“Excellent Choice for a pre-cruise hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Memramcook
“Excellent Choice for a pre-cruise hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well ... my husband and I travel quite a bit and have stayed at many hotels over the years and I can honnestly say that I have never stayed at a hotel with friendlier staff !!! EVERYONE we met during our stay were wonderful ! From the front desk .. do the drivers ... restaurant staff .. we just couldn't get over how friendly and helpful everyone was. I would DEFINATELY recommend the Crowne Plaza. We most definately will be staying there on our next visit to Tampa. The only reason I have rated them a 4 instead of 5 was I was awaken by the music from the club ... but had no trouble getting back to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your kind words regarding our team are very touching. I am thrilled that our Award Winning staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was a success.

We thank you again for your feedback and look forward to future stays to come.

Warm Regards,
Melissa Golub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Pace, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Had an amazing stay in Orlando, Fl and to finish up our vacation we decided to go to Bush Gardens. We booked our room 2 weeks in advance and asked for a king bed. Walk into the main lobby and the hotel is bright and airy, and staff was friendly. Good start. However, that was the best part of this hotel. We were given a room on 4th floor. We get off the elevator to a completely different hotel...the carpet is dark black, the ceiling has been lowered with the original ceiling painted black, and the newer lower ceiling white, and walls were gray....YUK...just what I like to do walk down a dark gloomy hallway in a hotel. We get to our room...it doesn't get any better. The walls are gray, the carpet it gray, the lighting is all filtered and tile is black. Dark and dingy, Awful! The carpet looks to have been wet because most of it is no longer stuck to the floor, and the musty smell of the room. Then to add insult to injury there is no refrigerator, the cabinet is bare. Great. We call the front desk and say this is unsatisfactory, and they tell us the have no other king size rooms available. We say fine, we will take full beds, carpet that not coming off the floor, and a refridgerator. They send us to the 10th floor. To a room that two people cannot walk around without bumping into each other, and a queen size bed, that's right just one, but we did have a fridge. Apparently, the carpet was just shoddy workmanship, because this room too had carpet no longer stuck to the floor. It's one night whatever we can handle it for one night. Same dingy color scheme and filtered light. I walk over to the roll up window screen, to at least let some light into the room, gave it a tug.....crash it falls to the floor. REALLY...UGH! Reinstall the shade and it will not roll up, it is froze....again...whatever...let's get out of this room and go have some fun. Have a great time at the park, we get back around 10:30pm, time to go to bed we have a long drive home tomorrow. Apparently We Should have went to the great bar they had in the hotel.....because we got to listen to EVERY song they played until 2am when they finally closed. Get up tired and cranky in the morning to find that we have only enought coffee for one cup. Just proving this is not a room for two people. We will NEVER stay at this hotel again, nor would we ever recommend it to anyone.. Oh did I mention that I'm a platinum member of this chain.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Our hotel is recently renovated and was awarded the IHG Renovation award in 2009. We value our product and sincerely apologize our decor wasn't what you were looking for.

The team at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore is the proud recipient of the 2012 Torchbearer Award which is given to the top 6 Crowne Plaza hotels in North America based on guest satisfaction and feeback. While our product may have minor issues, we believe our team is what enhances the guest experience.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve upon our services and product. We do hope that you give us another opportunity to earn your loyatly.

Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked a surprise birthday trip for my Fiance in June this year 2012 to Tampa, Florida to Skydive and to swim with sharks. At the time of booking our reservation, I told the guys at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore that our trip was a special birthday surprise trip and asked if they could make our trip extra special I would appreciate it. I certainly didn't expect what they did. they went above and beyond and upon checkin we discovered that we had been upgraded to a poolside apartment, compliments of them. It really set our stay off to a fantastic start. The apartment had everything we needed, microwave, fridge, kitchen etc. The bar at the hotel is great too, not to mention their gym! On top of this all the staff were very professional, efficient, friendly and inviting. They offer free airport pick up and drop off as well as free transportation from the hotel to almost all of the hotspots in the area as well as picking you up when you are ready to return. The drivers, the bartenders, the maids, the reception staff, the Chef (food is outstanding!) and the Concierge all made our experience one to remember and because of them, we will always stay at the Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore when we travel to Tampa. Thanks guys! Laura and Adam.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Had a 2 bed room on the 9th floor.

