Needed a room for one night pre-cruise. Got in late evening on day prior to departure so weren't able to utilize any amenties other than the room.
Most impressed with the service starting with the shuttle from the airport. Called the hotel for pick-up and they were there minutes after we retrieved our luggage. Had a bit of a mix-up on beds (wanted 2 doubles/queens versus 1 king) and couldn't switch rooms as hotel was full. Jorge went out of his way to find a cot for our daughter. Next morning, shuttle driver (Bob?) dropped us off at his favourite restaurant for Easter breakfast and picked us up an hour and a half later. Hotel also made arrangements for us for Blue One shuttle to the cruise terminal. Great service!
Room was very nice - clean, spacious and modern (flat screen, free wifi, work station). Bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated - very nice walk-in shower with rain showerhead. Only thing the room needs to complete it is a mini fridge.
Can't beat the location. About a 10 minute drive from the airport, about a 15 minute drive to the cruise terminal and less than a 10 minute walk from the WestShore Plaza (great stores and restaurants).
Definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again on our next visit to Tampa.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.