“Great Service....Gorgeous View” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa
“Great Service....Gorgeous View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to stay here the weekend before New Year's
Eve....and loved it. I was immediately greeted with a big smile, and check in was quick and painless. When I arrived at my room on the 10th Floor, the view I had was absolutely gorgeous. The room was spotless, roomy and very modern....and the bathroom was amazing. I ordered a meal via room service, and the service was excellent and the food delicious. Check out was a breeze, and once again was greeted with a smile. My overall experience was extremely positive... and I will gladly stay here again in the future. Thanks to all at the Crowne Plaza Tampa

• Stayed December 2012
CPTW5303, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for your thoughful review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that our staff, room accommodations and room service experience made a positive impact on your stay. It is feedback such as yours that helps other travelers decide where to stay when in the Tampa Bay area.

Once again, thank you for your review and for staying at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,

Melissa Golub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the CP Tampa Westshore last december. We spent two nights at this hotel in our way to Orlando.
The hotel is clean, well appointed and well furbished.
The staff is polite.
We asked for a room in their "quiet floor" as I am really sensitive to noise, and we got one straight away.
The location is great, very close to the airport, and also to malls and stores.
You don't have to pay extra to get access to their wifi internet, and also to park your car, which I found very handy.
The parking lot was never crowded, and we always managed to park our car next to the entrance.
The only con I'd mention is that you don't have a fridge/microwave in the room.
We had some leftovers from dinner which we would like to store for lunch the next day, and although they kept it in the fridge for me, they wouldn't heat it. I had to rent a microwave just to heat a box of food.They charged me US$ 5, but still. It would be much appreciated if they've done it for free, as I was departing the next morning.
But all in all, it was a nice stay, and we would come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in their quiet floor if you are sensitive to noise. The floor is indeed very quiet.
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear your had a great trip which started at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore. Our hotel does offer many amenities as you have mentioned in your review. Unfortunately our standard rooms are not equipped with a microwave and refrigerator; however we do have several suite rooms which come with both items. Upon your next visit, please keep our suite rooms in mind as it may be the best fit for your travel needs.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay as your feedback means a great deal to our team and future hotel guests. We hope to see you upon your next trip to Tampa.

Best Regards,

Melissa Golub
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service was mediocre, food (breakfast was very costly for what was being offered). there was no member lounge available. The actual room was rather small for what is usually offered by other Crowne Plaze Hotels. Furthermore they did not aknowledge frequent stayer status at the hotel chain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear halliod,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Whenever I'm in Tampa I stay at the Crowne Plaza on Kennedy. Joe the GM runs a great hotel and his staff is excellent. It's very convenient to everything and the staff is very friendly and make you feel at home and they handle any request quickly and efficiently. It's very clean and well appointed. The service is outstanding and I would recommend to any of friends or business associates.
Thank you Jorge for you great service!

• Stayed January 2013
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Several staff of my company stayed in this hotel for a conference Jan. 11-13. I was on the 4th floor. Hotel was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and shuttle service was quick to/from the airport as well as local malls and restaurants. We had our conference in the business rooms and the staff were wonderful about keeping the area clean and picking up empty glasses/plates from the attendees tables. The food was good and the room setup worked well. The pool area was large and clean. We didn't have time to swim but the pool looked nice. We had a party at Mojitos with drink tickets and the service was pretty quick. I would recommend this hotel to businesses for a conference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night in late December. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and our room was clean and comfortable. Because we flew to Tampa and had several delays along the way, we decided to eat a quick meal and have a drink at Mojitos before going to bed. The wings and hummus were both delicious! Breakfast in the morning was also quite good. We usually have good experiences with Crowne Plaza hotels, and this was no exception. We would stay here again!

Lady Lake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This Hotel is listed as a 3.5 star hotel on most travel sites. The rooms are very small and the hotel is old and one can see that. The closet is tiny, and I could not imagine spending a long vacation there. Although it has been pretty well maintained, and has a very nice outdoor area in the back by the pool, I was not impressed at all. I have stayed at the Hilton on Westshore, the Hyatt Place, and Sheraton Suites and all are far better in my opinion. This is a bit off the path as well and not really walkable on Westshore. I have seen very good reviews but I must disagree. I would choose a 3 or 2.5 star Hyatt, Springhill, ect. over this. Overall, I would give it 2.5 stars. If you can get a good deal and are staying for a night or two then it is fine. Otherwise, would look elsewhere. Have not been impressed with Crown Plaza in general, they are usually old and run down. And to me, Marriott, all hotels, have the best customer service hands down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear wrthster,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to write feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that you found your stay less than satisfactory on this day due to the room accommodations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!