Stayed three nights at this CP.
Pros: Anyone who travels regularly will note that this is an exceptionally well-groomed property. Recognized as a Platinum member at check-in, promptly given a corner room on a quiet floor which was very much appreciated. View was mainly the highway but I couldn't hear any noise. Room was very clean, modern and well-equipped with a 42" LG HDTV, CD alarm clock, fridge, upscale glass work area, comfortable desk chair, small square sofa and futuristic lighting. Beds were wonderful. Bathroom was spacious with an elegant design and instant hot water and ergonomic shower head. A/C unit was quiet and efficient, as were the elevators. Mojito, a large, attractive bar serves excellent quesadillas and Cuban sandwiches. Sam the bartender was terrific. All other public areas were clean (especially when considering the large camp groups overtaking the hotel amenities).
The CP is situated in a safe area right off the I-275. It's a wonderful central location for all main points of interest (downtown Tampa, Clearwater, Dunedin, Zoo, Bucs, Lightning, Rays). Large mall one block east. Less than 3 miles from the airport. Free parking.
Cons: Minimal. Bathroom lacks counter space. Room not vacuumed thoroughly. Notified housekeeping that two of the four lamp bulbs were burnt out. A previous guest would have been hard on the blind chord, and subsequently it did not roll up particularly well, letting some light in. Some of the Mojito staff (Misty, Heather) were crabby and wore attitudes that didn't fit in with the high customer-service orientation seen throughout the rest of the hotel. If all front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff are attentive and pleasant, why can't the waitresses follow suit? A warm smile goes a long way in the service business.
Overall, this is an upscale CP which felt like a 4 - 4.5-star property. An excellent stay.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.