“Don't bother with a Suite in the summer” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Don't bother with a Suite in the summer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

This review is of the Suite only and is intended for Starwood Platinum's and those booking a Suite outright...don't bother with the west facing suite rooms. Although this is a newer property and very nice, the AC can not cool the West facing suites properly in the hot Florida summer. A small single 11 inch air vent in the living and bedroom coupled with the sensor that turns the AC off if u leave your room is a disgrace for this 4 star property.

Opt for a regular non West facing room in summertime and enjoy this property.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Everything at the hotel was AMAZING!! My husband and I chose this hotel for our wedding weekend. Both our families commented on how nice & beautiful everything was, and that the staff was excellent!! We worked with Jennifer, and she was simply the best!! She allowed me to bring welcome bags for my guests 2 days before my guests arrived and insured that each would receive theirs. I was able to check with most of the family and they all received their bags with everything still inside the way I left them!! Jennifer was extremely helpful & definitely put my mind at ease :) so thank you very much!! Some of my guests were even able to get an early check-in, which was extremely helpful. We have eaten in the Aquanox a few times now... the food was delicious and the service was excellent!! We had brunch the morning after the wedding, and had no problems with the food or service. They even brought out plates and silverware to help serve left over wedding cake I had :) The shuttle was a great touch (takes you anywhere within 3 miles)!! They took us out to International Mall where we continued the party after the wedding! Also, they have live entertainment on the weekends (and Thursday nights) I think, which consists of a piano player in the bar (which they may have more but that’s what I've seen so far...), which is a nice touch. We will definitely use this hotel again if/when the need arises!!

• Stayed June 2010
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Very convenient to airport. Great restaurant, a little pricey, food is great. Very comfortable beds. Very clean. Quiet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

The view from your bedroom window can be quite stunning overlooking the city behind the lakes but it is a way from most things, shops etc so without a car you ares tuck. With a car nothing is too far, 20 minute drive and in the main "shopping mall" area and 10 minutes if that to the airport.

Service in the hotel was so so, forgot I was in "tip culture land" and the boy who served my breakfast got more than a little angry I did not tip on an 18 dollar breakfast which was not all that anyway. Rooms a little dated but clean and roomy, found the room service a little slow after being out all day and getting back at 4 and still my bed not made or the room cleaned.

Not a bad place but I am sure there are better, maybe got unlucky.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Northern Virginia, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This newer Westin is one of the nicer hotels we've stayed in. Our room seemed brand new - the bath was big with an oversized glass shower and the bed was indeed heavenly. Our room had a spectacular view of the sunset over the bay.

The front desk staff were friendly and professional. The Westin Tampa Bay is located just off the causeway and was very convenient to the airport without having that airport hotel feel.

We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I know this is long overdue, but I felt like I had to review this wonderful hotel! The staff members at the Westin Tampa are what make this place stand out to me. Pardon the absurd length of the review :-)

The first time I stayed at the hotel, it was actually for a photography shoot, in preparation for my wedding day. Because the hotel was pretty much brand new, it was fairly empty. The manager personally came to show the photographer and me almost the entire premises! The bar was really chic, and fun to hang out in.... amazing colorful pictures. The "beach", is a great place to soak in the sun... but only during the early moments of the day! The beach faces due east, so once the sun falls behind the hotel itself, you're sitting in the shade. It also faces the causeway... so the sight and sound of cars are not far away. Nonetheless, you have beautiful clearwater beach not too far away, so don't decide on the hotel based on the beach. My favorite aspect of the hotel is, by far, the terrace. It has the most amazing sunset views!!!!!!! Got great pictures there. Perfect perfect perfect for outdoor receptions of any kind!

My husband and I were married nearby (last August, mind you... we were thinking of using the Westin and the terrace, but it was not open at the time yet and didn't want to risk it. Boy if I knew then what I know now) and had a bayview suite the whole day (for preparation and the night stay). With the hotel being new, I was quite afraid that the service would be sub-par. However, it was the complete opposite! The staff did everything they could to make my bridesmaids and I have the perfect environment in preparation for the big day. They brought up extra robes for all the girls extra coffee, and wine glasses for us. A concierge came up at least twice to make sure that everything was taken care of for us.

The night of, we ordered room service. It, as expected, was quite expensive, but fairly good. We just needed something to eat as we were so busy at the wedding we barely had anything!

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions about the Westin not hesitate to ask! Although it is secluded from the rest of Tampa (which some people would see as a plus) I highly recommend it for its proximity to the airport, and its service!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sanibel, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Great view of Tampa Bay. Nice staff. Nice gym. The rooms were SUPER QUIET, nice, clean and have a huge window with nice blackout curtains. Large flat screen TV. Starbuck's on site. Pool is indoors and not so inviting due to the chlorine smell, they should have a salt water pool. The private beach is not great. This is not a resort, it caters to business travels and it feels like it. If you traveling with a car (free parking) and can leave the hotel for meals this might work for you. We just wanted a nice, quiet room with a great view...the price was right, $111, so this Westin was perfect for us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple