While being up there on business, I chose this hotel because of its close proximity to my meetings since they were offsite. While the property overall was ok, I have to ding it some because it appeared to be in a state of remodeling and there was nothing to indicate that remodeling. On the floor where we stayed the hallways were dimly lit and it gave somewhat of an eerie feeling. Also apparently some work was being done on the ceiling of our particular floor because the ceiling tiles were partially exposed.
Inside the room the curtains looked very worn out and inside the closet some poor patchwork was done to cover up a small hole in there.
It was nice that we had a fridge in the room because on a couple of nights we brought food back to the room and were able to store it there.
The internet connection at the hotel was shotty at best (I do not know if this was because we were in a corner or if other factors played in) but on a placard it said that only rooms on floors 3,4, and 11 had hardwired access the rest had to deal with the wireless internet.
Parking was another main issue, we were in a constant rat race to get back to the hotel on time to secure a parking space in front otherwise it was taken by people coming to Mojito's. While it was a nice establishment, Mojito's should have dedicated parking (considering there is an empty parking lot next door and a garage on the other side).
Would I stay here again, perhaps but for what is supposed to be rated a four star hotel, there is lots to be left decided...
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.