Pros:

Room: Nice rooms, modern decor, appears to have been somewhat recently renovated, nice walk in shower, somewhat odd lounge chair but it worked

Bed and Pillows: Very very comfortable, so much better than the Tampa Bay Grand Hyatt I was in the week before, runs on the soft side

Wireless: Free and had decent speed

Parking: Plentiful in the back, if you're towing something or have a moving truck you won't have a problem finding a spot

Food: Mojitos was excellent, decent prices for the bar drinks, they run aggressive happy hour specials

Cons:

Room: The HVAC was loud but it worked really well, downer was this really loud sound from the bathroom plumbing/toilet that occurred randomly throughout the night, I could hear it even with earplugs and a white noise machine on

All in all, this is one of the better hotels I've stayed in while on business in Tampa. I'd come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Let me just start by saying that the customer service at this hotel was absolutely fantastic. I stayed the weekend at this hotel for a friend's wedding and I must say that it was a nice venue with cute and cozy rooms.

Appearance: It's a small hotel compared to other Crowne Plazas so the rooms are a little small as is the bathroom. The hotel was nice and clean so I was happy. The beds are so plush! :)

Parking: Don't expect valet parking or bellhop service. Truthfully, you really don't need valet because the parking is literally right in front of the hotel with nearby overflow parking. When I arrived one of the gentleman upfront was kind enough to help me take my things to my room.

Staff: They are friendly, always smiling, and seem genuinely nice. I was offered a complimentary checkout as late as 2pm, but decided to stay an extra night anyhow. The wakeup calls were prompt, the power went out in my room because of circuit overload but a gentleman from maintenance fixed it right away, and had chilled water delivered to my room twice without charge.

Downside: There is a club attached to the hotel and you can hear the music all night from your room. I made the most of it and went inside to have a cocktail and hung out for a little while. Hotel guest get in free. The club goers don't have separate parking so if you leave the hotel, when you return you'll get bumped to the overflow parking. I found that a bit annoying.

Overall: Nice staff, nice hotel, I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our Award Winning team for our excellent customer service.

We sincerely apologize for the music from Mojito. I can assure you this was an isolated incident and we have taken the necessary precautions to ensure noise won't affect future stays.

Once again thank your for reviewing your stay and we are happy you had a wonderful weekend.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spent approximately three weeks in this hotel this summer for various business trips. First, the outside style of the building reveals that it is not a brand new building, but the inside is modern and well kept.

I have stayed in both suites and regular rooms, both are nice with fully functioning HVAC and nice, updated bathrooms. The channel selection on the TV was pleasantly robust. My only complaint about the room is that there are issues with plumbing noise. It has occurred in every room I have stayed in, so I think it has something to do with the pipes in the walls. There was never any issues with a sewage backup, but you will hear heavy running water at random times throughout the night.

I have not used the pool, but it appears clean and was regularly used during my stays. The outdoor seating is clean and comfortable, providing a nice spot to relax after a hard day of work. The fitness center is small, but is pretty much on par with most hotels, a multipurpose machine, small selection of weights, and several cardio machines. It is a converted suite, with cardio machine in the front room and the weights in the back.

The daily breakfast offering is reasonably priced and has sufficient variety that I never got bored of eating there. They have a Starbucks kiosk in the lobby, but if you are looking for your morning brew, there are several full Starbucks nearby.

The bar and restaurant have a fun atmosphere with live entertainment on Friday and Saturday. The drink prices are reasonable with happy hour being even better. Misti is by far the star of the staff, while some leave a lot to be desired. The menu of the restaurant is fun and tasty, but most of the items are small tapas style servings or served al la carte.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and will stay here again on my future trips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate you spending 3 weeks with us during the summer for business and are pleased to hear you will return for future trips.

We wish to apologize for the plumbing noise during your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help to us to continue to improve our product.

While pointing out features of your stay that you enjoyed, we really like to see that one of our employees made a positive impact. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Misti for her service.

Once again, we thank you for your detailed review and we look forward to seeing you on future travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

One only has to stay at the Crown Plaza Westshore in Tampa to understand they are receiving the best rooms (cabanas), great staff, and of course awesome bartenders including our favorites Misti and Lynn, they bring in the crowd and make this place rock with their awesome personalities!!! Our Goverment organization uses this hotel all the time when we come here to work! Also the Management Staff is great, way to go Joe!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for your awesome review of your recent stay. Our hotel cabana suites provide ample space to make you feel at home while away from home.

We are thrilled you enjoyed our restaurant and bar, Mojito and appreciate the kinds words of two of our staff members. As a Torchbearer Award Winning hotel, we take pride in delivering top notch guest service to ensure you have an excellent stay.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melissa Golub

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!