I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while in Tampa on business for a week, and was very pleased with the accomodations as well as the staff.
The room was quite comfortable, with WiFi and HDTV. I was a little disappointed in the channel lineup (no Comedy Central?) but the picture was excellent. At one point the TV lost signal on a couple channels, but a call to the front desk brought a guy up to fix it immediately. The WiFi seemed as though it was a little overtaxed, particularly in the early evenings. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was a nice stand up (no bath) arrangement with sliding glass door rather than a curtain. Maid service was reliable and excellent, with loads of towels every day.
I was surprised to find that the refrigerator sized section in the dresser was empty, but the staff informed me that there are rooms which have them, for five dollars a night extra. I would have liked to have had that option prior to checking in, but it wasn't too bothersome.
Mojitos, the bar in the lobby of the hotel, serves good food at hotel prices, and the drinks are well made. There is also a little grab-n-go counter with yogurts, candy bars, and that sort of snacks. Also hotel prices, but they are fresh, and they will charge it to the room as well as take payment. The complimentary breakfast offered each morning is excellent. Great service, good food, and good variety.
I really enjoyed the stay and recommend it. I'll be back in December, looking forward to it.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.