“Awesome Hotel, Great Staff, Great Food and Great Bar!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Awesome Hotel, Great Staff, Great Food and Great Bar!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

One only has to stay at the Crown Plaza Westshore in Tampa to understand they are receiving the best rooms (cabanas), great staff, and of course awesome bartenders including our favorites Misti and Lynn, they bring in the crowd and make this place rock with their awesome personalities!!! Our Goverment organization uses this hotel all the time when we come here to work! Also the Management Staff is great, way to go Joe!!!

• Stayed September 2012
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for your awesome review of your recent stay. Our hotel cabana suites provide ample space to make you feel at home while away from home.

We are thrilled you enjoyed our restaurant and bar, Mojito and appreciate the kinds words of two of our staff members. As a Torchbearer Award Winning hotel, we take pride in delivering top notch guest service to ensure you have an excellent stay.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Melissa Golub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed there about 4 different times and I have NO COMPLAINTS. For the $$ and what other hotels in the area charge there is no other place that will get my visits. The hotel is old, but remodeled. When you shut the door you don't hear hall chatter or traffic. The bed is very comfy too!!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that your stay was great and you had no complaints. We strive to deliver an excellent product with excellent service to ensure guest satisfaction.

We are thrilled that due to comfortable beds and a quiet nights rest, there is no other hotel in Tampa that you would rather stay at. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Melissa Golub
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times. Up until our last stay, they were enjoyable. Being a priority club member, I have certain preferences. I called the property the day before our stay and was ensured of the room we always get. The clerk stated our room would be ready upon arrival.
Upon check in, we discovered they gave our room to someone else and ended up on a third floor room instead. (elevators are in lobby, we were on far side from elevator)
Additionally, there was a lack of toilet paper in the bathroom for two adults and two kids. Only enough bath towels for three, even though our reservation was for four.
I am not so much concerned about these issues as some were addressed right away, but more so because it took over three weeks from our initial request for a member of management to finally e-mail me. this is an indicator that there was no concern about a former 100K plus priority club member. Next time in Tampa, it will be the Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Shop around first
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear radioman63,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and Hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and regret the service we offered did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you sharing your thoughts and comments. I hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Guest service at its finest, everyone greeted us with a smile, the room was very spacious and clean. The pool was a refreshing treat after the long drive. The bed was crisp and so comfy a perfect night sleep. Kudos to the staff for making a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Niceville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a last minute decision to stay here and checked in really late with no reservations and I was able to get a room. The hotel is in a perfect location and I felt safe staying here alone. It is also walking distance to the mall which has plenty of shopping, food, and a movie theatre. The pool was also nice. There weren't many people in the pool so that was also a plus. The hotel was very quiet and being near the airport I didn't hear any planes. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had a bay view room on a high floor. It was large, nicely updated, and QUIET. Check in was very fast, professional and friendly-- at midnight no less. The room and bathroom were extremely clean and the bed very comfortable.

The availability of wireless internet and easily reachable outlets/USB etc were terrific, things I value during my short stays.

Location is terrific-- close to many restaurants, shopping and airport. The Westshore Mall, with movie theater/restaurant/Saks/Macys is within walking distance.

Check out was also a breeze and the staff made an extra effort to be friendly- nice way to start the day.

I did not use the amenities (fitness, restaurant, pool, etc).

As a frequent traveler with other hotel chains, I don't usually stay at Crowne Plazas. I tried this one because availability at other hotels was limited. I have stayed at almost every hotel in the downtown/Westshore/airport area, and I will definitely be back for a second visit. If it's another positive experience, I think this will be my go-to hotel.

I travel to Tampa regularly and usually stay in in a hotel for only one night at a time, so my review might not be helpful for a vacationer/family, etc.

Room Tip: There is a tower building and an adjacent 2-story building. I think the tower rooms, especially bay...
Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Saint James City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hubby and I stayed one night at the beginning of August 2012. We flew into Tampa Intl airport late at night, and stayed in this hotel overnight, before driving the next day to Sanibel. Our room was clean; the A/C worked great; there was a room-darkening shade behind the curtains to keep out the early morning sun; the bathroom was very nice; the front desk guy was friendly; and parking was adequate. Close to the airport, but no noticeable airplane noise. No free breakfast though. I think to stay competitive these days, some kind of complementary breakfast should be included at every hotel. It's been the standard in Europe forever. And it's such a convenience to weary travelers. Get a clue Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!