“Best bartender I've had in years. Her name is Misti. I honestly can't say enough about her” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #32 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel. Great bartender named Misti. Super cool, mega hot, heavy pouring hand.

• Stayed February 2012
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. We look forward to seeing you on future travels.

Melissa Golub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Picayune, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My fiance and I chose this hotel for a two night trip to Tampa after several of the other lower priced hotels in the area were booked. Great decision! The hotel staff was great and made us feel welcomed. We had a couple of problems, though. There was the wedding reception being held at the hotel the night we checked in and all the free parking spaces were filled. We ended up having to valet park my car for $12 on top of $119 per night room charge, but that did include complementary breakfast. Then the next morning our sink would not drain properly. We reported that to the front desk clerk and it was fixed by the time we returned that evening. Upon our departure we found they had credited us the $12 valet charge, though I haven't seen it appear on my bank account yet. The room was spacious, very clean and nice. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and maintained. Coffee was delicious and the servers were excellent. In the rooms there were no fridge or microwave like the cheaper hotels and no tub, just a shower, but a nice one. The makeup mirror was great and there was a real hair dryer. But most important, the bed was very comfortable, though it didn't care for the blanket they used. Overall, a great experience none the less.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay. We apologize for the maintenance issue you experienced but appreciate the contructive feedback which helps us to improve upon our services. The valet charge that was credited during your stay should appear back on your credit card in 5-7 days.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed Saturday night at the CP West Shore and to my surprise there wasn't a parking spot to be had. Turns out there was a wedding reception going on. Since I am a Priority Club Platinum member and have stayed at this property at least 6-7 times (once held a meeting here for 25 people) I expected the front desk associate to find a way to "take care of me" when I said where am I going to park? I was informed I could valet park for $12 per night, the new policy states that there is "limited free parking". When I said this was unacceptable I was basically told "it's our policy" and after going back and forth for a brief time realized there was nothing I could do or say to change it. I was not happy. I was responsible for two other people staying there that night as well....too bad.
The room was great as always, the other hotel employees I happen to deal with were great. I just find it hard to believe the management would be willing to lose my business over the principle of paying to park. I've spent plenty of money at the CP West Shore over the past 2 years, now we need $12 more. Really?? I felt like I was just number and that loyalty did not matter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel once again. We truly value all of our guests and especially appreciate loyal Platinum members such as yourself.

On January 1st, our hotel added Valet Parking to better accomodate our guests here for daily events and overnight accomodations.

We hope you continue to use our hotel for your accomodation and business meeting needs. I am confident you will find ample complimentary parking in the future.

Hernando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very Clean and Comfortable Hotel! Free Breakfast is the best! Buffet Breakfast really beats the Marriott chain or Hampton Inn! Great Happy Hour $5 well drinks! Rooms are clean and comfortable but a bit dated. Only one switch in the bathroom for both light and fan! Front desk was very helpful. We ate at Bern's Steakhouse and what a fantastic meal with a tour of the kitchen, wine room and desert in the upstairs bar with entertainment! Just a tip: Do not turn right when leaving the front hotel exit or you end up going south on 295 across Tampa Bay! 45 minute drive to Bern's during rush hour traffic! I learned the hard way!

Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We spent one night here on return from a cruise, love the hotel, very clean and comfortable, great pool area. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Shuttle not only does airport transfers, but took us to nearest beach and resturants, then to nearest UPS and shops, a phone call and they where there to pick us up again in no time. Nice buffet breakfast included in the price. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent vacation. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel amenities. We hope you had a wonderful vacation and look forward to seeing you on future travels.

}���S��
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Staff make or break a hotel. At the Crown Plaza, Westshore, Tampa they make it with abundance. Good welcome. New bar area, which also serves food, very good with great atmosphere and excellent service. Free shuttle was very useful, taking us to restaurant a couple of miles away with "Bob" the driver telling some enjoyable quips. Can WALK to good shopping mall in minutes and several restaurants. We stayed in King Executive room on 11th (top) floor which was fine (but ask for a room away from the lifts!). We'll be back to the hotel when we return for our flight back to the UK in five weeks time. With the great staff attitude we would not miss it!

Room Tip: Avoid a room by the lift
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our new bar/restaurant, Mojito as well as they many amenities our hotel has to offer.

Bob is an asset to our bellstaff and I will be sure to pass along your kind comments.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you upon your return before you head home to the UK.

HaveBaggsWillTravel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We booked this hotel as our post cruise stay because the information we had received from the internet was that this location had a shuttle from the cruise port. When we disembarked the cruise and called them we found out this information was incorrect. We ended up having to take a taxi that cost us over $20. When we arrived at the hotel to check in we asked if we could speak to someone to register a complaint about the faulty information we had received. Melissa, Director of Rooms, came out and listened to our story. In this day and age of low to no customer service, we didn't expect much except maybe a sympathetic ear. However, she greatly surprised us. She not only took the $20 for taxi fare off of our bill, but she upgraded us to a suite. After three of us (myself, my husband and our grown daughter) had been cramped in a cruise ship cabin for a week, we almost didn't know how to act with that much space. But more important to us than the extra space, was the fact that we received genuine, caring and ever so rare customer service.

That night after we returned from a concert, we decided to have some snacks and drinks in the restaurant / bar located in the lobby. The gentleman that was acting both as bartender and waiter was absolutely delightful. He was the perfect topper to the whole lovely experience!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review from your post cruise stay. I do remember speaking with you and your family and it was our pleasure to assist you in making sure your entire trip was pleasant and enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return in the future.

Melissa Golub

Been to Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore? Share your experiences!