“Outstanding CP property, among the best.” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
stigs17
“Outstanding CP property, among the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed three nights at this CP.

Pros: Anyone who travels regularly will note that this is an exceptionally well-groomed property. Recognized as a Platinum member at check-in, promptly given a corner room on a quiet floor which was very much appreciated. View was mainly the highway but I couldn't hear any noise. Room was very clean, modern and well-equipped with a 42" LG HDTV, CD alarm clock, fridge, upscale glass work area, comfortable desk chair, small square sofa and futuristic lighting. Beds were wonderful. Bathroom was spacious with an elegant design and instant hot water and ergonomic shower head. A/C unit was quiet and efficient, as were the elevators. Mojito, a large, attractive bar serves excellent quesadillas and Cuban sandwiches. Sam the bartender was terrific. All other public areas were clean (especially when considering the large camp groups overtaking the hotel amenities).

The CP is situated in a safe area right off the I-275. It's a wonderful central location for all main points of interest (downtown Tampa, Clearwater, Dunedin, Zoo, Bucs, Lightning, Rays). Large mall one block east. Less than 3 miles from the airport. Free parking.

Cons: Minimal. Bathroom lacks counter space. Room not vacuumed thoroughly. Notified housekeeping that two of the four lamp bulbs were burnt out. A previous guest would have been hard on the blind chord, and subsequently it did not roll up particularly well, letting some light in. Some of the Mojito staff (Misty, Heather) were crabby and wore attitudes that didn't fit in with the high customer-service orientation seen throughout the rest of the hotel. If all front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff are attentive and pleasant, why can't the waitresses follow suit? A warm smile goes a long way in the service business.

Overall, this is an upscale CP which felt like a 4 - 4.5-star property. An excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
On the Water, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

They saved me at the last minute. I arrived on a Friday night in June because I needed a break from my significant other. There were a ton of kids in the entrance way & I almost freaked-out, but I went inside and asked for a "childless" floor. The manager was kind enough to give me a free drink from the bar without me asking because I was stressed. They put me on the 7th floor with no screaming mimes because they understood I need to "think." I was thrilled. Everything went very well. Lots of quiet calmness (with the exception of a raging rain storm outside which only God can control). The staff was really very friendly and nice and they had lots of parking near the front door. It was a nice relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Love the quiet 7th floor room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was the first time we stayed in a Crowne Plaza hotel and we were quite impressed. When we drove up to the front of the hotel it didn't quite have that warm inviting feeling that other hotels we've stayed at have. But once you get inside it's all quite nice. The front desk staff made for a quick check-in and were friendly. When we arrived the front parking lot was full and had to park at the rear of the building. From there it was a long enough walk back to the elevators through the hotel towards the front of the building. The room we had, on the 8th floor, was a nice size and accommodated our family of four easily without us running into each other like some hotels. Our only faults in the room was the lack of a bath tub and the air conditioner unit was a little noisy when it cut in. Overall the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and we definitely would stay here again if we return to the Tampa area.
On a side note, we ended up leaving an item in the room but didn't notice it missing until we got home. We called the hotel the next day and it ended up that the item had been brought to the front desk. The staff had no problem packaging up the item and sending it to us. Our son will be greatfull when the item returns.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greeneville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Overall, nice motel. I did wake up to this huge roachie looking bug beside my headboard. Discussed this with the asst manager and she was willing to split the cost of the room with me and the large bug. I asked that the bug atleast pay for that night, since he was invading my sleeping space. We stayed 4 nights. With 3 little ones, it would had been nice to have a laundry room in the motel to keep up the laundry and wet clothes. Instead, I had to venture out into unknow territory to find a laundry mat on my vacation. It would had also been nice to have a refridgerator in the room. Never thought to ask about this, due to most motels have them. I also wasn't to happy with the staff when my 3 yr olds hand got caught in the automatic front glass doors. This was painful for him and scary for us. Not one of the on looking staff came out to check on him to see if he was alright. I will not choose to stay there again when visiting my son in the Air Force. (PS: I know most places have some kind of bugs, but apparently, I was told that this one must have came in due to the storm. Apparently, He must prefer the 7th floor. I wonder if he took the elevator!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Mary T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear that you found our location convenient. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Rest assured that your comments about will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

After being at the beach and sightseeing, it was wonderful to come "home" to a clean and comfortable room. William was so helpful, the places he suggested for us were just great. The staff was polite and were there with anything we needed! We will definitely stay there again! Thank you William and staff for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We take pride in ensuring our guests have a fantastic stay and feel at home away from home. We look forward to seeing you on future travels.

Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel does not qualify as 4-stars. The entire room was wired by electric extension cords (that are in plain view), The electric socket was separated from the lamp and I took this as a clear indication not to use it, the carpet in the room was filthy (unfortunately the dark gray color doesn’t hide the stains), the electric sun visor in the room wasn’t completely operable (only closed ½ way through). There were major cleaning issues (water spots on the ceiling and the elevators doors full of hand prints. My boyfriend and I requested to have an early check in (2:00 instead of 3:00). We entered our room to relax after our long drive and immediately left. We contemplated getting another hotel room but decided to just enjoy the city and return later to sleep. I spoke with another visitor in the elevator and asked her if her room was up to standard (in hopes that maybe, exchanging rooms because we received a bad one), she replied by saying “not at all, I’m very disappointed. I’ve seen better rooms at the Days Inn” and she is right. The only thing 4-star about the room was the bathroom.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that you felt your stay wasn't worth your money. Our hotel is a Quality Excellence award winner from IHG which is based on guest satisfaction. I can assure you that if your room wasn't satisfactory, this was an isolated incident. We take pride in delivering excellent service and a great product. We do hope that you consider giving us another opportunity to gain your loyatly as I'm positive we can turn your experience around.

Best Regards,
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Reserved a room for the same night with a Priceline bid. If I paid full price I would have been disappointed but at the lower price and at the last minute this hotel was fine. Check In was friendly and efficient. The only choice for a quiet room further up was a queen bed. The hotel lobby and pool area was filled with noisy kids. So when we got off the elevator on the 7th floor, we were glad to see a sign reading "Quiet zone. Children, elephants and marching bands will not be assigned to this floor. Maids service rooms after 10 am. Keep your TV volume low as well as your conversations and try not to slam doors. "The last seems an impossibility in hotels lately. Slamming doors are a given. Our corner room was clean, quiet and had a partial side view of the bay. There was no tub but a large shower. Towels were ample but scratchy. Bathroom had a granite countertop and a light up makeup mirror which took up a lot of space. The in room coffee maker had one envelope of regular and one decaf and the coffee was lousy. But they do have a Starbucks in the lobby. The room also had a working fridge. I was awakened in the middle of the night by guests down the hall who hadn't read the sign apparently. But this hotel is older and I'm not sure how well interior walls are insulated. The whosh of traffic on West Kennedy Blvd below our window wasn't bad and provided a white noise as did the air conditioning unit. Other than the whosh we really heard no outside noises. Excellent, since 275 is just beyond the building. If you're getting the impression that I'm a stickler for a quiet hotel stay, you're right. All in all, given our last minute arrangements and discounted price, this hotel is just fine.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. This past weekend the hotel was filled with numerous groups, all here for different reasons. Our designated quiet zone is available Sunday through Friday while Saturday is the exception.

I am pleased that you found your room accommodations to be quite pleasant with a nice view of Tampa Bay. Hopefully during your next trip we will be able to provide you with a room type that will best suit your needs.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Melissa Golub

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!