best of two worlds downtown and the water! I could not imagine a better location and better service! I was so impressed I would definitely stay there again. The breakfast downstairs was a great and quick too (Elle suggested we eat there instead of going out for breakfast when we checked in)! Check out was a breeze too- the bill was under our door with an itemized list of what we spent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for that glowing review of your recent stay with us! We are thrilled you were able to utilize all the amenities of the hotel and that Elle provided excellent service. Our Executive Level Rooms do have an amazing view with many additional amenities. Our sleep amenity kit and bedding makes for an amazing night of sleep! We hope that you will be returning to the area soon to enjoy more relaxation!

amanda.keyes@crowneplazatampa.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Lower Keys, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Perhaps is it the fact that I booked my room using a website that allows you to name your price.. I don't know, but.. this is the very first time that I had to pay an extra to have a fridge installed in my room..!! Carrying perishable food, I looked for one as soon as entering the room.. nothing. The empty space was obviously usually occupied by a fridge, but not this time. Called the reception, explain my situation (thinking they'll move me to another room), but the person I had on the phone surprised me.. "No problem, Sir, we can take care of this for you, we can rent you one..".
I'm still smiling, when thinking about it.. and sure enough, a kind housekeeper showed up few minutes later, telling me that it was depending on the type of room...
So anyway, make a long story short.. nice hotel, nice swimming pool, nice room, etc etc, but seriously...5 bucks for a fridge..??? Really..??? Am I gonna have to rent the bed, next time..???

Room Tip: Bring your own fridge.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us as we greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel during your stay and I apologize you were not furnished with a complimentary refrigerator. We will make sure your suggestion is communicated to the department head for further review. Please contact me directly for any further questions. We do hope to see you back in the near future!

Augusta, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Westshore does an excellent job hosting conference meetings. This year we booked the Ballroom West along with four breakout rooms. The planning and execution of the conference went flawlessly again this year, which is why we are repeat customers. Debra Desmond has been an outstanding resource to work with planning these events. All attendees were appreciative of the hotel, and the professionalism from all of their staff.

Room Tip: Cabana suites are great if there for business. Large enough to be able to do work in the front.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Ladd,

What a wonderful review about your recent conference! Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with us. Debra is an amazing sales manager and we are so grateful she was able to take such great care of your group. We look forward to seeing you and your team again soon.

Sales Coordinator
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Service in the bar was excellent and Samantha made it very special with her can do attitude and her pretty smile...

The only bad experience that I had was when I got to my room and there was a Big roach in the bedroom... When I call the front desk the lady told me this is Florida and when it rains the come out...So my thinking to the answer she gave me is that I should expect to see a roach in my room.
I cancel my room that my company book for me at a different hotel, because of my loyalty to Crowne Plaza Hotels where I'm a Platinum Elite and pay for the room out of my own pocket..

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate the feedback from our guests and take every comment seriously. We now have the opportunity to correct the experience you had on your last visit. Samantha is an asset to our team and I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in Mojito. Lastly, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to our Crowne Plaza brand and IHG Rewards Club. It is amazing to hear that you still stay with us despite having to pay on your own. Please contact us directly if you have any further questions. We look forward to having you back next time you are in Tampa.

keyesamanda@crowneplazatampa.com
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Crowne Plaza hosted our mini family reunion during the weekend of July 19-21, 2013 and they offered superior service starting with Sharon and Jessica in sales and catering and ending with Eric at the front desk. We booked 4 cabana suites and several guest rooms and everyone gave high marks from the time we arrived until we departed. I stayed in a cabana suite and it was so nice. The bed was comfortable, the room was huge, like a small apartment and the microwave and refrigerator came in handy. I reached out to several hotels in the area, but the Crowne Plaza staff stood out among the rest. They provided great follow-up, they worked with our budget and they met our needs. I remember when we arrived we were greeted with a friendly welcome by Eric and he was also there to say goodbye. He made us feel like this was a place we wanted to return to because of his warm and inviting personality. Kudos to the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westhore. We may just come back next year with a larger group.

Room Tip: Book a cabana suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting these detailed comments about your recent experience here at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore. It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us for the long weekend and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed it! Our cabana rooms are definitely a must when enjoying a relaxing stay with family, so it's great you were able to take advantage of all that they offer. Eric, Sharon, and Jessica are amazing at what they do and I am so glad they exceeded your expectations! We can't wait to hear from you about your reunion next year!

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Used this hotel for 2 nights at start of July, it was the Monday and Tuesday of the 4th July week so perhaps that explains why hotel was quiet. The rooms are furnished to a very high standard and are very comfortable. The bar in this hotel is very impressive and very comfortably furnished. HotelIs situated close to Westshore mall and is a good base if you are unfamiliar with roads in area with access to many of the major roads outside hotel. Breakfast was ok as was the pool area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you were able to spend the 4th of July weekend with us! It's great you were able to take advantage of our convenient location for shopping and highway access. We look forward to seeing you back for another visit in the near future!

Best Regards,
Harrison, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

When I walked into my room, I saw hardly any wall outlets and the ones on the lamp were loose. The glass covering a light was broken. Things were a little shabby and I thought, Oh no, here we go. But the staff made up for all the weaknesses in the physical plant. They were cheerful, personable, helpful and friendly. Good service totally trumps shabby things! Thanks to you all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us about your stay. I am so glad our staff was able to turn around your negative first impression of our hotel! I sincerely apologize that you felt the accommodations were shabby. We want your stay to be flawless regarding the room, accommodations, and service so we will make sure to improve upon the weaknesses you mentioned. Thank you again for your comments; we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

amanda.keyes@crowneplazatampa.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!