“Nice place!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Munster, Indiana
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We only stayed one night, needing somewhere close to the airport. This worked very well for us. We had a room on the 9th floor, which was quiet, clean, the bed comfortable and the room size generous. The staff member at the reception desk was courteous. The waitstaff in the restaurant were pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you don't mind water bugs I think the hotel and room are great. The rooms were well cleaned daily, the hotel staff were great, the beds and linins were comfy, hotel is a short ride to the airport, and breakfast was satisfactory. Now the only issue I encountered...

During my stay I stayed in one of the Cabana suites on the first floor. Unfortunately every night I would hear light movements along or in the wall which I assumed were some the numerous water bugs I've found daily throughout my stay. I called the front desk and notified them of the problem, and they transferred me to a superviosor who stated they could move me the next available evening (a Wednesday night). When I showed up Wednesday night, they had no record of me switching rooms and they could not move me until the following week because everything was booked.

In conclusion, if you do decide to stay here don't stay on the first floor if you can't deal with the water bugs.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor in the Cabana Suites
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Santo Domingo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I found a very good deal using LMT Club, and even though the breakfast wasn't included I decided to use it because it was conveniently located near to airport and other main places that I needed to go because it's in the center of the city.

I went to Tampa to take an exam in the University of Tampa, and Crowne Plaza is around 5 to 10 minutes away. So for me was great, and it's also 5 to 7 minutes away from the airport but what I loved is that isn't that closed that you hear the planes.

It's also close to Ybor City, which is a great place to enjoy very good foods and drinks, and the buildings amazing.

The hotel was very clean, the staff was very welcoming and friendly. I arrived late because a delay in the airport, and I received my bedroom as soon as I arrived. They have a very nice restaurant/bar called "Mojito", that many people from the city goes there to hang out. I ate there, and the service was excellent, the food was good although I think it was a lil bit expensive).

The hotel has a very nice pool, I didn't use it but I was crazy to use it. I was confused about the gym, because it seemed that it's required to pay $7.00/day, but you should ask because I forgot to do it.

They have free Internet and parking.

What I didn't like is that at least my bedroom didn't have a refrigerator, and most of the hotels have one (and for the daily rate they should). Also, the standard bedroom with two beds, the beds aren't size Queen, but Full. This won't matter if the two people will sleep separately, but in my case there weren't bedrooms available with 1 King bed, so they gave me a standard room with two beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Whiteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Upon arrival was pleasantly surprised by upgrade to a very nice Suite (as a Priority Club Platinum Member) with view of the pool. During business I had to travel back and forth to St. Petersburg. After staying in mediocre hotels in St. Petersburg on previous trips I decided to try the Crowne nearest to the airport. The workout room was small but at least there were free weights. The restaurant onsite had good food which kept me from having to drive around searching for a restaurant. I will be staying here again in a few weeks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed at a number of crowne plazas and they are inconsistent. This one seemed renovated but not done well. The window covering was a translucent pull shade that fit with a sleek modern theme but it didn't block the light. It was so bad I had to say something. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was adequate but my experience of the facility was more in line with a budget motel rather than an upscale property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Michael C,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the bed.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the window covering. We will look at this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel was okay. The rooms were fine although varied greatly in style and size at the same price point. The front desk staff were slow to help and not very friendly while doing so. The shuttle drivers and bar staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in contrast. Also the banquet food wasn't very good as opposed to the bar restaurant food which was delicious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear eestell,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our apologies for the service you encountered at the front desk and the food in our banquet room did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. Rest assured that your feedback will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Prior Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wrong beds, were told there were no king's available. Sheets were so scratchy they left marks. Loud a/c units, but you had to use it as the room was so stuffy. The toilets were loud, we got to listen to ours as well as our neighbors for a long time as they ran on and on. Loud loud loud from the Mohito lounge on Saturday night. Numerous complaints did nothing, at 0130 my husband finally stormed down there only to be told that they would be quiet in an hour but they could give us another room if we wanted to pack up and move. I was so glad to be out of there we went to the airport 2 hours earlier than necessary just to get away.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not over the bar/lounge
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear AnnTed4,

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!