We booked the Crowne Plaza Westshore for two nights prior to our NCL cruise out of Tampa. The location is perfect, close to the airport and beaches. We used the entertainment card and booked a cabana suite for $100 per night. The cabana suites were perfect for my family including two kids, 12 and 15yo. The suite, number 345, was huge, and the shower amazing. The king bed was comfy, but as others stated, the sheets do not fit the bed! Not sure why they don't buy proper sheets. The sofa bed was very comfy, not the kind with the metal bar under your back, but a nice memory foam mattress. The suite was not exactly the cleanest, there was some dried up drippy stuff behind the door, tape on the ceiling and cobwebs above the door. I informed the receptionist upon checkout. The only problem I had with suite was this noise at night. I am not sure if it was another ac unit or what, but it was a dull humming noise. It didn't bother my husband, but I ended up sleeping with my daughter on the sofabed. I didn't hear it the first night, only the second night. It may have been from Mojitos, but I am not sure.
The pool was large and heated. Nice lounge chairs and tables. Other then the unsupervised 6yo boys who were very loud and who set up their towels right behind my lounger, it was nice.
We ate at Mojitos one night for dinner during happy hour. For $5 you pick from a varitey of appetizers, all were yummy. My husband ordered steak on a skewer, and although it was not on the appetizer menu, the size was not meal size. Everything we ate was very good.
We had rented a car from Alamo so we did not use the shuttle provided. We drove to Honeymoon state park and the Westshore Plaza Mall which is within walking distance. Renting from Alamo allowed us to drop the car off at the Westin Harbor Island and be shuttled by Alamo for free to the port. Great perk from Alamo. The car only cost $119 for 2 days.
The staff we came in contact with at Crowne Plaza was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel for its location and suites, if you don't mind a bit of loud music. Our friends stayed in the tower building on the 10th floor on saturday night and could hear Mojitos music. This is a night club on friday and saturday nights. The speakers they brought in while we were having dinner were about 5' tall. Crowne Plaza needs to decide if it wants to be a hotel or a night club, as it can interfere with guests sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.